• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Özil has been crap, who’s arguing otherwise? But the majority of the squad and management under performed this year in the league.

The EL Final gives everyone a chance to salvage this season.
The management didn't underperform, unless you're saying it's their fault we sustained injuries to key players when we did, and Ramsey's injury practically costing us at least 4th place? This is the same management that were there when we were 26 unbeaten after the first two league games. Nah, the suggestion doesn't make sense.

OSBK

Established Member
Özil has been crap, who’s arguing otherwise? But the majority of the squad and management under performed this year in the league.

The EL Final gives everyone a chance to salvage this season.

I actually think the squad has over achieved. Considering how bad our away form is, the goals we leaked and the fact that most of our squad wouldnt make a everton team and we finished just behind the pundit amazing Sp**s and have a chance at the el. If emery wins the el then this season is our best since we won the league, how has emery under performed? At the start of the season hand on heart did you expect top 4, no and to be a point off with this shambles is unreal.

For Özil i love the guy, hope he stays as he produces the only magic in our mediocre team and that moment every now and again keeps the love going for my club.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I actually think the squad has over achieved. Considering how bad our away form is, the goals we leaked and the fact that most of our squad wouldnt make a everton team and we finished just behind the pundit amazing Sp**s and have a chance at the el. If emery wins the el then this season is our best since we won the league, how has emery under performed? At the start of the season hand on heart did you expect top 4, no and to be a point off with this shambles is unreal.

For Özil i love the guy, hope he stays as he produces the only magic in our mediocre team and that moment every now and again keeps the love going for my club.
Top 3 was possible but we messed it up in the last 6 weeks - Chelsea, Sp**s and Utd also massively under performed this year, not like we were going up against top sides, Liverpool and City aside.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The management didn't underperform, unless you're saying it's their fault we sustained injuries to key players when we did, and Ramsey's injury practically costing us at least 4th place? This is the same management that were there when we were 26 unbeaten after the first two league games. Nah, the suggestion doesn't make sense.
Top 3 was in our hands 6 weeks ago. Emery with his tinkering cost us us points.

We couldn’t break down relegation fodder at home ffs, that’s on the manager. Think his 3 subs in the Brighton game totally cost us momentum if I remember correctly.

Emery under performed in the league.

We scored a couple of beauties, a true Wenger football before new year. After new year it felt like Emery managed to coach any of that out of the team and we became very uninspiring and boring attacking wise which would have been okay but unfortunately we didn't improve defensively either!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Worst football I have seen since before Wenger.
Not saying Emery plays good football but you're using selective memory there. We played terrible football last season. Could barely string passes together.

The squad became extremely unbalanced towards the end of the Wenger era, Xhaka replaced Santi in midfield which made our build up play poor.
Özil and Sanchez were both good signings but didnt actually suit the football Wenger once played. To ignore the fact that our football progressively got worse the last few season under Wenger would be quite stupid.

He messed it up in the end but we were competing with a side who had won the league 2 seasons ago and a Sp**s side who have had a steady consistent manager for years now.

Next season is a much more fair test of Emery's management skills here.

OSBK

Established Member
Top 3 was possible but we messed it up in the last 6 weeks - Chelsea, Sp**s and Utd also massively under performed this year, not like we were going up against top sides, Liverpool and City aside.

Top 3 was possible mid season onwards but at the start of the season did you realistically think top 3 was on with that squad. Did Sp**s underperform? According to the media poch is the best thing ever and Sp**s are a amazing side, i think Sp**s are just not that good and massively overhyped. Sarri gets battered by the press yet they finished ahead of the medias golden team Sp**s. We did mess it up but that goes back to actual quality of the squad and that we over achieved with a large amount of those players.

akhil

Top 3 was in our hands 6 weeks ago. Emery with his tinkering cost us us points.

We couldn’t break down relegation fodder at home ffs, that’s on the manager. Think his 3 subs in the Brighton game totally cost us momentum if I remember correctly.

It was in our hands no doubt. We've played 57 games this season. He tried to rotate but beyond our first 11, we've got players who'd struggle to get into teams in the bottom half. Even in our first 11 ,beyond a handful of players, the rest are nothing special. Xhaka started breaking down, Sokratis, Toreira suspensions along with long term injuries to Holding and Bellerin. Kos can't play 3 times a week either. We just ran out of gas from the looks of it. Emery was trying to rotate but quality just isn't there.

Chelsea got some major luck in the run in as well while Sp**s were the opposite of us, they had a ton of games at home in the run in.

Honestly, to me at least, if we win the EL, it was worth it and a good season considering where we started.

FluffyDoozi

We scored a couple of beauties, a true Wenger football before new year. After new year it felt like Emery managed to coach any of that out of the team and we became very uninspiring and boring attacking wise which would have been okay but unfortunately we didn't improve defensively either!
Yeah this isn't true, our football in the last 2 years under Wenger was dire. In fact it had been getting worse from when Fabregas, Nasri and co left. If we didn't have Santi for those years then we'd be playing the way we currently are.

Are we playing beautiful football under Emery? No. But to suggest that we were pleasing to watch in the last 2 to 3 years of Wenger is just disingenuous and frankly silly.
FFS I thought the fan agendas had died when Wenger left. The staunch Arsène supporters have in for Emery and some of the militant Wenger out fans can't find fault with Emery, atleast online. Surely there's a middle ground, he's been above average.
Very stupid of me to think we'd be holding each other singing kumbaya in a post-Arsène world.
Didn't mean to rant but had to let it out.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Very stupid of me to think we'd be holding each other singing kumbaya in a post-Arsène world.
No, you're spot on. There's divisions on every topic when it comes to this fan base, can't think of any other club that has a similar situation.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He doesn't fit in with Emery's style. Wonder if Madrid (either of) or Bayern can find a slot for him? Have came to terms with the fact that we've had 6 years of one of the world's most gifted footballers at our club, but he isn't going to get better here. It's time to mutual part ways.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah this isn't true, our football in the last 2 years under Wenger was dire. In fact it had been getting worse from when Fabregas, Nasri and co left. If we didn't have Santi for those years then we'd be playing the way we currently are.

Are we playing beautiful football under Emery? No. But to suggest that we were pleasing to watch in the last 2 to 3 years of Wenger is just disingenuous and frankly silly.
FFS I thought the fan agendas had died when Wenger left. The staunch Arsène supporters have in for Emery and some of the militant Wenger out fans can't find fault with Emery, atleast online. Surely there's a middle ground, he's been above average.
Precisely. So many Arsenal fans act like petulant little *****es, sticking to one extreme without looking at everything logically. Im getting fed up

GDeep™

League is very weak
No, you're spot on. There's divisions on every topic when it comes to this fan base, can't think of any other club that has a similar situation.
Think it’s modern football and social media. Barcelona and Madrid fans have similar divisions on Valverde, Rakitic, Busquets, whoever the sporting director is etc.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The agendas I see on this forum are embarassing at times. Im usually not bothered to pick people up on them and question it but some fans are just negative piles of ****.

GDeep™

League is very weak
People talk about agendas etc. What’s my agenda? Explicitly supporting a manager who done brilliantly for over 20 years? Supporting Ramsey, a player who spent 10 years here helping us win trophies? Backing Özil, a player who until recently was a performer, backing Emery for next season no matter what happens this season?

What’s my agenda? I’m backing people who have done good for this club.

Its not bad at all. Its makes this forum a great forum. We just have to work a little better to be respectful and civil to each other(Im guilty here too but once you go cat you cant get back)! :)

Reactions: A_G

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Just a reminder that we wouldn't be in the final if Emery hadn't brought back Özil after the disaster against Bate Borisov away. Mesut produced a majestic performance in his return to turn the tie around and help us avoid further embarrassment.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Think it’s modern football and social media. Barcelona and Madrid fans have similar divisions on Valverde, Rakitic, Busquets, whoever the sporting director is etc.
It seems like in the last 2-3 years it's gotten much worse at Arsenal, there's a lot of hostility around differing opinions. People make absolute judgements and then never budge, since being able to say you were correct from the start is more important than anything. So for example if someone thought a particular signing would flop, they'll carry on bashing them no matter how they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom