• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Where would this potential Fornite injury rank among the strangest injuries? Has to be up there with a West Ham player who dropped a cup of tea and then cut his foot on a shard of glass, or the player years ago that hurt his ankle after he tripped over his dog and fell down the stairs.
Wasn't there some Juve or maybe Milan player who hurt his hand playing vids a few years back? Whoever it was was out for a while I think.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Where would this potential Fornite injury rank among the strangest injuries? Has to be up there with a West Ham player who dropped a cup of tea and then cut his foot on a shard of glass, or the player years ago that hurt his ankle after he tripped over his dog and fell down the stairs.
This Dutch ex player Hofland did his hammy once standing up from the dinner table. It was extra funny because a month earlier he hurt his ankle while having a walk about with his dog.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

One that springs to mind is Darren Barnard. Might have been the late 90s when he slipped on dog piss and did his ligaments in. There was also a footballer who played for Dundee that fell through his glass table at home and had to get a heap of stitches - think he missed a couple of games.

Dregen57

I don't think there is a back spasm, he's been dropped! As for tension, he's been playing long enough to cope with the tension before a game. I love Özil but I'm the first to admit he's not missed when he doesn't play.
Just pure speculation

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm starting to strongly suspect there is something going on, it makes a lot of sense to me. But putting that aside, I think there should be discussions on whether we're getting enough from Özil. He definitely hasn't played at a level befitting of his mega-contract, and whether or not the injuries are real, the constant disappearances are cause for concern.

This might be controversial to some but if Emery doesn't plan to build the team around him, I'd look to sell him and reinvest. Even if we don't pocket a large fee, simply ridding ourselves of his wages would be a great financial help. The last two games have shown that we can live without him just fine.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm starting to strongly suspect there is something going on, it makes a lot of sense to me. But putting that aside, I think there should be discussions on whether we're getting enough from Özil. He definitely hasn't played at a level befitting of his mega-contract, and whether or not the injuries are real, the constant disappearances are cause for concern.

This might be controversial to some but if Emery doesn't plan to build the team around him, I'd look to sell him and reinvest. Even if we don't pocket a large fee, simply ridding ourselves of his wages would be a great financial help. The last two games have shown that we can live without him just fine.
Problem is, as it stands, who takes on those wages. Seems to me we've been played here. He had no suitors that we are aware of yet we handed him a whopping salary to secure his services... or at least, tied ourselves into a deal that (as it stands) is not worth it for us.

BTW, i love Mesut, but I'm very dismayed by his performances this season..

Aevi

Hale End FC
Problem is, as it stands, who takes on those wages. Seems to me we've been played here. He had no suitors that we are aware of yet we handed him a whopping salary to secure his services... or at least, tied ourselves into a deal that (as it stands) is not worth it for us.

BTW, i love Mesut, but I'm very dismayed by his performances this season..
There are whispers of interest from Inter, who I believe do have some financial means under their Chinese owners. But you're right, his wages make him very difficult to offload. Our best chance would be a rich club in China or Saudi Arabia, but I'm not sure he'd fancy such a move.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
There are whispers of interest from Inter, who I believe do have some financial means under their Chinese owners. But you're right, his wages make him very difficult to offload. Our best chance would be a rich club in China or Saudi Arabia, but I'm not sure he'd fancy such a move.
I don't think he would. Özil loves western culture. That's obvious. Even being an Islamic man, he wants western culture in his life. He is quite a complicated star actually. Looks to be a hugley emotional person. Something I can empathise with and admire.
Bit torn about this player now because I want him to be brilliant and ours, not just ours.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Must have been one of the early PES games then, they were class. I swear FIFA has never came close to early PES games, they were football gaming perfection.

The new PES is also way better than FIFA again. A friend and I tried both new ones and were shocked at how bad the gameplay of FIFA actually still is in comparison to PES - FIFA is just arcade football with amazing licencing and presentation whilst PES is on another level in gameplay

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Problem is, as it stands, who takes on those wages.
Assuming his current wage is £350k/w, if we offered to pay half of his remaining wage for a buying club in January then we’d have to sell him for about £23m to break even. The question is then if any club in Europe would pay at least £23m for a 30 year old in decline on a 175k/w wage. Only clubs I think could want/afford that is maybe the inter/ac Milan.

Our best bet if we’re looking to sell him is probably China. His agent confirmed that he had a big offer from China last year so it’s not entirely impossible. Paulinho at the age of 29 was sold for around £40m to a Chinese club last year so we’d definitely get some good money from Mesut if it ever happened.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Assuming his current wage is £350k/w, if we offered to pay half of his remaining wage for a buying club in January then we’d have to sell him for about £23m to break even. The question is then if any club in Europe would pay at least £23m for a 30 year old in decline on a 175k/w wage. Only clubs I think could want/afford that is maybe the inter/ac Milan.

Our best bet if we’re looking to sell him is probably China. His agent confirmed that he had a big offer from China last year so it’s not entirely impossible. Paulinho at the age of 29 was sold for around £40m to a Chinese club last year so we’d definitely get some good money from Mesut if it ever happened.
I just can't see Mesut in China though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom