• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miguel Almiron

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2017/10/arsenal-transfer-news-latest-miguel-almiron-update/

Probably bollocks since it's just based on a Daily Mail article but whatever. This guy has been quite good in MLS this year, scored some nice goals. But that seems like a pretty steep price regardless. Likely a non-story but we'll see.

I think we will be fairly active in Jan. We're already being linked to quite a few and if Alexis & Özil do go in Jan (so we get some money) that will ensure we bring some new faces in. As it is I would bring in a CB anyway, already we are seeing Kos miss games.

blaze_of_glory

MLS is not all that bad, probably better than say Scotland or some Scandinavian leagues at this point. Lots of people say it's on par with the Eredivisie, though I'm sure that's very debatable and I dont watch Eredivisie so I dont' know.

There are some very good players in the league though, especially attackers. Lots of South Americans playing there now because they can make better money than in their local leagues.

That said I don't know enough about Almiron to say if he would be worth picking up. But if the likes of Inter actually are also interested then that is a decent sign.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Almiron is potentially the best player in the MLS, but he is definitely not Arsenal quality. Will probably move to a lower-to-mid table La Liga side, as he's Paraguayan and of slight build, or he'll just continue to dominate the MLS and make way more as a DP than he could in Europe. He's also a few months away from 24, so not exactly a sure bet to improve all that much more.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom