• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Iceman10

Established Member
Have to pull you up on two things:

Where's this come from? Nelson doesn't have good football IQ, excuse me? We've not honestly seen nearly enough of Nelson at this level to really judge. In fact from the little we've seen he actually seems to have the opposite problem, he's too reserved and makes too many sensible passes rather than expressing himself more.

Also what I have heard and Mutable has said is that Nelson was looking amazing at below senior team level.

Which leads me to this point, if the squad is sh!t for the most part and as we're probably not going anywhere fast this season why not at the very least try and integrate some of other the younger players?

You say Willian has turned it around...which I mean how can you say Nelson doesn't have good football IQ yet Willian makes a 1/2 decent pass yet he's turned it around? I digress.

But to me Willian hasn't done enough and isn't good enough to hog all of the time we should've invested to properly see if Nelson and Martinelli can contribute (tbh we know Martinelli can contribute, but he probably isn't good enough for Arteta's "system").

It's the same in other positions, AMN should've been given more time in CM, we should've seen Willock more, we should've seen Balogun more, I'm not an Nketiah fan but he's totally disappeared, wagwan with that?

Also I'll give you Guendouzi in regards to attitude, but I've never heard of any problems whilst Saliba was at the club, sure he has sounded disappointed in French interviews but hardly anything that warrants him being labelled as having a bad attitude and frankly can you blame him?

My n*gga is 19, moved to a new country, a new club, experienced some major trauma, then had the manager use that trauma as some excuse to why he wasn't playing (when the player himself blatantly wanted to play) and his ass was either rooted to the bench or the stands for half a goddamn season at 19, this isn't FUT you can swap out players and forget about them, these players have their own goals half a year is a long time in terms of development to waste with no playing time at all.

I mean you're pulling out excuses left right and center for Arteta, I'd appreciate it if you were more honest about his shortcomings.....actually I don't care, you can think what you like but you do seem overly biased.

You are obviously a lot more patient than I am. When someone makes closed statements on players, says they don’t want to discuss them, and is basically casting some players aside in the same way Aaron Ramsey could have been when he was struggling, it is not something I have much time for. Imagine rubbishing Martinelli at this point. I’m fine with Arteta protecting him if that is what he is doing but many people do rightly see him as potential future star, especially if we are selling Laca this summer. Rubbishing players just to defend the manager does not run well with me. Who is saying Saliba isn’t going to work out? Even Arteta isn’t doing that at this point.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Because in this competition you have to play more difficult games. We won the FA Cup beating man City and having a 50/50 game v Chelsea. Basically 2 one of games.

If we get passed Olympiakos we could face 2 games against United, Sp**s, Roma, AC Milan even Villareal who are playing well. You have to be consistent and control matches and kill games off. Then if we manage that face another 2 games. Etc. There's more room for error.

We NEED to win the EL while some of the above clubs will qualify to the CL via the league. Less pressure.

We see in the final against Chelsea there was so much pressure on us and 0 on them as they had qualified via the league. And the players couldn't handle it.

We seen with Wenger against Atletico Madrid the same.

Let's hope we can win it but it will be extremely difficult. Much more difficult than winning an FA Cup where we beat City in a 1 off game never to do it again in the league and we were helped significantly in the FA Cup by a second yellow for Kovacic that was never a yellow card.

None of those teams are anything to overly fear, imo...they are good not great teams, like us.

It's not like we are in the Champions League and could play Bayern or PSG, or even if we get Jose at some point it's not like we will be playing 2010 Inter Milan.

It's winnable.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You two are so choc full of bollocks at this point :rolleyes: What happened to the Pepe thread, is it locked or summin?
So what in my post was a lie?

Finishing mid table or being unlikely EL winners?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Rubbishing players just to defend the manager does not run well with me.
Pretty much.

I mean I bet if we go back to before ESR was playing you could easily make the excuse that he was not ready. But when he was finally given a chance in the league he was actually fking fantastic.

Being given a proper shot is what fans asked for, we weren't saying he'd definitely be a hit, but he deserved more time to prove whether or not he'd be a failure in the league and incidentally we was actually a success.

It's not about fanaticism either; nobody is (well more correctly I'm not) demanding Martinelli, Nelson, Balogun etc, start every game, it's just they've not been given enough chances considering our squad isn't stacked with quality.

Lastly just because this is a weakness with Arteta doesn't mean that he's not improved in other areas; because I'll give it to him, Leicester and Olympiakos were impressive and our xG, xA, possession and chance creation have all been good recently and consistently so. That points only to one thing, despite the results the performances have been getting better.

I'll concede that I didn't expect we'd be able to do that, but there are still things that just do not impress and this strange problem with his selections is one of them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You know I massively respected Wenger, but as time goes by I’m beginning to question that. How could a manager as great as him commit himself to a club like this? Utd wanted him to replace Ferguson not long after he came here. Should’ve gone. They wanted him twice to replace Ferguson.

Anyway, Arteta with some interesting quotes, sounds like he’s putting pressure on the club to back him this summer. I like how he’s been talking recently.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Have to pull you up on two things:

Where's this come from? Nelson doesn't have good football IQ, excuse me? We've not honestly seen nearly enough of Nelson at this level to really judge. In fact from the little we've seen he actually seems to have the opposite problem, he's too reserved and makes too many sensible passes rather than expressing himself more.

Also what I have heard and Mutable has said is that Nelson was looking amazing at below senior team level.

Which leads me to this point, if the squad is sh!t for the most part and as we're probably not going anywhere fast this season why not at the very least try and integrate some of other the younger players?

You say Willian has turned it around...which I mean how can you say Nelson doesn't have good football IQ yet Willian makes a 1/2 decent pass yet he's turned it around? I digress.

But to me Willian hasn't done enough and isn't good enough to hog all of the time we should've invested to properly see if Nelson and Martinelli can contribute (tbh we know Martinelli can contribute, but he probably isn't good enough for Arteta's "system").

It's the same in other positions, AMN should've been given more time in CM, we should've seen Willock more, we should've seen Balogun more, I'm not an Nketiah fan but he's totally disappeared, wagwan with that?

Also I'll give you Guendouzi in regards to attitude, but I've never heard of any problems whilst Saliba was at the club, sure he has sounded disappointed in French interviews but hardly anything that warrants him being labelled as having a bad attitude and frankly can you blame him?

My n*gga is 19, moved to a new country, a new club, experienced some major trauma, then had the manager use that trauma as some excuse to why he wasn't playing (when the player himself blatantly wanted to play) and his ass was either rooted to the bench or the stands for half a goddamn season at 19, this isn't FUT you can swap out players and forget about them, these players have their own goals half a year is a long time in terms of development to waste with no playing time at all.

I mean you're pulling out excuses left right and center for Arteta, I'd appreciate it if you were more honest about his shortcomings.....actually I don't care, you can think what you like but you do seem overly biased.
I skimmed. In my reading Saliba does have attitude issues. But I don’t think theyre on the level or in the mold of Guendouzi. Unlike Guendouzi, I think he can be guided and is responsive. He needs to keep his mouth shut and his head down though. And Nelson clearly has those issues I mentioned. Subbed off early last time we saw him. Wasnt doing a damn thing right. Willian has added assists recently. Still not my favorite signing though.

No, I’m not talking out my ass and covering for Arteta. Not everything he does I’m happy with. I just see the big picture and have the patience to see the process through. This squad is ****. Arteta has said we’re numerous players off from really competing. Boo hoo to the current squad.

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
Pretty much.

I mean I bet if we go back to before ESR was playing you could easily make the excuse that he was not ready. But when he was finally given a chance in the league he was actually fking fantastic.

Being given a proper shot is what fans asked for, we weren't saying he'd definitely be a hit, but he deserved more time to prove whether or not he'd be a failure in the league and incidentally we was actually a success.

It's not about fanaticism either; nobody is (well more correctly I'm not) demanding Martinelli, Nelson, Balogun etc, start every game, it's just they've not been given enough chances considering our squad isn't stacked with quality.

Lastly just because this is a weakness with Arteta doesn't mean that he's not improved in other areas; because I'll give it to him, Leicester and Olympiakos were impressive and our xG, xA, possession and chance creation have all been good recently and consistently so. That points only to one thing, despite the results the performances have been getting better.

I'll concede that I didn't expect we'd be able to do that, but there are still things that just do not impress and this strange problem with his selections is one of them.

Think we are in a similar place with Arteta. Positives and negatives. Undecided, but now some concerns long-term with patterns he is showing with selections and in particular not finding a way to fit certain players in even in a run of 4-5 matches.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
You know, there are a myriad of ways to reply to your post with the same aggressive and antisocial tone that you used, but why? This is a forum. We're all Arsenal fans here to have some fun and waste some time with likeminded individuals.

I said what I said.

tumblr_ngmhm76sFh1tp5565o1_400.gif

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
None of those teams are anything to overly fear, imo...they are good not great teams, like us.

It's not like we are in the Champions League and could play Bayern or PSG, or even if we get Jose at some point it's not like we will be playing 2010 Inter Milan.

It's winnable.

When you're picking up 1 point from Burnley, Wolves and Villa at sitting 10th/11th in the league it is a lot less winnable than you think.

When was the last time a team who finished 10th/11th in their league won the EL?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think I've come to terms with giving Arteta next season after him being backed in the summer to sign some players. If he's allowed to sign three starters then I'd say it's reasonable to expect top 4 or he's sacked.

Hope he starts putting more faith in our youth when he isn't in survival mode at start of new season

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Think some are overestimating the quality of teams left in the Europa League.

They're much of a muchness. Good /decent sides but beatable, like us. A fairly kind run of draws and we've got as good a chance as anyone of winning it I feel.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When you're picking up 1 point from Burnley, Wolves and Villa at sitting 10th/11th in the league it is a lot less winnable than you think.

When was the last time a team who finished 10th/11th in their league won the EL?

Didn't Yanited finish like 9th or something, when they won it in 2017?

Finesse

It’s interesting reading how the realisation Arsenal cannot fund the purchase of new / top players to meet the expectations desired has caved fans into looking at getting the best of what is here and the youth players.

The way we played this season has been what it is and no need to educate anyone on it. However the sentiments have gradually developed into complete questioning of just about everything about the manager. If you don’t like it , you will always see reason to justify your position by picking on just about anything worthy of demonstrating it. Even after a good results some avoid the forum or make tame comments like they are being forced to congratulate the team. These lot are employees for the club and we are fans. I read some even wishing we lose today to see what Arteta backers would say. It’s a sad state of affairs.

I read above ESR was given a chance and so can the rest. However why are we not accepting Willock , Nelson , Niles were all given these chances. At the very top level with the kind of demand on here no one would take defeats or bad results because the manager is trying to play young players into form. This is Arsenal and you take your chance when it comes. ESR did. Saka too and many more would. This is not only at Arsenal. Every club in the country has players like Martinelli etc on the bench pushing to come in. Or maybe just not fully into the manager’s plan. This is normal. Even under Arsène. He was vilified for even over relying on the youths.

We had a poor start to the season. We are improving as a team. It may not be what we wanted for the season but this is what it is. I hope we improve and end the season on a high. However in the process I remain objective and not completely sidetracked by my disgust for the manager and always looking for things to say to discredit him.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom