• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

scytheavatar

Established Member
We have a good manager. You’ll see in time. Be patient.

The problem is that Arteta has inherited such a dumpster fire that I am not sure him being merely a "good manager" is enough. We need a God tier manager to lift us up and Arteta doesn't inspire enough confidence that he is that level.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
The problem is that Arteta has inherited such a dumpster fire that I am not sure him being merely a "good manager" is enough. We need a God tier manager to lift us up and Arteta doesn't inspire enough confidence that he is that level.
That’s why it will take, and has taken, time. We will see next season how true his ability is. So long as they get the targets they want. Think we’re in for some surprises personally.

tcahill

Not going to be a popular opinion around here, now Bellerin is the next of a growing number of players publicly praising Arteta, including several players that have left (ie have nothing to lose by criticising him).

Auba and Tierney have signed new contracts with assurances that Arteta was staying.

I don't like our football or the treatment of Saliba/Nelson, but players who see much more than we do clearly dig his project.

I'd love to know what us fans are missing.

TinFish

Not going to be a popular opinion around here, now Bellerin is the next of a growing number of players publicly praising Arteta, including several players that have left (ie have nothing to lose by criticising him).

Auba and Tierney have signed new contracts with assurances that Arteta was staying.

I don't like our football or the treatment of Saliba/Nelson, but players who see much more than we do clearly dig his project.

I'll tell you what us fans are missing. The obscene amounts of wages being thrown around on our bang average players!

Martinelli is on about £70 - £90,000 a week
Bellerin £110,000
Auba £250,000
Lacazette £180,000
Chambers (Cafu) £50,000

If I was an average EPL player situated at Arsenal earning these kind of wages you bet I'd be praising anyone above in the hierarchy. Infact I'll be bending down in the changing room for ol' Tets to have a go!

Non of the players listed above will get this kind of money at any other club they move to.

tcahill

I'll tell you what us fans are missing. The obscene amounts of wages being thrown around on our bang average players!

Martinelli is on about £70 - £90,000 a week
Bellerin £110,000
Auba £250,000
Lacazette £180,000
Chambers (Cafu) £50,000

If I was an average EPL player situated at Arsenal earning these kind of wages you bet I'd be praising anyone above in the hierarchy. Infact I'll be bending down in the changing room for ol' Tets to have a go!

Non of the players listed above will get this kind of money at any other club they move to.

Agree that we pay too much in wages, but that doesn't account for Mustafi and Ceballos who have both praised Arteta's qualities after been given the boot. Bellerin is confirmed leaving too, he doesn't have a stake in the issue anymore.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
does anyone readig
Bellerin on Tricky Mik:

"I think personally at Arsenal that’s something (emphasis on off the ball movement) that has changed a lot.

I think the ethics and the way they work since Mikel has been the manager of the club has completely changed.

thats the only point he makes - that there is more emphasis on off-the-ball movement. Big whoopee breaking news.

The ethics of the club definitely have changed.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Bellerin on Tricky Mik:

"I think personally at Arsenal that’s something (emphasis on off the ball movement) that has changed a lot.

I think the ethics and the way they work since Mikel has been the manager of the club has completely changed.
And these behaviours, our behaviours have been awarded by them. There’s more emphasis on that behaviour, so the way we run back or the way we create space for a player.

Because you know you can move to receive the ball, you can move to get a player away or you can move into space, there’s so many ways you can move for and sometimes a goal is created not by the player that passes the ball or by the player that scores but by the player that actually created the space.

And many people, like the fans in the stands or even the pundits sometimes, they won’t see that. But truly that’s what we’ve practised, that’s what the coach has asked, and by the player doing that we're able to score.

I think even sometimes for the players it’s hard to see, when other teams do it and stuff, but we know in our dressing room and in the way we play that we scored that goal thanks to that player."

Safe to say that we need to sell Bellerin asap. :red:
Bellerin is such a loser can't wait until he leaves he does not have a winners mentality.

GunnerShy

Watching good football and getting good results for starters.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Any exciting prospects would avoid Arsenal like the plague because of the petty dictator. He's bought into his own hype which is the most dangerous thing to do for a man who was mediocre at best as a player & barely up to snuff as a manager.

The fact he holds the same position as Wenger is a scathing indictment of our situation as a club.

At best, he'd be the conditioning coach at best in a Gulf-based club.

I can't wait for him to fade as a memory from this club.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Any exciting prospects would avoid Arsenal like the plague because of the petty dictator. He's bought into his own hype which is the most dangerous thing to do for a man who was mediocre at best as a player & barely up to snuff as a manager.

The fact he holds the same position as Wenger is a scathing indictment of our situation as a club.

At best, he'd be the conditioning coach at best in a Gulf-based club.

I can't wait for him to fade as a memory from this club.

Can't tell if you are Arteta In or Arteta Out tbh, hate it when people sit on the fence like this!

scytheavatar

Established Member

They have nothing to lose by praising Arteta either......... we have no idea if they really rate Arteta that highly. Or if they just want to suck the ass of any manager they are working for. In any case any Arsenal player who would want to leave us if Arteta is sacked should get the **** out of the club already cause he already shows unforgivable attitude.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel

They have nothing to gain by slagging off their old boss publicly. I’d argue they only lose by seeing as someone that would slag off their old manager, especially with the fact Tets will end up managing other teams in the future.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Bellerin on Tricky Mik:

And these behaviours, our behaviours have been awarded by them. There’s more emphasis on that behaviour, so the way we run back or the way we create space for a player.

Because you know you can move to receive the ball, you can move to get a player away or you can move into space, there’s so many ways you can move for and sometimes a goal is created not by the player that passes the ball or by the player that scores but by the player that actually created the space.

And many people, like the fans in the stands or even the pundits sometimes, they won’t see that. But truly that’s what we’ve practised, that’s what the coach has asked, and by the player doing that we're able to score.

I think even sometimes for the players it’s hard to see, when other teams do it and stuff, but we know in our dressing room and in the way we play that we scored that goal thanks to that player."

It's interesting that Bellerin is talking positively about Arteta's coaching even though he was essentially dropped and is likely heading out of the door. It shows what a model pro Hector is, also hopefully a good sign with Arteta if he stays. The back end of last season gives me hope that this team can improve... I'm just not convinced that they will.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Bellerin on Tricky Mik:

Contrast this with when Freddie tracked back and Ash Cole promptly telling him , Freddie ,don't do that again ,and stay up the pitch , saying. "He's in my pocket" in front of said player.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

When we used to say Özil did that for Arsenal and was one of his main contributions to the team (his off the ball movement) people choked on it and spat it out in our faces. Now that Bellerin says it as part of Arteta's coaching people swallow it whole.

Also, Bellerin praising Arteta is not surprise. No other club has come in for him :lol: Barca and Ateltico dreams in the bin.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom