• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

moloso

I think I read somewhere that Wenger was against giving him a new contract on 350k a week, but the decision was made over his head. Not sure how true that is.

This may be right - I still assume Wenger wanted him resigned but it doesn't really affect what I was saying - Wenger played him a lot, gave him time off for whatever reason and didn't get much back in return, Emery took the other route, tried to get some sort of reaction and got basically zero back in return. Not sure there is anything else to get out of Mesut tbh - he's been here since 2013, this is his level...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yes they have. A few people have said it’s because Emery only wants to use the wing backs to create which explains why Özil is so ineffective.

Last night was embarrassing. Imagine being Arsenal in a european cup final and your only tactic is Kolasinac. He was ineffective and we had NOTHING else.

Chelsea score and it was game over. That is on Emery.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Whether you love him, hate him, or loved him in the past - is there anybody here that doesn’t agree he has to go?

He is the largest remaining relic of the previous empire. He is gold bricks weighing down the pockets of any Wenger successor trying to swim upwards to the surface of the Premiership pool.

This has all the makings of a relationship with the core fan base that is teetering on the edge of becoming toxic, and while I would have no problem enduring all manner of abuse for 350K p/w I suspect Özil is cut from a different cloth.

goonerfamily

I genuinely don't think he's interested in football anymore since the big contract. Probably the most overrated player in arsenal's history.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

You can clearly admit he gave up about football after 16-17 season from playing 45+ games to playing 30+ games. But damn look at all those assist for real Madrid and us until 2017. Sad decline.

say yes

forum master baiter
No one has said that. Emery is dreadful though, that’s clear to see.
People have been saying that and you’d know because you’ve literally been liking their posts.

Interesting point on Emery. If only there was a thread where we could discuss the manager?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

You can clearly admit he gave up about football after 16-17 season from playing 45+ games to playing 30+ games. But damn look at all those assist for real Madrid and us until 2017. Sad decline.

Wow. Emery really loves to destroy a quality player the Kolasinac loving fool.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I don't like kola but you have to stop defending Özil and blame Emery Özil was in decline even with wenger in charge he played like 5-10 elite games a season then underperformed

Look at the difference ffs. Of course it's largely on Emery. His bum tactics relying on ****e like Kolasinac has clearly had an influence.

We're clearly down on shots, chances created, and all underlying stats. He's turned us into Sevilla, that has an obviously had impact on Özil's stats as well.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Look at the difference ffs. Of course it's largely on Emery. His bum tactics relying on ****e like Kolasinac has clearly had an influence.

We're clearly down on shots, chances created, and all underlying stats. He's turned us into Sevilla, that has an obviously had impact on Özil's stats as well.
How does that explain Özil's crap performances before Emery?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

If that’s the case wouldn’t stats be down for everyone else? Auba and Lacazette have stats similar to what they have throughout their careers. Mkhitaryan and Iwobi are also producing similar stats to previous seasons.

say yes

forum master baiter
If that’s the case wouldn’t stats be down for everyone else? Auba and Lacazette have stats to what they have throughout their careers. Mkhitaryan and Iwobi are also producing similar stats.
Ramsey had the best season of his career since 13/14 playing in the 10 role etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom