• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We should open up the poll again. I have been giving this more thought and I would be fine with giving Arteta another year.

It has been a poor season but we are still only 5 points or so off Liverpool and Sp**s. With some referee decisions going our way we would be level or above them.

Problem I have is that too many on AM make it seem like we should just easily brush aside teams like West Brom. West Brom is a team that put 5 past Chelsea just a little of a month ago and have played quite well over the last 2 months or so and have won or drawn quite a few games lately.

Yes, Arteta has made some mistakes but that was bound to happen given his inexperience.

I was really disappointed after the EL elimination but now I have calmed down. The team still plays for him and if the club backs him hopefully next season will be better.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
He still hasn't managed to instil basics in to the team like forming passing triangles in midfield, dont give space to an attacker, how to close down attacking players, pass and move.

This is ignoring some other required stuff like pressing as a cohesive unit or developing a style of play that doesn't depend on one player not getting injured.

Hes made us more solid but so could steve bruce, I think the only difference yesterday was Arteta had better players.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Not sure getting a Utd fan, City fan and Chelsea fan to talk about Arsenal is the best way to get a objective discussion :lol: What annoyed me was when the Chelsea fan said no one wants Arteta out...excuse me?!?! That City fan is just a wind-up merchant though, don't think i've ever heard him say anything that wasn't 100% bullsh*t. Has such a smug, punchable face too.
Yeah I didn't really get that point, either. Seems out of touch with the Arsenal fanbase.

Bloodbather

Established Member

This is such a maddening take. It reinforces my suspicion that Arteta only gave ESR a chance because he had no other option in that Chelsea game, too.

I can't believe how opposite of what we thought he was Arteta turned out to be. Conservative stubborn manager overly infatuated with the "non-negotiables" who favors hackneyed players over promising youngsters.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Wish I had Kroenke's as my owners. Hands untied to burn down the company while I learn and then I feck off to a different venture.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

girls_girls_32.jpg

11-drake-hotline-bling.w710.h473.jpg

700-00053599en_Masterfile.jpg

drake.jpg
Those grannies do look kind though, no cap, they can erm.....bake me some cookies lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

mirrorstare

So far things are going as expected, we'll do **** all, allow Arteta to waste serious money on more Cedrics and suffer long term consequences for it.

A perfect time to stop watching.

Iceman10

Established Member
We should open up the poll again. I have been giving this more thought and I would be fine with giving Arteta another year.

It has been a poor season but we are still only 5 points or so off Liverpool and Sp**s. With some referee decisions going our way we would be level or above them.

Problem I have is that too many on AM make it seem like we should just easily brush aside teams like West Brom. West Brom is a team that put 5 past Chelsea just a little of a month ago and have played quite well over the last 2 months or so and have won or drawn quite a few games lately.

Yes, Arteta has made some mistakes but that was bound to happen given his inexperience.

I was really disappointed after the EL elimination but now I have calmed down. The team still plays for him and if the club backs him hopefully next season will be better.
I had a feeling this would happen with one or two the longer after the Villareal two legs. If one is stuck with the allure of a supposed young manager with a high ceiling growing into a job despite inexperience, just remember the poor selections, game plans, tactics, in-game management, etc. over the two legs against Villareal. It is all factual and verifiable. Remember that was 18 months into the job. Does that show a young manager evolving on an upwards trend, or are there signs of traits that won't change? There are also things with management of players like Martinelli, where there is a pattern established with no signs of change. There is just a picture of Arteta's development curve as a manager, just like young players are scouted to assess their remaining development curves.

For me it wasn't the two legs against Villareal, it was similar with approaches in matches against West Ham and Liverpool earlier, but I do think the evidence was for anyone to see if they break down why we lost to Villareal, 18 months into his job.

Don't worry, I'm not trying hard to convert you, you are free to think your own way and the poll above is good enough for me in seeing around 85% of Arsenal fans feel the same way I do. I'm just laying out why I feel there is no solid argument to defend Arteta anymore because your comment perhaps shows some disconnect from understanding why people are where they are at with Arteta, where there are solid rational arguments against him, not just irrational hate.

mirrorstare

People should stop pretending to be insightful by clutching at straws for giving Arteta more time, nobody is buying your ramblings.

The real reason is the same reason the owner discussion isn't an interesting one, you can't actually control the outcome. You're just trying to rationalize why you have to keep watching Artetaball, nothing else.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
I had a feeling this would happen with one or two the longer after the Villareal two legs. If one is stuck with the allure of a supposed young manager with a high ceiling growing into a job despite inexperience, just remember the poor selections, game plans, tactics, in-game management, etc. over the two legs against Villareal. It is all factual and verifiable. Remember that was 18 months into the job. Does that show a young manager evolving on an upwards trend, or are there signs of traits that won't change? There are also things with management of players like Martinelli, where there is a pattern established with no signs of change. There is just a picture of Arteta's development curve as a manager, just like young players are scouted to assess their remaining development curves.

For me it wasn't the two legs against Villareal, it was similar with approaches in matches against West Ham and Liverpool earlier, but I do think the evidence was for anyone to see if they break down why we lost to Villareal, 18 months into his job.

Don't worry, I'm not trying hard to convert you, you are free to think your own way and the poll above is good enough for me in seeing around 85% of Arsenal fans feel the same way I do. I'm just laying out why I feel there is no solid argument to defend Arteta anymore because your comment perhaps shows some disconnect from understanding why people are where they are at with Arteta, where there are solid rational arguments against him, not just irrational hate.
I was really calling for Arteta out as well but after these few days I'm thinking to give him another season with his summer transfers.
My argument is that imo this squad is of low quality and i would be Arteta out if we get a long term coach with good vision for attractive football and arsenal identity.
If we are going for Allegri, for example, then i can live with another season of Arteta. Imo an Allegri or Benitez won't transform these clowns on the pitch.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
At least if the board back him after the season we’ve had we should be in for a busy summer. That’s the only positive I can really think of right now.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom