• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You accused of others of something and then did the same yourself. First accuse others, and then when you do it, it's of course not the same thing and totally innocent. Funny stuff, almost like a joke.
Come on mate, even you must know that was a gentle wind up. :lol:

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
It's in the link I showed on the last page. You have also already been shown the spend compared to other EPL top clubs, but you only insist on repeating that Arteta has spent big and can't see anything else.

You also haven't commented on his spend in his first three windows vs. one summer window a year ago with almost equal spend, so it's natural we will see the results only now. You always talk only about total spend like these last two bigger spending windows should have helped with results in his first part as a manager here. :lol:

I also back Arsenal, and have many times said that Arteta should go if there is no improvement at a certain point.

What's funny is that you want Arteta out if he doesn't win the title, so you would have wanted Wenger also out way before he did, because he didn't win a title anymore, or UCL. But from your words it seems like you didn't want him out even when he did go. That's double standards.

But yeah, back to ignore soon, you're in the mud so badly over these past days, that this arguing with you is becoming too dirty business for me. It was fun while it lasted.
If you want to ignore me feel free don’t be passive aggressive like fellow sexual @DJ_Markstar, it isn’t a pleasure reading your long Athletic style whitewashing of the mistakes of Arteta for me either. I have no double standards and no lies, Arteta has underperformed. Funny you claim I don’t see big picture but this is year 3 no more rookie mistakes. You said we should challenge in 3 years, not win the title but just challenge 6 F…ing years into the project. I mean he only has to contend in 3 years for you, 6 years into the job and you are just peachy keen with that. After he has had 3 years; just contend, not actually win.

In short under your Stalinist 6 year plan for mere contention my grandma Nan could win a mere FA cup. Be number 2 in transfers behind city, virtually tied for 5th in wages with a young squad and no CL; and then you get 6 years just to contend not to actually win mind you but just worry the eventual winners. I mean jeez the Process moves at the speed old people F each other, is he building the Great Wall or growing a redwood tree to maturity in football 6 seasons is eternity for just mattering, not being champions but just mattering in the title picture is unheard of.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
@Blood on the Tracks I think you got mail you know

He's not even twisting my words here. It's just flat out Trumpian lying at this stage :lol:

I never said that Arsène didn't make the Graham defence all round better footballers or he doesn't deserve credit. What he didn't do is teach them how to defend better. Even Arsène's said that.

He made them much more professional off field and put faith in them that they could be more than flat out defenders which is why the Adams goal against Everton where he was put through by Bould in 97/98 is so iconic. It was the perfect embodiment of the meshing off the old school Graham defence and Arsène's more progressive approach.

And yeah, every manager inherits good players. For example Arteta and Auba. I think you could make a pretty compelling argument that Auba's contribution to the FA Cup win may well have kept Arteta in a job during that horrible Christmas time spell 6 months or so after.

It's weird, he's totally intolerant of giving Graham any credit for anything good Arsène inherited but he wants Arsène to get all the credit for any player Arteta inherited from his regime.

I guess that's what happens when you focus almost solely on an ex manager who hasn't been here for years and years rather than the club currently. It's just about living in the past and reopening old wounds at this point and I'm stupid enough to fall for the bait.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Come on mate, even you must know that was a gentle wind up. :lol:
Sure, well hopefully you now realize by your own deeds, how everything posted is not to put Arsène down.

It's understandable you think it is, because in your life everything is about Arsène. You likely have Arsène's face in your pillows and cry yourself to sleep every night thinking you're next to him.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Basically @samspade @SA Gunner @say sorry @Jayramfootball @drippin @grange @AbouCuéllar.

All the posters who pretend to have “football knowledge”

Thanks for the honest post Nacho. Wish more posters would be honest like you.

The **** you on about?

Do any of these posters you mention make up the metrics that they put forward on this forum as drivers of their arguments?

If you dont want to accept it, that's fine, that's your thing, no one can force you to accept anything you dont want. Just dont be tagging and dragging names because it hurts your feelings.

Either engage or get the **** outta New York.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

He's not even twisting my words here. It's just flat out Trumpian lying at this stage :lol:

I never said that Arsène didn't make the Graham defence all round better footballers or he doesn't deserve credit. What he didn't do is teach them how to defend better. Even Arsène's said that.

He made them much more professional off field and put faith in them that they could be more than flat out defenders which is why the Adams goal against Everton where he was put through by Bould in 97/98 is so iconic. It was the perfect embodiment of the meshing off the old school Graham defence and Arsène's more progressive approach.

And yeah, every manager inherits good players. For example Arteta and Auba. I think you could make a pretty compelling argument that Auba's contribution to the FA Cup win may well have kept Arteta in a job during that horrible Christmas time spell 6 months or so after.

It's weird, he's totally intolerant of giving Graham any credit for anything good Arsène inherited but he wants Arsène to get all the credit for any player Arteta inherited from his regime.

I guess that's what happens when you focus almost solely on an ex manager who hasn't been here for years and years rather than the club currently. It's just about living in the past and reopening old wounds at this point and I'm stupid enough to fall for the bait.

I agree with you tbh, nothing wrong with inheriting good players and making the most of them.

I actually got annoyed at Arteta for not doing it a bit more, but for him mindset is #1 so Xhaka, Tierney etc surviving for example makes sense.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

To me I think it's clear Arteta came into do a rebuild and from Edu's words I don't think the youth angle was necessarily Arteta's idea. The players he preferred when he first joined were Willian and Jorginho (reportedly), solid pros with solid technique. This is further evidenced with his Lacazette and Xhaka selections over the years, his crutches essentially. Pepe was picked ahead of Saka in the FA Cup finals.

My only and main argument is I wouldn't have gotten Arteta to do this job, but he's grown to it and I think he's seen the benefits of working with younger players in terms of instilling his ideas and the leeway afforded.

Instead of the regurgitated 2-3-5 tifo type nonsense I'd love an article or documentary detailing the stuff we've seen him learn in real time over the years. The profile of his ideal striker has 100% changed from when he's first showed up for example.

Interesting.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White

It’s weird. I genuinely read @Makingtrax post that and thought he was sorta attempting to (almost) make up / draw a line under it by having a laugh. Others clearly do not share that view… @Makingtrax explain yourself!

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It’s weird. I genuinely read @Makingtrax post that and thought he was sorta attempting to (almost) make up / draw a line under it by having a laugh. Others clearly do not share that view… @Makingtrax explain yourself!

If it was a joke then I retract what I said.

Just saw I got tagged in a post. I didn't look into the context of it.

say yes

forum master baiter
:lol::lol:

A-M speak for I am completely and utterly on Arteta's d*ck but want to pretend otherwise

We reminisce on absolute nobodies associated with the club all the time, Arteta is the most polarizing figurehead at the club since Wenger.
Tell me you don't go to games without telling me you don't go to games.

Arteta isn't a polarising figure at all. The match-going fans are 100% behind him, and the atmosphere around the club is the best it has been since we moved to the Emirates.

Might appear otherwise to those whose entire Arsenal existence is retweeting meme accounts on forums like this/twitter (platforms that thrive off division and 'easy' takes). But you don't have to spend too long in the real world to recognise how misguided the consensus position on here has been.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Basically @samspade @SA Gunner @say sorry @Jayramfootball @drippin @grange @AbouCuéllar.

All the posters who pretend to have “football knowledge”

Thanks for the honest post Nacho. Wish more posters would be honest like you.
200.gif

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You can’t make jokes with Arteta stans, there’re deadly serious and want to turn everything into combat zone.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If it was a joke then I retract what I said.

Just saw I got tagged in a post. I didn't look into the context of it.
Of course it was a joke, you don’t honestly believe I’d say Arteta owes his success to a former manager, that’s a stupid thing to say. They’re all club players and each manager comes in and moulds them into his style of play and from then on they’ve got nothing to do with the previous manager. Can’t imagine anybody posting that stuff in all seriousness unless they were just trolling to get a reaction. :lol:

D

Deleted member 102404

Arteta would have gone if that really bad run had continued in the Autumn 2020. But the Willian injury and ESR coming in turned that attack around and saved his skin. Saka maintaining form too and Xhaka a constant in midfield. Think it’s only fair to say that Arteta‘s clearly only here to build his success on the back of Wenger players. 100%. And it’s not taking anything away from him, just a fact. :lol:

Hmm, perhaps use the foundations of some super young talent that came through whilst Wenger was still here is fair, but the building has been very much architected by Edu and Arteta with a slew of signings over the last 2 seasons.

Oh I just read read further down:lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Of course it was a joke, you don’t honestly believe I’d say Arteta owes his success to a former manager, that’s a stupid thing to say. They’re all club players and each manager comes in and moulds them into his style of play and from then on they’ve got nothing to do with the previous manager. Can’t imagine anybody posting that stuff in all seriousness unless they were just trolling to get a reaction. :lol:
No sane fan would attribute Arteta's success to the previous manager, especially when he had to spend a king's ransome bolster the squad. Of course he's bound to be be successful.

But my gripe has always been that when a player play poorly he's suddenly a Wenger or Emery signing but if the player plays well the narrative is that "Arteta is has transformed him"

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom