• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
- Saliba alienated
- Pepe dropped when in form
- Overplaying Saka
- Played Partey not fit and he got injured again
- Desperately plays Tierney vs City risking injury
- Not dropping Bellerin
- Nelson?
- Willian

bcs.gif

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
I agree with you on Arteta but this is laughable on Ole. You say winning a cup is not progress but bringing on young players who have not improved the team at all is progress?

Winning mentality? How? He had 13 opportunities to win a trophy since he got there, won 0. Lost 4 SFs in a row. Eliminated in CL GS. Qualified for CL last season only bc Chelsea and Leicester bottled their lead. 66pts is the lowest pt total in years for a CL finish.

He replaced Jose who got 82 pts in his last full season. To get there Ole would have to win 12 and draw 1 of the last 13 games of the season. He didn't improve United, others got worse. And he got as many penalties as Jose, LVG and Moyes TOGETHER in triple time less.

He also helped the Glazers reduce the wage bill to a laughable amount, resulting in your longest run without a trophy in over 30 years. He's a Glazer in all but name.

If Jose had stayed up until now and literally copy-paste everything Ole has done to Jose the reaction would not be this. Any other established manager in the world doing this would not be looked at favorably at all.
Jose sucked the joy out of watching Utd. He caused in-fighting and constantly blamed everyone publically.

Ole, for all of his faults, has created a really good atmosphere around the club again. Yes he’s a Glazer yes man. Like Arteta, he knows he won’t get a job at a big club like this again so he’s making the most of it right now. But we’re in a far better state than we were a few years ago under Jose. And remember, I don’t think Ole is the right man - but he’s been good for us after the hell which was Jose.

And no winning the FA Cup isn’t progress. It’s a nice day out, sure. But we won it under Van Gaal and we were going nowhere as a team. Martinez won it with Wigan and where are they now. Arry won it with Portsmouth, where are they now?

You can see teams like Leicester, Utd, West Ham on upwards trajectories. That’s progress. The league never lies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
That’s all you can take from all those stats I posted, ‘Arseblog weren’t as anti Wenger as you’re making out’. :lol: What about how superb the stats were that season, and how poor they are now. Yet Wenger was deemed sackable and Arteta is doing fine, for some Trumpesque fake news reason.

Arseblog was one of the longest, and most vociferous online supporters of Wenger in the face of steadily increasing anti-Wenger sentiment. For you to lump him in the same 'Wenger out' catergory as AFTV shows a gargantuan lack of knowledge about a subject that you have preached about on an almost daily basis.

If you got that wrong then it would be remiss of us not to at least consider what else you are getting wrong. :lol:

Iceman10

Established Member
- Saliba alienated
- Pepe dropped when in form
- Overplaying Saka
- Played Partey not fit and he got injured again
- Desperately plays Tierney vs City risking injury
- Not dropping Bellerin
- Nelson?
- Willian

bcs.gif

I agree this is where he has brought it on himself to not have a core of 15-17 players in form and with confidence at any given time and that ultimately contributes to league position in my view. It’s a combination of marginalising players to assert his supposed culture and a failure to rotate in a smart way. For the former it gets worse because consistency is not there where at times he was lenient with Xhaka and Luiz.

Arteta’s preference for Luiz, Elneny, and Willian for depth at times has deprived other players from getting minutes and building their confidence which would have allowed them to develop into reliable players for the core squad of 15-17 players. I disagree with you on Tierney for City though, I can’t join in that criticism as I would have picked him also after all clear of sub appearance in the EL first leg.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

For what it’s worth to Mikel I like what I see from our defence, think we’re 3/4th in the league with goals conceded, not sure on stats but it seems we face a lot less shots than we did with Emery. If leading by one or two I feel more comfortable we won’t concede.

Another thing I think that’s impressive is the fact it’s clear the team still back him, in our worst ever run since I started supporting Arsenal on the verge of relegation these guys still fight for him which is clear whereas emery was under the bus straightaway.

One more is it does feel like in the big games we’re much more competitive, beating United away, we’ve beaten Chelsea, Liverpool, City etc which is definitely something that I’d call improvement compared to last few years.

I’ll be Arteta out for the remainder of the season, but it’s clear he’s probably briefed to the team and the team know it that top 4 is done and Europa is what we need for CL. That was always the aim this season. I do believe that is what killed us in the last two seasons with Emery and Mikel is that we were always in both until it was too late and we failed in both because we’re not strong enough for that balance.

He needs to make Europa his baby, I only wanna see your guys like Partey start Europa or get fitness minutes in PL, use the remaining PL games to work on things for next year, ideally guys like a Ødegaard start every game **** it even Mat Ryan should get a gig.

Our Europa run will be nowhere near as hard as our FA Cup run but the stakes are certainly way way bigger.

He has a chance for redemption among the majority of the fan base.
Wrote all of this and not even a like to show for it. Onlyberg

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Unlucky for Mik a football season is 50 games played from September till May and not the short random period of 10 games when he didn't look crap.
'
It's not a short random period. It's our most recent games we've played. You're picking a random period from September to December, and admittedly he did terrible in that time period and I was tearing my hair out.

We are saying, since he's got us playing better in our most recent fixtures, it is looking better than it did earlier in this season.

goonergaz

The league never lies.

I'm not so sure this season, the fixture list is incredibly congested and West Ham (in particular) will have benefited from not having to concentrate on anything but the league.

I mean, look at Liverpool - they don't go from 2 outstanding seasons to where they are now in a normal season.

As for us, this has highlighted many things wrong at Arsenal, one of which is the poor quality outside of the starting 11 - the injuries, fiasco with Özil and dip in form of Auba (including losing him for a while due to family reasons) have all been distorted.

This season is no way to judge anything by the table IMHO.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
:lol: :lol:

So what happens if we improve the rest of the way? Playing beyond potential at that point?

What? The football we've been playing recently would be good enough for top 4 across an entire season.

The squad cant play at a title challenging level because it simply isn't good enough. Not sure what point you tried to make there.

blaze_of_glory

What? The football we've been playing recently would be good enough for top 4 across an entire season.

The squad cant play at a title challenging level because it simply isn't good enough. Not sure what point you tried to make there.
You posted stats showing us in 5th though...? And that's with other teams struggling as well.

My point is that no matter how we do you say it's as good as it can be. You were saying similar stuff when we were losing every game.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom