• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah I don't see him staying to 2021. Quite likely he'll leave this summer I think. After winning yet another trophy ;)

Emery's system doesn't utilize him nearly as effectively as Wenger's did, so those wages are hard to deal with. People talk about his lack of assists this year but refuse to connect that to the way the team plays now vs previous seasons. Oh well.

New era now, so club will have to make some big decisions.

Hydro has done nothing but chat **** this season.

I hope you give your self time to go over my posts, find what you disagree with them and then write it down and send me. I'm all for getting educated, its one of the reason I joined this forum, to learn more about football!

If not, then this post is just mean and cruel and I don't understand what that gives you to act like that to another human being.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Yeah I don't see him staying to 2021. Quite likely he'll leave this summer I think. After winning yet another trophy ;)

Emery's system doesn't utilize him nearly as effectively as Wenger's did, so those wages are hard to deal with. People talk about his lack of assists this year but refuse to connect that to the way the team plays now vs previous seasons. Oh well.

New era now, so club will have to make some big decisions.

Özil has been completely off since the start of 2018. That’s almost a year and a half. You can’t put that weight on Emery’s system bruh, come on, let’s get real man. That’s before we even start talking about his constant sickies from the office. Nice guy and all that but he’s gotta go.

Having said all that - I am mentally prepared for him to stay. The suited marketing gods may demand it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I voted "Don't care, whatever Emery/the upstairs football committee want" in the Poll and that still stands. Yes he's had some good games but hasn't done anything that makes me feel he MUST stay. The problem is obviously finding a buyer AND him agreeing to it. I get the feeling even if he isn't a starter he will hold onto that £350k pw and tweet **** about being fit and ready, while Emery claims he has another virus.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
People on here were sucking off Ivan pretty hard in the summer, but like many other problems, he has left us a player on 350K a week.
He wasn’t t all good and he wasn’t all bad. Ousted Wenger but threw this giant leech at us.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I hope you give your self time to go over my posts, find what you disagree with them and then write it down and send me. I'm all for getting educated, its one of the reason I joined this forum, to learn more about football!

If not, then this post is just mean and cruel and I don't understand what that gives you to act like that to another human being.
You’ve found your humility lately! My humble sweet AM prince!

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Yeah, I think it's time to move on for him.

His wages are better spent elsewhere around the squad, we have quite a rebuilding job to do this summer.

You’ve found your humility lately! My humble sweet AM prince!

02f60f20057d087fbdbf98feee958036.jpg

GDeep™

League is very weak
He wasn’t t all good and he wasn’t all bad. Ousted Wenger but threw this giant leech at us.
Should’ve ousted Wenger a couple of years earlier, always been my stance he shouldn’t have given Wenger his last extension.

Had a hand in a number of our latest signings and gave Özil 350K a week despite Wenger being against it.

Ran off to AC Milan when we needed him most, most probably because he was now in the firing line with Wenger gone.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Should’ve ousted Wenger a couple of years earlier, always been my stance he shouldn’t have given Wenger his last extension.

Had a hand in a number of our latest signings and gave Özil 350K a week despite Wenger being against it.

Ran off to AC Milan when we needed him most, most probably because he was now in the firing line with Wenger gone.
Club was a mess, for sure. He was part of the good and bad. He definitely smelled the sh!t and ****ed off though. No denying that

blaze_of_glory

Özil has been completely off since the start of 2018. That’s almost a year and a half. You can’t put that weight on Emery’s system bruh, come on, let’s get real man. That’s before we even start talking about his constant sickies from the office. Nice guy and all that but he’s gotta go.

Having said all that - I am mentally prepared for him to stay. The suited marketing gods may demand it.
He was great last season, not sure what you mean.

Noticeable drop off in terms of production as soon as Emery took over. It is what it is.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I like his ability but we don't seem able to get enough out of him. People bang on about his wages but the move to Emirates was meant to take care of this situation. I've accepted he's staying but I assume we will build with him in mind as a sub. I don't fully understand how all the marketing works but if he helps,then it's all good. My personal disappointment is that he's not the second coming of Bergkamp and more currently, the contrast with Gundogan in terms of personal performance.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Interesting to see how Real is dealing with Gareth Bale, leaving him out of the squad and letting him know he is not wanted there. We'll see which club has more success in getting rid of these players, our approach of playing nicely with Özil or their approach of letting him know that he doesn't offer enough and removing him from the team.

TheEconomist

Established Member
His social media presence says it all for me. Özil is content to see coast through the rest of his contract and probably his career with us. He's happy to turn his fanbase against the club to keep his lucrative contract running as long as possible. He hasn't cared for a long time. 2 assists in the league, a string of absences, and not even being selectable away from home can tell you that.

I have a lot of issues with the management of the club but I'm completely with them if they try to force him out. He's holding us back

Also, we are much better off for not having gazidis around any more.

I hope Emery stands his ground on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom