• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I can say Rodgers at 2nd half successfully beat mikel the 1st half we were better and if our player were more clinical the game could been different

Camus

Trusted ⭐
He's more Moyes than Wenger or Pep because his mentality is to constantly micro-manage and fight fires/solve problems. He doesn't seem like he has an overarching playing philosophy that he wants to develop (beyond playing out for the back). He recognises problems and then tries to find solutions for them.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Lots of teams are crowding out the center of the pitch and closing down in numbers when opposition get the ball in space on the wings and then force turnovers to break. Perfect example was the Man Utd-Chelsea game last night. Which is why we're seeing so many games with xG below 1. Leicester got lucky in the 1st half when they didn't stop crosses from the wide areas in the 1st half. But they wised up in the 2nd half and stifled us.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I mean let's not get carried away about wise old Brendan. We had a legitimate goal disallowed and had we scored one or two more of our chances first half he'd have been battered.

It wasn't a stroke of genius or anything, I just think his entire game-plan was keep it 0-0 by plugging a lot of gaps in a deep block, introduce Vardy and nick a goal. And it worked. While we never seemed to fussed about the possibility of a Leicester threat and as the game progressed we slacked off defensively in search of a goal.

Whickham

Arteta has turned us into one of the most boring teams in the epl, we look clueless in attack and play dry football, where has the attractive football gone that we have become synergic with?, we know Arteta is an inexperienced manager and he will make a lot of poor decisions in his learning curve, It's a good thing how he has improved the defence and we also don’t have a nucleus to build around. we are too relying Saka and Luiz as our chance creators, and there's no plan B implemented in our system, stop playing Aubameyang on the wing and bring back Özil because our squad is screaming for some creativity.

Manberg

Predator
Wait a minute, Arteta needs a better striker than a guy who has scored 25+ goals in each of the last 5 seasons?

He’s not been performing anywhere near as well since signing his contract. Most of his goals came from him playing on the left too. Makes anyone wonder.
But I was particularly talking about Lacazette and Pepe. They’ve not justified their price tags.

blaze_of_glory

I wonder if he'll try Saka in the midfield to try to get someone on the ball in between the lines. We're missing that link to the forwards badly, we end up going wide every time.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Expect of the Laca chance we haven't had really a big chance in the first half and even with this chance, most of our "chances" were due to crossing from Tierney.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Started off saying the right things and being semi-transparent and willing to try different thing's, but since his title change has become cagey and very defensive of the club and the players,

He seems over reliant on the usual suspects who fail this club over and over again, Set's up his teams to primarily defend, still no real identity on how we play,

I believe Arteta is just a fall guy for the clubs "board" ie the Kroenke's to hide behind, quite a vindictive tactic by Vinai and co. when you think about it, they knew getting Arteta in charge would provide some impetus and a familiar face to get the fans behind, harder to turn on when $hit hits the fan.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's more Moyes than Wenger or Pep because his mentality is to constantly micro-manage and fight fires/solve problems. He doesn't seem like he has an overarching playing philosophy that he wants to develop (beyond playing out for the back). He recognises problems and then tries to find solutions for them.

The thing that worries me is this. We haven't looked good once this season and I'm not really sure what our style is. He needs to establish it quickly with this new formation.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
After the poor performances and results against City/Brighton back to back after the restart, Arteta bounced back really well. I expect the same thing to happen here.

He's a victim of his own success to some extent, winning the FA Cup raised expectations even though this team is still far from the finished article.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I wonder if he'll try Saka in the midfield to try to get someone on the ball in between the lines. We're missing that link to the forwards badly, we end up going wide every time.
I feel a lot of teams are doing that cause they don't want to lose the ball in the central areas. Even City were doing it a lot against West Ham. Unless you have really secure players who's got great awareness and can turn on a dime and keep the ball under pressure, coaches will always go for the safer option and build from the wide areas.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

A-M told me this was the perfect midfield because it's a LIDL version of Klopp's Liverpool and that creative midfielders are actually overrated, and even tho Thomas never left his own half at Atletico, he's apparently capable of playing between the lines.
This forum seems to be obsessed that we’re going down the Liverpool route when it’s not looking very likely

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom