• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Stepped up when we actually got the ball to him instead of forcing the play through the left hand side. Idk if people expect him to teleport around the pitch or something

Yeah we are doing a really poor job getting him on the ball, he had to drop deeper and to the middle to see any action.. I don't mind him on the right, but then we have to do a better job getting him involved instead of having him just chase fullbacks and press.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah we are doing a really poor job getting him on the ball, he had to drop deeper and to the middle to see any action.. I don't mind him on the right, but then we have to do a better job getting him involved instead of having him just chase fullbacks and press.

Actually dont mind him dropping deep as he advances play better than anyone on the team. He's also good advanced though, Özil at his best when you ping the ball at him and he can use the pace of to lay off or turn

Last edited:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Actually dont mind him dropping deep as he advances play better than anyone on the team. He's also good advanced though Özil at his best when you ping the ball at him and he can use the pace of to lay off or turn

Yeah I like it when he drops deep too, but he can't do that from the right wing or we end up with no one but Bellerin on the right side, so if he's playing as a rw we need to do a better job getting him the ball in advanced positions there.. If he's playing as a #10, I'd like to see him drop deeper and dictate play more, he's so good at advancing play and evading pressure...

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah I like it when he drops deep too, but he can't do that from the right wing or we end up with no one but Bellerin on the right side, so if he's playing as a rw we need to do a better job getting him the ball in advanced positions there.. If he's playing as a #10, I'd like to see him drop deeper and dictate play more, he's so good at advancing play and evading pressure...

Yeah honestly **** this wing bulkshit. Irony is Ramsey is better on the right side of mid than he is a 10. way better.

Godwin1

Very well-known
First half more of the same but second half there were signs of life. Just going to have to accept it's going to be a slow burner for Özil this season, I predict he'll hit form up within a few games up until after Christmas before returning to bad form.

Have to add that agree with some of the above posters, Özil on the wing with Ramsey in the middle has to end.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
When he becomes more involved we look a much better attacking unit. We need to focus on getting him involved as much as possible, he always makes the correct decision with his passes.

I also see him getting a few goals this season. He's been unlucky a few times with cutbacks, that won't continue for much longer. It will click for us before long.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Play him central or don't start him.
He isn't a right wing in Emerys system, he can't offer this defensive help for Bellerin.

You could see in the second half what he could do together with Laca and Auba.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He look much better in free role at 2nd half Özil isn't type of player to play him on wing he isn't going to help his teammate defensively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom