• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
VERY good defensive performance from the back two and Ramranch.

HAVING SAID THAT, and I hate to pull a @Trilly here, I would love to know what our stats look like past 20 minutes of the first half.

We’ve gotten our goals, so it’s fine, but it *feels* like we’re not really creating much? It sort of looks dangerous because of the press, but after it dies off we look very much out of ideas.

We desperately need to stretch those 20 minutes into more consistent dominance throughout the half.
we were playing away against a team that bettered United 4-2.
It shows caracter and maturity to change opinion, dont be afraid of it.

this form, with the youngest team of the league:
1635600582525.png

MaraDon

If you can accept that we're never going to play the easy on the eye stuff many people expect from Arsenal then I think you've seen the blueprint of Arteta's idea of Arsenal over the last month or so. We where never associated with that attacking football until Wenger came anyway and won trophies under Graham by being primarily hard to beat and my god this is looking like a back 5 George would be proud of.

I'll find it hard to ever trust him after enduring what I'd call a wasted 2 years and I'm not even close to changing my opinion on him as a coach but if we're going to start grinding out results like this then I have to tip my hat to him. As long as Arsenal are winning at the end of the day that's all that matters to me.
IT would get with time, we needed results we are getting results.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Mikel, arriving and sorting this club out...

Big Nate

For those that said being able to defend well is easy, thats absolutely not true. Then using people like Pulis as a comparison when his teams conceded lots of goals anyway doesn't make any sense. Just give credit where its due, having the most clean sheets is great.

It is true though that being defensively solid and being able to score goals in the biggest challenge though, but you have to start with a solid defence. Arteta has transformed our defence from being a joke and comical to being one of the best in the league

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
VERY good defensive performance from the back two and Ramranch.

HAVING SAID THAT, and I hate to pull a @Trilly here, I would love to know what our stats look like past 20 minutes of the first half.

We’ve gotten our goals, so it’s fine, but it *feels* like we’re not really creating much? It sort of looks dangerous because of the press, but after it dies off we look very much out of ideas.

We desperately need to stretch those 20 minutes into more consistent dominance throughout the half.
You need to know we are playing in Leicester turf. We are leading by 2 goals. We aren't City/Chelsea/Liverpool level to keep dictating and attacking them.

I understand it's not a flashy win and all but i'd grab the 3 points against Leicester with 2 hands out

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Getting his line ups and subs spot on, I am a fan of this 4-4-2 as well we have the players for it. Well done Mikel.

Sorry to be a hater though, I am still not convinced by what I am seeing unfortunately. Strong individual performances still getting us over the line like last season and I still can’t see us scoring in open play. Maybe I am being harsh as Leicester aren’t bums.

ALL of the new signings including ODG look good to me though.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

For those that said being able to defend well is easy, thats absolutely not true. Then using people like Pulis as a comparison when his teams conceded lots of goals anyway doesn't make any sense. Just give credit where its due, having the most clean sheets is great.

It is true though that being defensively solid and being able to score goals in the biggest challenge though, but you have to start with a solid defence. Arteta has transformed our defence from being a joke and comical to being one of the best in the league
We conceded 13 in 10 games and 8 teams have conceded less. So he hasn’t made much difference. What he did was make us way worse and took us back to where we were. Again you can be passive for so long in matches

MaraDon

I don't think so personally on the evidence we've seen. As long as wet points in the bag though I don't think it really matters.
We have a very young team that needs time to gel and to build confidence, the quality is there. same with "dominating possession" drama that is being thrown, we were playing away from home against a very strong team, in any case, our willingness to sit back and give them the ball just shows how confident he is in our defensive skills and our overall balance.

believe in Mikel and the team, Europe is right around the corner.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No complaints from me. We’re in a top four race on paper now so our games finally mean something and I think that’s what a part of me has always wanted.

Still think we are getting extremely lucky up front (set piece and lucky bounces for both goals) though and are basically an expensive Burnley these days but we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

You need to know we are playing in Leicester turf. We are leading by 2 goals. We aren't City/Chelsea/Liverpool level to keep dictating and attacking them.

I understand it's not a flashy win and all but i'd grab the 3 points against Leicester with 2 hands out

Arsenal are gonna get Champions League this season, due to opponents just giving us the wins apparently and through no good work of our own...and I will love it :drool:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We have a very young team that needs time to gel and to build confidence, the quality is there. same with "dominating possession" drama that is being thrown, we were playing away from home against a very strong team, in any case, our willingness to sit back and give them the ball just shows how confident he is in our defensive skills and our overall balance.

believe in Mikel and the team, Europe is right around the corner.

Pretty much exactly what I'm saying. Early lead and we're quite confident that the opposition won't get through that back 5.

Kav

Established Member
Good win today and the team played well albeit defensively for the second half. Credit to Arteta on a good job. He needs to keep proving me wrong and show us he’s got what it takes to move us forward.

I liked how we played first half. The less said about the second half the better. Still we have moved up the table. Good job

Big Nate

We conceded 13 in 10 games and 8 teams have conceded less. So he hasn’t made much difference. What he did was make us way worse and took us back to where we were. Again you can be passive for so long in matches
The defending for large portions after we go ahead is an issue that has to be solved for sure I absolutely agree. The 13 in 10 games is not taking into account context and to think we dont have one of the best defences in the league for what is the second season now is incorrect.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom