• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Hmm but which recent posts (like last two pages) in this thread are being overly hateful of the fact that we are doing well recently?

I assume you're either referring to @jones which was obviously a joke.

Or you're referring to @Makingtrax maybe?

Or was this a general reference to Arsenal fans on social media? But then to be honest the fans on FB and ig seem pretty damn positive on the whole (going by the comments).

At this point, when people aren't joking, aren't most on Arteta's side on the whole?
I'll be honest I'm not on "Arteta's" side. I honestly would've been by now if he was just a **** manager who lucked out by having the dumbest superiors in the world and having enough money to spend to get a team that masks his deficiencies.

At the end of the day what do you want in an Arsenal manager? You want him to play attractive football, to be successful, to be a reasonable and humane bloke and to ideally not be a chequebook manager. We've just about cleared the first hurdle if we're being very generous, and even that's only after two years of sitting through agony. We're not successful in any way or form so far, we're spending on par with the biggest clubs in Europe when we're not even in any European competition and, worst of all for me, we have a manager whose treatment of his players is among the worst I've seen in over 20 years, let alone for a complete ****ing rookie.

None of that means I don't want Arsenal to be successful, that kind of logic was moronic back when people hoped we'd drop out of the CL spots so something would change at the helm ten years ago, it's even worse now. I'll celebrate any Arsenal win, doesn't mean I have to like the prick in charge.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

He could be a good manager one day, but for now Arteta is a politicking bastard and he will get his in time.

• Funny
Reactions: Kav

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I'll be honest I'm not on "Arteta's" side. I honestly would've been by now if he was just a **** manager who lucked out by having the dumbest superiors in the world and having enough money to spend to get a team that masks his deficiencies.

At the end of the day what do you want in an Arsenal manager? You want him to play attractive football, to be successful, to be a reasonable and humane bloke and to ideally not be a chequebook manager. We've just about cleared the first hurdle if we're being very generous, and even that's only after two years of sitting through agony. We're not successful in any way or form so far, we're spending on par with the biggest clubs in Europe when we're not even in any European competition and, worst of all for me, we have a manager whose treatment of his players is among the worst I've seen in over 20 years, let alone for a complete ****ing rookie.

None of that means I don't want Arsenal to be successful, that kind of logic was moronic back when people hoped we'd drop out of the CL spots so something would change at the helm ten years ago, it's even worse now. I'll celebrate any Arsenal win, doesn't mean I have to like the prick in charge.

That's fair enough.

To me (and I can only speak for myself), disliking the manager but wanting Arsenal to succeed aren't mutually exclusive.

I think it's possible to be both, some would argue it's all or nothing (pun not intended), but the world is not black and white like that to me.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

That's fair enough.

To me (and I can only speak for myself), disliking the manager but wanting Arsenal to succeed aren't mutually exclusive.

I think it's possible to be both, some would argue it's all or nothing (pun not intended), but the world is not black and white like that to me.
It’s perfectly fine to hope Arteta leads us to where we need to be, but hope he’s not here long term.

We openly do the same with many of the players, I don’t get why ones allowed and the other is not.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
It’s perfectly fine to hope Arteta leads us to where we need to be, but hope he’s not here long term.

We openly do the same with many of the players, I don’t get why ones allowed and the other is not.
You regularly confuse debating what is a sound and well-reasoned opinion with debating what opinions we are allowed to hold. I've never seen a post from either side that attempts to try to police what opinions we are allowed to hold. The reason you have a debate here is because other people think you're talking garbage and you have it out.

Imo, if a manager came in in 2019 and didn't piss many of you off he wouldn't have been doing his job properly. We were full of free loaders, disruptive elements and a malaise that likely effected the good apples too. When a system's full of comfortable people who are set in their ways you have to piss a few off to get real change and you lot are just a reflection of that as far as I'm concerned.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I've never seen a post from either side that attempts to try to police what opinions we are allowed to hold.
Claims to never have seen opinion police.

Imo, if a manager came in in 2019 and didn't piss many of you off he wouldn't have been doing his job properly. We were full of free loaders, disruptive elements and a malaise that likely effected the good apples too. When a system's full of comfortable people who are set in their ways you have to piss a few off to get real change and you lot are just a reflection of that as far as I'm concerned.

Then proceeds to tell me how I should view Arteta's tenure here.

Thank you Arsenal-Mania.

samspade

At the end of the day what do you want in an Arsenal manager? You want him to play attractive football, to be successful, to be a reasonable and humane bloke and to ideally not be a chequebook manager.
You breeze through this list like it's child's play when these are actually unicorn standards. He's two and a half years into his managerial career and had to deal with absurdly difficult circumstances, as a fan base we should more patient and willing to give young people a chance to learn and show us what they are about. Øde has taught me that goes for me too.

All accounts of him from people who have worked with him are good.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Hmm but which recent posts (like last two pages) in this thread are being overly hateful of the fact that we are doing well recently?

I assume you're either referring to @jones which was obviously a joke.

Or you're referring to @Makingtrax maybe?

Or was this a general reference to Arsenal fans on social media? But then to be honest the fans on FB and ig seem pretty damn positive on the whole (going by the comments).

At this point, when people aren't joking, aren't most on Arteta's side on the whole?

I was aware @jones was having a laugh. I found it amusing.

@Makingtrax blames Arsenal fans for Arsène getting sacked and wants them to be punished for it. No-one would hate it more than him if Arsenal gets back to some form of success as he'll view it as some sort of threat to Arsène's legacy. That's why he has to put all these little digs in about Arteta potentially getting top 4 when on the surface level he's giving a compliment. Arsène did it on a 3p budget, it will only count if he does it for multiple years etc. Honestly it's beyond tedious at this point.

My point was wider than this forum. It seems to me there is a real resentment among a fairly sizeable minority of Arsenal fans online towards Arteta and not just as a manager but as a personality.

Yet I talk to Arsenal fans in real life and I don't hear any of this stuff. The vast majority of Arsenal fans I know in real life are positive about Arsenal for the first time in a while and think Arteta is doing fairly well.

It's true of the match going fans as well. The Emirates crowd have really got behind the players this season, it's been rocking at times. There's obviously a bond there between the manager / players and the fans

It's just odd to me why online generally it's so different. If a fan of another club read Arsenal fans online opinions or social media stuff they'd think we are lunatics for complaining so much about a manager who is objectively doing an above average job this season.

I get it managers are going to get personal stick, it's not right but it happens, but it's generally when they're either stagnating like Arsène or underperforming like Unai. Arteta's getting it while he's doing a good job.

Last edited:

samspade

Then proceeds to tell me how I should view Arteta's tenure here.
Where did I do that? I said I think the manager coming in and doing his job properly would always have meant you'd be pissed off. I'm beginning to doubt your critical faculties.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tbh I’m a simple man. Life is full of boring, dull sh-te to bring you down as is.

I can’t get in the headspace of not being able to enjoy Arsenal winning because I don’t like our manager. It’s a zero sum game for me.

I’m only happy if the results are coming, don’t give a toss how we get them.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Yet I talk to Arsenal fans in real life and I don't hear any of this stuff. The vast majority of Arsenal fans I know in real life are positive about Arsenal for the first time in a while and think Arteta is doing fairly well.
Depends on who you speak to, cause I personally know a lot of people that found the Auba thing extremely neeky for example.

More neutrals like Arteta and envy his cutthroat approach for their own club, which is interesting.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@Makingtrax blames Arsenal fans for Arsène getting sacked and wants them to be punished for it. No-one would hate it more than him if Arsenal gets back to some form of success as he'll view it as some sort of threat to Arsène's legacy. That's why he has to put all these little digs in about Arteta potentially getting top 4 when on the surface level he's giving a compliment. Arsène did it on a 3p budget, it will only count if he does it for multiple years etc. Honestly it's beyond tedious at this point.

My point was wider than this forum. It seems to me there is a real resentment among a fairly sizeable minority of Arsenal fans online towards Arteta and not just as a manager but as a personality.

It's true of the match going fans as well. The Emirates crowd have really got behind the players this season, it's been rocking at times. There's obviously a bond there between the manager / players and the club.

It's just odd to me why online generally it's so different. If a fan of another club read Arsenal fans online opinions or social media stuff they'd think we are lunatics for complaining so much about a manager who is objectively doing an above average job this season.

Think we found our next Dusted section beef 😍

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Depends on who you speak to, cause I personally know a lot of people that found the Auba thing extremely neeky for example.

More neutrals like Arteta and envy his cutthroat approach for their own club, which is interesting.

Yeah, I agree on that point. I'd say a majority of Arsenal fans I know viewed Arteta in a negative light over the Auba situation which I think is fair and warranted.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I can’t get in the headspace of not being able to enjoy Arsenal winning because I don’t like our manager. It’s a zero sum game for me.
I can't get into the headspace of those who don't understand that there are many who absolutely love the squad and the ball, but are not crazy about the manager :lol:

Works both ways despite how many trying to frame it.

:lol:

@GDeep™ covering all bases

slate deal with it GIF

Tbf GDeep has many younger brothers. Or he is the guy in the Split?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I can't get into the headspace of those who don't understand that there are many who absolutely love the squad and the ball, but are not crazy about the manager :lol:

Works both ways despite how many trying to frame it.

Yeah that’s fair.

For me the less I’ve read about the behind the scenes stuff has improved my mood.

I don’t want to see how the sausage is made anymore because it ain’t pretty.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Tuchel is ugly but at least he's not a midget.

Has been living in England for 20 years and still has that massively nasal Spanish accent, embarrassing to be honest.
Spoken like a true German, afd voter!

samspade

It's true of the match going fans as well. The Emirates crowd have really got behind the players this season, it's been rocking at times. There's obviously a bond there between the manager / players and the club.

I get it managers are going to get personal stick, it's not right but it happens, but it's generally when they're either stagnating like Arsène or underperforming like Unai. Arteta's getting it while he's doing a good job.
The trouble with this stuff is it's never said directly but after a certain amount of double speak you build up an impression of what someone's underlying motivations are but never have a direct line to them. My personal opinion is that much of the out crowd behave in this way, I don't think they spend much time discussing pertinent issues or, crucially, the future. The future is always the most important.

I think the amount of times a poster mentions that Arteta is lucky gives some insight into an internal conflict between the poster having previously made their mind up that the manager's no good but now having information to the contrary to deal with. Arteta was lucky that we gave him the chances we did in the context of modern football management, but I believe it was the correct decision and should serve as an example to everyone that sometimes people deserve that trust. He's in the process of proving that he deserved that time because his ideas were good. Now we deserve some loyalty back and hopefully it will become clear that we are ourselves lucky to have his skills on board.

• Red card
Reactions: Kav

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can you really like a team, without liking the manager?

The squad has been built specifically by Arteta, it's HIS team...I would find it very hard to want the team to do well, if I didn't like the coach.

Like if Mourinho was our manager, that would be awful for me...he would use any success here, to have a dig at Arsène in some way...**** that :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom