• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miguel Ángel Angulo

Soler

Established Member
Vicente = left sided midfielder. I believe we're more than stocked in that part of the field.

calvinngai88

Well, I don't mind if Pires's moved to the central and Vicente coming in. Then RVP can be freed to be a full-time rotation striker.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Vicente would be without doubt a great signing. In today's Mirror the fee being bandied around for Angulo is £4m.

Split

It would make sense if Angulo goes to liverpool, with owen gone and the benetiz/valencia link.

Soler

Established Member
Sun say we're going to make a 6m swoop for him. I'd prefer defensive cover to another winger-striker.

patrick42uk

Established Member
dyer is available for 8 million or less he is a winger who can play upfront, as well as right back. would love him here, but some might not because of his 'attitude problems' . personally i think they are overrated.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I'm still not convinced about this Angulo link. Signing him would be harmful to the first team chances of Pennant, Aliadiere and possibly van Persie.

efurze

Don't really think another striker is needed. Certainly not needed as much as another defender is.

jacc_7_1

angulo will be good for us as a cover for the strikers but that will be impossible as angulo is pushing for a place in the spanish squad..

Soler

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I'm still not convinced about this Angulo link. Signing him would be harmful to the first team chances of Pennant, Aliadiere and possibly van Persie.

Personally, I don't think there is any future at Arsenal for Aliadiere.

A

Anonymous

patrick42uk said:
dyer is available for 8 million or less he is a winger who can play upfront, as well as right back. would love him here, but some might not because of his 'attitude problems' . personally i think they are overrated.

We nearly signed Dyer when he was at Ipswich.

But I dont think he is good enoguh. He has hardly set the world on fire at Newcastle and is very injury prone. No end product.

And on his attitude problems I dont really see them as much of a problem, but that football programme on the beeb during the season hasnt done him any favours.

On Angulo, dont know much about him, but if he was really that good wouldnt it have made sense for Liverpool to buy him? They needed a right winger and Benetiz connection aswell who would know him very well.

His signing would mean the end of Pennant aswell I would guess, unless we plan to sell Freddie.

Soler

Established Member
Sol said:
On Angulo, dont know much about him, but if he was really that good wouldnt it have made sense for Liverpool to buy him? They needed a right winger and Benetiz connection aswell who would know him very well.

From memory, Angulo was never a definite starter at Valencia while Rafa Benitez was there. He's not really a winger either - 'winger-striker' would be the way I'd describe him.

However, defensive cover is far more important at the moment.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
GoonerGurjit said:

Personally, I don't think there is any future at Arsenal for Aliadiere.

This is definitely a make-or-break season for Aliadiere. Injuries haven't helped his cause.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A few seasons back i thaught aliadiere would be a massive player for us in the future - he got rave reviews, broke records such as michael owen's fa youth cup goalscoring record, was a regular goalscorer for the reserves, and formed a lethal partnership with david bentley for our reserves.

But now it looks like he's a francis jeffers sort of player - plays fantastic in low profile games but nothing special at the highest level.

He does look very weak and injury prone right now - the only real time he impressed me was when he started against boro in a league game last season - but again, got injured and was taken off early in the game.

Who knows, if he gets 5 or 6 consecutive starts for the first team he might just prove us wrong.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom