• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
It is important to note that you are the one bringing up Hale End. Not all our younger players will be Hale End.

I am also ok with a few mid-20s players because they still have many seasons left in them, at least one more contract, and some development potential.

Players around 30 years old in particular though are not compatible with a club claiming to be in rebuild, telling its fans to be patient while that rebuild takes place.
Like I said, don’t start with Guendouzi, Martinelli, and Saliba. Two of the three have attitude issues, not going to fly here with Arteta. Martinelli has just returned from serious injury and it looks like he’s having learning curves with the system, ala Foden.

Jae

Exactly. If the board have the balls to appoint someone to Arsenal with no managerial experience whatsoever, then they should have the balls to see it through...unless a disaster run like the pre Xmas run was to be continuous.

They aren't going to sack after showing so much faith in him, giving him a promotion & more control, letting him work so closely with Edu to weed the bloat out. The guys not even had close to a proper pre season yet ffs.

Once everything is back to normal and the Emirates is full again I suspect it'll be the fans that ultimately get him sacked mate, although the board will have to have the balls to pull the trigger.

The fans for better or worse were the deciding factor in getting both Wenger and Emery sacked. Can see history repeating itself.

al-Ustaadh

Players around 30 years old in particular though are not compatible with a club claiming to be in rebuild, telling its fans to be patient while that rebuild takes place.
Have to balance the youth, while they have the qualities to fit Arteta’s system. At this point, Runarsson has been the biggest doubt. Even Willian has turned it around.

Iceman10

Established Member
Like I said, don’t start with Guendouzi, Martinelli, and Saliba. Two of the three have attitude issues, not going to fly here with Arteta. Martinelli has just returned from serious injury and it looks like he’s having learning curves with the system, ala Foden.

Just to note also, I can “start” with anything I want. You don’t run this forum.

I am explaining how you can get to 5-6 players though, one of them would be a player like Ødegaard also. Even Buendia would fit.

What I am talking about is where the money is being spent if you say you are in rebuild. Willian was never compatible with that.

Reactions: Kav

al-Ustaadh

Feel Niles not making it here is on Niles, tbh...if he focused on being a fullback for us, I feel he could make that position his own...Neslon I am unsure of, but least Arteta has allowed Saka and Emile to improve, you can't play them all.
From my reading Nelson doesnt have good football IQ or the off the ball work rate or some combination of the two. See Saka for the difference.

al-Ustaadh

Just to note also, I can “start” with anything I want. You don’t run this forum.

I am explaining how you can get to 5-6 players though, one of them would be a player like Ødegaard also. Even Buendia would fit.

What I am talking about is where the money is being spent if you say you are in rebuild. Willian was never compatible with that.
See other previous post.

Iceman10

Established Member
By the way, imagine saying 5-6 youth players in line-ups is “dumb” while forgetting Arsène Wenger went deep into Carling Cups with such line-ups? Not all those players were Saka and ESR quality. This is the first season in a long time that we aren’t even playing our reserve GK in the cup (EL) at this stage, even though I understand the stakes involved, but it shows a sort of extreme we are at right now.

Yes, there are some important matches where you have to go safer, but you can’t be doing that such a high % of matches when you say you are in rebuild. This isn’t a criticism aimed purely at Arteta. It is building on @American_Gooner comment about the root cause of much fan unrest at the moment.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Leno
Bellerin-Luiz-Gabriel-Tierney
Partey-Xhaka
Saka-Ødegaard-ESR
Auba
...this is probably our best team right now, nice mix of experience and youth in it...bar Niles for Bellerin, don't see how any other youth players improve that tbh...unsure if Willock and Partey can work together, feel it would make Thomas too defensive.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

this season and the next couple seasons Arteta gets is gonna be a fantastic case study.

Iceman10

Established Member
Leno
Bellerin-Luiz-Gabriel-Tierney
Partey-Xhaka
Saka-Ødegaard-ESR
Auba
...this is probably our best team right now, nice mix of experience and youth in it...bar Niles for Bellerin, don't see how any other youth players improve that tbh...unsure if Willock and Partey can work together, feel it would make Thomas too defensive.

That is about right although it doesn’t just have to be about “best team”. There would be calculations over Willock vs. Ceballos for example, not that Ceballos is old, but more that Ceballos isn’t necessarily a permanent player for us anyway.

When Holding plays you would like to see that more with Mari or Gabriel rather than Luiz, but only easier matches. The problem is even against Burnley we are playing safer line ups and not winning. Maybe if you give hungrier players a chance in matches such as against Burnley it might actually work out better as opposed to some players switching off.

al-Ustaadh

By the way, imagine saying 5-6 youth players in line-ups is “dumb” while forgetting Arsène Wenger went deep into Carling Cups with such line-ups? Not all those players were Saka and ESR quality. This is the first season in a long time that we aren’t even playing our reserve GK in the cup (EL) at this stage, even though I understand the stakes involved, but it shows a sort of extreme we are at right now.

Yes, there are some important matches where you have to go safer, but you can’t be doing that such a high % of matches when you say you are in rebuild. This isn’t a criticism aimed purely at Arteta. It is building on @American_Gooner comment about the root cause of much fan unrest at the moment.
The Carling Cup meant nothing to Wenger. That’s why he’d play all those youth players in it.

al-Ustaadh

and get praise/apologists on top of it.

All the players deemed not good enough for Arsenal in this period is gonna be the best bit. I don't think every youngster is going to make it obviously, but look at who's starting sometimes ffs :lol:
Yes, our squad is **** for the most part. Nearly half these players will be gone in a year’s time.

Goonger

Once everything is back to normal and the Emirates is full again I suspect it'll be the fans that ultimately get him sacked mate, although the board will have to have the balls to pull the trigger.

The fans for better or worse were the deciding factor in getting both Wenger and Emery sacked. Can see history repeating itself.

If we're still sitting 10th 6 months into next season it will be justifiable. However, I think we're at the start of an upward curve.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah knowing that we are finishing in mid table and that a very unlikely EL win is the only way to save out season kind of just sucked all the fun out. Don’t even really enjoy league wins cos what’s the point?
and get praise/apologists on top of it.

All the players deemed not good enough for Arsenal in this period is gonna be the best bit. I don't think every youngster is going to make it obviously, but look at who's starting sometimes ffs :lol:
You two are so choc full of bollocks at this point :rolleyes: What happened to the Pepe thread, is it locked or summin?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How is the EL win very unlikely though?

We beat City and the won the FA cup last season...but Sp**s and Ole scare you that much ffs :lol:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Have to pull you up on two things:

From my reading Nelson doesnt have good football IQ or the off the ball work rate or some combination of the two. See Saka for the difference.
Where's this come from? Nelson doesn't have good football IQ, excuse me? We've not honestly seen nearly enough of Nelson at this level to really judge. In fact from the little we've seen he actually seems to have the opposite problem, he's too reserved and makes too many sensible passes rather than expressing himself more.

Also what I have heard and Mutable has said is that Nelson was looking amazing at below senior team level.

Yes, our squad is **** for the most part. Nearly half these players will be gone in a year’s time.

Which leads me to this point, if the squad is sh!t for the most part and as we're probably not going anywhere fast this season why not at the very least try and integrate some of other the younger players?

You say Willian has turned it around...which I mean how can you say Nelson doesn't have good football IQ yet Willian makes a 1/2 decent pass yet he's turned it around? I digress.

But to me Willian hasn't done enough and isn't good enough to hog all of the time we should've invested to properly see if Nelson and Martinelli can contribute (tbh we know Martinelli can contribute, but he probably isn't good enough for Arteta's "system").

It's the same in other positions, AMN should've been given more time in CM, we should've seen Willock more, we should've seen Balogun more, I'm not an Nketiah fan but he's totally disappeared, wagwan with that?

Also I'll give you Guendouzi in regards to attitude, but I've never heard of any problems whilst Saliba was at the club, sure he has sounded disappointed in French interviews but hardly anything that warrants him being labelled as having a bad attitude and frankly can you blame him?

My ***** is 19, moved to a new country, a new club, experienced some major trauma, then had the manager use that trauma as some excuse to why he wasn't playing (when the player himself blatantly wanted to play) and his ass was either rooted to the bench or the stands for half a goddamn season at 19, this isn't FUT you can swap out players and forget about them, these players have their own goals half a year is a long time in terms of development to waste with no playing time at all.

I mean you're pulling out excuses left right and center for Arteta, I'd appreciate it if you were more honest about his shortcomings.....actually I don't care, you can think what you like but you do seem overly biased.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
How is the EL win very unlikely though?

We beat City and the won the FA cup last season...but Sp**s and Ole scare you that much ffs :lol:

Because in this competition you have to play more difficult games. We won the FA Cup beating man City and having a 50/50 game v Chelsea. Basically 2 one of games.

If we get passed Olympiakos we could face 2 games against United, Sp**s, Roma, AC Milan even Villareal who are playing well. You have to be consistent and control matches and kill games off. Then if we manage that face another 2 games. Etc. There's more room for error.

We NEED to win the EL while some of the above clubs will qualify to the CL via the league. Less pressure.

We see in the final against Chelsea there was so much pressure on us and 0 on them as they had qualified via the league. And the players couldn't handle it.

We seen with Wenger against Atletico Madrid the same.

Let's hope we can win it but it will be extremely difficult. Much more difficult than winning an FA Cup where we beat City in a 1 off game never to do it again in the league and we were helped significantly in the FA Cup by a second yellow for Kovacic that was never a yellow card.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom