Mikel Arteta: Serial Trophy Winner?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Not even sure it was Saka parents. Well. It was his mother for sure but I think the other one might be god him self.

2. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

CL still possible?

3. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I’m really liking the 3-4-3. While our squad is near fully fit it’s probably our best suitable formation. Provides stability. Allows the wingbacks or a midfielder to bomb forward without sacrificing defensive structure.
    Arteta has got it spot on.

4. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

MAKE. IT. HAPPEN.

SA Gunner, Tosker, Aevi and 11 others like this.
  5. lomekian

lomekian Well-Known Member

Unless you'd ever seen him at u18 or u23 level where he was just so far ahead of most of the kids his age it was clear he was a talent. Stood out almost as much as Wilshere did.

celestis likes this.
  6. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Seriously, I'd love this so much.

7. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

SANTI-PARTEY-LUCAS MIDFIELD OMG OMG OMG OMG

8. Manberg

Manberg Predator

9. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Santi can probably do more with a tennis ball than anyone in the squad can do with a football...

Football Manager and El Duderino like this.
  10. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

They had the quality vs a Norwich side that gave us two goals.

Let's not forget how many times Ceballos and Xhaka got the ball to the forwards in previous games.

11. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Will probably shed a tear of happiness if this happens

12. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Özil can probably rival him on his left foot but unlike Santi he has no heart or gumption.

13. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Nice touch, but will it make a noticeable difference? Assistant coaches are overrated imo.

14. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

Team looked really different yesterday. With the wing backs bombing down the flanks and putting the ball in & more through balls we just had a lot more avenues to goal and the attack looked more diverse and threatening. Whilst lucky with the opener (as per Southampton, it's the sort of luck you make for yourself and which we'd never have made under Emery) we really should have scored by that point anyway. Lacazette continues his profligacy.

15. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Haha dude, we literally just hired an assistant coach to be our head coach. Now's probably not a good time to be saying assistant coaches are overrated.

16. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

I dont know how much of our dominance last game is due to Norwich being really poor but I will like to see us continue this system. It looks like it covers up our frailties and gives us more attacking options.

17. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

Yep, three at the back has best suited our players since Wenger switched to it in 16/17. Every decent run we've gone on since then has been when we played 3 at the back.

It best masks the massive flaws in our squad: the lack of competent centre halves that can play 1v1, the lack of dynamic midfield players and the lack of elite 1v1 wide men. I think it's here to stay until we get new players.

I do think Arteta's plan is 433 eventually, so imo the likes of KT, Saliba and Pepe will be crucial moving forward.

oh to be a goon and Riou like this.
  18. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

19. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

[​IMG]

Arsenal clearly have a problem. Almost half of the goals they’ve conceded this season have been from corners, set-pieces, penalties etc - only 56% from open-play.

No wonder that we are dreading during every corner or set-piece closer to our goal.

20. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Yesterday it looked like we had a clear plan. Build up the right hand side and then switch to the left.

We were genuinely exciting.