• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Fighting Until The End

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wenger's last season at Arsenal...

Finished in the Top 6
Semi finals of the Europa
League Cup final
Community Shield win

...The Athletic wouldn't shut up about it, if that happened now :lol:

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Tbh this about losing culture is right on the money. I’ve been saying we have had a loser culture for a very long time
I agree there’s definitely an acceptance of mediocrity issue at the club. However the way things get better is by signing better players instead of relying on kids and sacking a manager that’s on course for 3x mediocre finishes…it’s really that simple. hiring people to tell you “yep I can confirm you’re **** and it’s effecting the culture” doesn’t solve anything 😂

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Are you saying culture hasn't been an issue for years and it's just the media telling us it is?

Yep.

Can you even define "culture" as it pertains to Arsenal? Diversity? Community spirit? Entertaining attacking football? Top 4 club? Class? Loyalty to employees?

Arsenal never had a culture problem. They had a clueless, rapacious, non-football agenda driven owner problem, and still do.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Yep.

Can you even define "culture" as it pertains to Arsenal? Diversity? Community spirit? Top 4 club? Class? Loyalty to employees?

Arsenal never had a culture problem. They had a clueless, rapacious, non-football agenda driven owner problem, and still do.

Will that affect culture?

Kav

Established Member
Tbh this about losing culture is right on the money. I’ve been saying we have had a loser culture for a very long time

People make up culture. They set the values and standards at the club. However if the people are replaced by new ones who are not integrated in the previous norms then you can’t have any continuation of social or cultural norms.

in short culture isn’t the problem. The playing and coaching staff are entirely new save and except for Xhaka, elneny, Lacazette and holding. This is not a cultural issue so stop peddling this nonsense.

This is about accountability or in Arteta’s case the avoidance of it.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Aubameyang was paid 7m to leave so that we can pay a consultancy firm to fluff their lines instead of him.

This club is a meme. Even Gazidis knew people took the piss out of his PowerPoint presentations, so he joked about it.

This lot trully believe this.

The only culture that matters in football for an elite club is winning games.

We need to Stop trying to emulate Wenger and catch lightning in a bottle twice.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Will that affect culture?

For years its only effect has been in impeding the strive for true excellence, but that's only because the club was able to remain financially self sustaining by limiting spending and maintaining Top 4 under Wenger.
Now that that's no longer the case, the owners have had to interfere and the Arsenal Culture that was never a problem before is dying under the influence of bottom dwelling worms like Arteta & Edu with the auspices of toady Vinai and bumbling brat Josh.

El Duderino

For years its only effect has been in impeding the strive for true excellence, but that's only because the club was able to remain financially self sustaining by limiting spending and maintaining Top 4 under Wenger.
Now that that's no longer the case, the owners have had to interfere and the Arsenal Culture that was never a problem before is dying under the influence of bottom dwelling worms like Arteta & Edu with the auspices of toady Vinai and bumbling brat Josh.

Hey, Vinai is bumbling too.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Hmmmmm, don't agree entirely but I do get where you're coming from. We'll end up going around in circles and I want you to enjoy your Monday rather than arguing with someone you hate on an internet forum.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Quite the harsh take on worms seeing as they're the ones who'll turn Arteta into fertilizer one day.

They're the heroes we don't deserve :lol:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yep.

Can you even define "culture" as it pertains to Arsenal? Diversity? Community spirit? Top 4 club? Class? Loyalty to employees?

Yeah I've come to agree with this point of view but it's taken me a while to get here (I'm a bit slow sorry).

I think part of the issue is that I, and fans in general were brainwashed by the media constantly telling us that Wenger had a culture problem, culture this, culture that.

But the truth is that there wasn't really this deep rooted cultural problem, it's easier than that; if you employ the best staff and have the best players you're probably going to win more often than not; Manchester City, Chelsea, PSG, Bayern Munich.

If Wenger had the best players he'd have won the league way more often and I definitely believe he'd have won the CL atleast once.

Let me also add, I'm not saying everything Wenger did was perfect but there's this idea that the club had been ruined by Wenger (by the end of his tenure) and that there was some kind of rot that needed to be rooted out but that's just not true.

Then you have situations where if you have a lot of money but you don't employ the best staff and/or players you end up with something like Manchester United, but that is a personnel issue in my head, rather than a culture issue.

Every once in a while an individual comes that transcends the level of your club; Klopp.

Right now it's clear to me that the problem isn't culture, it's that our manager hasn't fostered a good enough attack after 2+ years, we are not creating enough chances to consistently put teams away. Open and close.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
This should be a win-win scenario end of season for me.

We make top 4 - I'm a happy Gooner.

We slip out - Arteta has to be fired. I'm sorry, but I do not see how Kroenke will get past this fvck up.
There is no excuses even with Partey & Tierney out. We lost 3 winnable matches in a row in a crucial stage of the season. Probably will be more.

There is no chance we let a manager go into final year of his contract either. I can't see how can justify a renewal unless he makes top 4 either.

El Duderino

This should be a win-win scenario end of season for me.

We make top 4 - I'm a happy Gooner.

We slip out - Arteta has to be fired. I'm sorry, but I do not see how Kroenke will get past this fvck up.
There is no excuses even with Partey & Tierney out. We lost 3 winnable matches in a row in a crucial stage of the season. Probably will be more.

There is no chance we let a manager go into final year of his contract either. I can't see how can justify a renewal unless he makes top 4 either.

He's getting renewed, we all know that.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom