• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don't think there's a standout choice for manager of the season.

I suspect it'll probably go to whichever of Pep and Klopp win the league. I'm not saying that would be a poor choice but In neither case could you say they massively overachieved though.

Then you've got Arteta who if we finish 4th has overachieved quite significantly I think. But then is that more based on lowered expectations after underachieving in the league the previous 2 years and virtually everyone strongly underestimating the quality of our ( big spend) summer signings?

Howe spent a lot of money in January but he's performed fantastically but can you give manager of the season based on half a season? I'd say that's dubious.

Tbh through gritted teeth it should be Eddie Howe.

They were dead and buried ffs 😭

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

I think if Howe had been there all season and had Newcastle in 6th or something he'd be a cert for it.

It's just the time he's been there that puts me off him getting the award.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think if Howe had been there all season and had Newcastle in 6th or something he'd be a cert for it.

It's just the time he's been there that puts me off him getting the award.
Clearly a cheque book manager though with their January window, eh? :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Manager of the Year should be...Klopp if he wins the league, if that doesn't happen then Arteta if he gets us 4th, if that doesn't happen then Eddie for saving Newcastle.

It's just based on league form remember, so even if Moyes when the Europa, that won't be brought into consideration.

Will probably go to Baldy at City though.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I've been ripping the piss out of Howe for being the archetypical EPL ***** on the market, some of the transfers Bournemouth made were downright criminal. Been ages since Bournemouth looked any good too, but the way he's transformed Newcastle is impressive.

Still, no way anyone bar Klopp or Guardiola deserve it.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Manager of the Year should be...Klopp if he wins the league, if that doesn't happen then Arteta if he gets us 4th, if that doesn't happen then Eddie for saving Newcastle.

It's just based on league form remember, so even if Moyes when the Europa, that won't be brought into consideration.

Will probably go to Baldy at City though.
4th is not achievement for Arteta when you have his budget. However, if a smaller team got 4th like West Ham. Wolves, or Leciester...than that's a coaching achievement.

We can get 4th due to our talent alone.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We really need to do something about @A__G twitter addiction.

I can see us setting an intervention up and him already being there in the room before us, sitting in the dark waiting for the lights to come on and show our hot takes printed and pasted to the wall.

As we sit on the semi circular set chairs, he lifts up an iPad to show the following tweet:

• Pray
Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Is this a real story? If so, that's pretty crazy.
At the age of two, Mikel was diagnosed with a life-threatening heart condition. His heart failed to produce enough clean blood to supply his major organs, which resulted in the young Spaniard having to undergo open heart surgery to attempt to repair the defect. Following the procedure, doctors informed Arteta’s parents that he would be unable to take part in sports due to his condition.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

4th is not achievement for Arteta when you have his budget. However, if a smaller team got 4th like West Ham. Wolves, or Leciester...than that's a coaching achievement.

We can get 4th due to our talent alone.
And having no European football and getting out of the cups early.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
DyPlSV9.png

His fans are such a massive part of why I hate his guts

Kav

Established Member
I was being sarcastic about manager of the year.

But the consensus after the window was we’re in for a dreadful season because our squad is worse than the previous season. Don’t tell me it’s not even remotely true when I was reading it on this forum all summer.
I’m not saying that those words were said but I don’t recall the consensus being that were in for a dreadful season. I recall the general feeling after the closure of the summer window was that our summer business meant that we would need time. However I think most expected a top 6 challenge as it was recognized that another 8 th place wasn’t good enough.

In that respect Arteta has delivered. Is he truly ahead of schedule, what are your thoughts?

If he finishes 4/5 do we see this as improvement?

It’s obviously an improvement in terms of league standing but I’m referring to things like style of play. Offensive stats. Defensive stats. Are we better than we were last season?

In some ways yes. In some ways things are the same. Thoughts?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I’m not saying that those words were said but I don’t recall the consensus being that were in for a dreadful season. I recall the general feeling after the closure of the summer window was that our summer business meant that we would need time. However I think most expected a top 6 challenge as it was recognized that another 8 th place wasn’t good enough.

In that respect Arteta has delivered. Is he truly ahead of schedule, what are your thoughts?

If he finishes 4/5 do we see this as improvement?

It’s obviously an improvement in terms of league standing but I’m referring to things like style of play. Offensive stats. Defensive stats. Are we better than we were last season?

In some ways yes. In some ways things are the same. Thoughts?
So our goals were reset because of previous bad performances of Arteta. This confirms everything we said. When Arteta took over he downplayed the quality of the team and overplayed the problems. So he reset the whole expectations and basically made it seem we were years from top 4. In reality he took over a team that finished 5th a point of 4th and reached Europa league finals. That team despite collapsing reached 70 points. Emery basically got sacked for that collapse because the team was better than that

Last season we finished 8th. When the season started were we saying we are 8th to 10th level and Arteta finishing 8th he did well? This has always been my problem with his cult. Judging Arteta starts from when we were 16th and people talked about relegation. So Arteta took us from there to where we are now

In the real world Arteta took us to 16th, not take over from 16th. He did such a bad job for a period of time he completely changed our whole view now decent is seen as very good because he normalised lowering standards and expectations

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom