• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This. Is. Not. Good

Also vindicates auba from the annoying, if predictable hoard that have started to question his commitment/output post-contact renewal

Also interesting to note that Arteta abandoned his entire philosophy of playing out from the back at all times like vs City, United and Liverpool only to come up against Leeds and be scared of doing it.

It's almost as if he said, right we are going to play Auba up top and devise a strategy to make him look bad. Let's kick it long to Auba and Pepe. Ridiculous.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Just saw this. This is Emery level bullshit being uttered by this man to justify his poor approach and mismanagement.

I am not sure what to make of Arteta and I fully expected some mediocre results if they appointed him. I, however, expected that he would try to steady the ship and so far, I can't really say he has done that.

Although I can't really say he is finished here, he has to show a particular style of football that is reminiscent of the Arsenal way and I am sure fewer fans would be off his back if he did that.

Right now it's all tumbling down fast and unfortunately, it's probably going to get worse. I suggest you guys brace yourselves; it's gonna get ugly.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
So he switched to a back 4, started Auba central, started Pepe and Willock, basically did everything people were demanding of him and it still didnt work out creatively. When are we going to really start putting pressure on the players? Cant really blame him for this game (except starting Willian) given the players he had to work with in the middle. I think its a different game with Elneny/Partey rather than Xhaka/Ceballos.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Just saw this. This is Emery level bullshit being uttered by this man to justify his poor approach and mismanagement.

Very worrying comments. Arteta looks to be using Pepe red card as an excuse. That's not good news at all. We were clearly the second best team in that game before Pepe got the red card. And this is not just about Leed game. Our chance creation has been crap all season

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Makes me laugh reading Klopp this, Klopp that, if only we’d got Klopp. Like school kid stuff.

Klopp is not a saviour and is only as good as his team. The reason that Liverpool is so good is because the squad is top notch. A) They’ve spent more money on it, thanks to some great business by the transfer team and B) their squad is much better and stronger in depth. They’re bringing on Milner, Shaqiri, Keita seasoned pros, not Willock and Niketiah

Klopp would be nowhere top 4 with Mustafi, Xhaka, Kolasinac, Mari, Cedric, Lacazette and the Chelsea rejects. He’d be tearing his hair out.

No-ones saying Klopp is a saviour. He is an undisputedly elite manager though.

The team / squad Klopp inherited at Liverpool was far from top class. His first starting eleven had Mignolet, Can, Clyne, Leiva, Sakho, Moreno in it. On the bench were Adam Bogdan, Kolo Toure, Joe Allen, Jerome Sinclair, Joao Carlos Texiera and Connor Randall. He'd be nowhere near top 4 with those players either. It was arguably worse than our squad at the time.

Your using arguments that show Klopps greatness as a manager to somehow say that he wouldn't have been as good here.

No **** he wouldn't win the League with Mustafi, Xhaka, Kolasinac, Mari, Cedric, Lacazette and the Chelsea rejects as you put it, in it the same way he didn't win the league with Mignolet, Can, Clyne, Leiva, Sakho, Moreno in it. Bet he was tearing his hair out coaching them too. But he improved the team / squad over 2-3 years, then he won stuff.

Yeah, Liverpool have a great squad that enables them to have players like Shaqiri and Keita on the bench. I'm pretty sure Klopp had some imput on those signings too.

''Klopps only as good as his team'' okay, I agree. He did create the current Liverpool squad by and large and they're winners.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCB

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Klopp took over a Liverpool team that was well below us in the league and with a much worse team, and turned them into PL/CL champions while spending less than we have over the last few years. That’s how good he is crazy to suggest otherwise. Liverpool’s success would have been ours if he signed for Arsenal.

Reactions: JCB

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No matter what your thoughts are on Arteta or Pepe, I think its really bad that Arteta threw him under the bus. I know what he did was stupid despite him just being too fired up but a manager is meant to take the heat off you...

I'm sure a speech analyst would be able to tell you that Arteta clearly tried to bring attention to Pepe in his interview. Instead of saying "we did well considering we had a man sent off" he mentions Pepe's actual name and proceeds to talk about him and his actions for the rest of the interview. I dont like this for two reasons:

1. A player who is lacking confidence (mainly because of his lack of gametime which comes from the manager) needs to be sheltered in a situation like this. You can deal with it internally but you dont need to expose him publicly, it comes off as Arteta feeling vindicated after Pepe came out and said he needs more gametime.

2. Even if you forget the particular player, throwing any player under the bus rather than reflect on your own performances shows a lot of weakness. He tried to gloss over the performance and act like we were on track to win the game or create chances if we kept 11 men but thats far from the truth. He needs to stop lying to himself and to the press, people can see with their eyes if we are playing badly.

I think Arteta needs to keep playing Auba up top and persist with the 433. Willock was so dissapointing but I wouldnt mind Saka or ESR in the midfield. Partey to replace Xhaka for some dynamism and I feel like this is our system we just need to get used to, the shape fits all our best players on the pitch. I'm just frustrated Pepe didnt prove himself or at least give a solid game. He was working hard but his actions have just taken him out the team, a team which is playing Auba up top now and therefore uses two actual wingers instead of 1.

Last edited:

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
1 win and 1 draw from 6 games playing the worst football I’ve seen in 20+ years supporting the team. 0 goals from open play in 7 hours. He deserves to be under pressure he’s having an absolute nightmare this season from his management of Özil to Saliba to Pepe and his tactics. He’s a young manager etc but it’s a results based business and he should be on thin ice.

Moah

No matter what your thoughts are on Arteta or Pepe, I think its really bad that Arteta threw him under the bus. I know what he did was stupid despite him just being too fired up but a manager is meant to take the heat off you...

I'm sure a speech analyst would be able to tell you that Arteta clearly tried to bring attention to Pepe in his interview. Instead of saying "we did well considering we had a man sent off" he mentions Pepe's actual name and proceeds to talk about him and his actions for the rest of the interview. I dont like this for two reasons:

1. A player who is lacking confidence (mainly because of his lack of gametime which comes from the manager) needs to be sheltered in a situation like this. You can deal with it internally but you dont need to expose him publicly, it comes off as Arteta feeling vindicated after Pepe came out and said he needs more gametime.

2. Even if you forget the particular player, throwing any player under the bus rather than reflect on your own performances shows a lot of weakness. He tried to gloss over the performance and act like we were on track to win the game or create chances if we kept 11 men but thats far from the truth. He needs to stop lying to himself and to the press, people can see with their eyes if we are playing badly.

I think Arteta needs to keep playing Auba up top and persist with the 433. Willock was so dissapointing but I wouldnt mind Saka or ESR in the midfield. Partey to replace Xhaka for some dynamism and I feel like this is our system we just need to get used to, the shape fits all our best players on the pitch. I'm just frustrated Pepe didnt prove himself or at least give a solid game. He was working hard but his actions have just taken him out a team, a team which is playing Auba up top now and therefore uses two actual wingers instead of 1.
He could have said he didn't see what happened because even we didn't know what happened until we saw the **** rolling on the ground. But he preferred to assume its a sin for a player to see red and made it look like a Zidanesque head butt. It would have been easier for him to defend him on public and punish him internally but no he had to throw every stone he can at him.

He didn't say a word about the other guy's playacting mind you.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No-ones saying Klopp is a saviour. He is an undisputedly elite manager though.

The team / squad Klopp inherited at Liverpool was far from top class. His first starting eleven had Mignolet, Can, Clyne, Leiva, Sakho, Moreno in it. On the bench were Adam Bogdan, Kolo Toure, Joe Allen, Jerome Sinclair, Joao Carlos Texiera and Connor Randall. He'd be nowhere near top 4 with those players either. It was arguably worse than our squad at the time.

Your using arguments that show Klopps greatness as a manager to somehow say that he wouldn't have been as good here.

No **** he wouldn't win the League with Mustafi, Xhaka, Kolasinac, Mari, Cedric, Lacazette and the Chelsea rejects as you put it, in it the same way he didn't win the league with Mignolet, Can, Clyne, Leiva, Sakho, Moreno in it. Bet he was tearing his hair out coaching them too. But he improved the team / squad over 2-3 years, then he won stuff.

Yeah, Liverpool have a great squad that enables them to have players like Shaqiri and Keita on the bench. I'm pretty sure Klopp had some imput on those signings too.

''Klopps only as good as his team'' okay, I agree. He did create the current Liverpool squad by and large and they're winners.
I’m not disputing that Klopp is a good manager. But everything going right there is a team effort and Michael Edwards’ transfer business has been extraordinary.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I’m not disputing that Klopp is a good manager. But everything going right there is a team effort and Michael Edwards’ transfer business has been extraordinary.
It's always a team effort. Wenger needed help too. But you wouldn't dispute that, of course...

There’s no comparison between the Luiz and Pepe red ffs.

When you put yourself above the team like Pepe did during the game you rightly lose all protection from the manager.

Yeah I'm all for Arteta protecting his players better like Wenger used to do but I think there is a difference in these red cards.

I think the situation is a bit different now also, maybe Arteta is starting to feel some pressure with the recent results. So he can't be having his players being tricked into easily avoidable red cards! Arsenal players shouldn't have to be reminded that the referees break records with VAR check ups to try to disallow legal goals from us and that referees go 100% by the book against our players every time. We need to be smart. The referee is always our enemy.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

I think Arteta needs to keep playing Auba up top and persist with the 433. Willock was so dissapointing but I wouldnt mind Saka or ESR in the midfield. Partey to replace Xhaka for some dynamism and I feel like this is our system we just need to get used to, the shape fits all our best players on the pitch. I'm just frustrated Pepe didnt prove himself or at least give a solid game. He was working hard but his actions have just taken him out a team, a team which is playing Auba up top now and therefore uses two actual wingers instead of 1.
I've looked but I cant find the video where he steams into Pepe. All I've seen is him answer questions with 'It's unacceptable'.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta is a clown in many ways. But he was too soft on Pepe if anything. What he did was absolutely pathetic and no excuse for it. He should be fined and called out publicly. This was two yellow cards by tackles or Luiz last ditch tackle he mistimed. This was an extremely selfish act by a stupid player who seem to have real bad attitude. I say get rid of the clown
He could have said he didn't see what happened because even we didn't know what happened until we saw the **** rolling on the ground. But he preferred to assume its a sin for a player to see red and made it look like a Zidanesque head butt. It would have been easier for him to defend him on public and punish him internally but no he had to throw every stone he can at him.

He didn't say a word about the other guy's playacting mind you.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom