• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

It's the technical balance of the team. If Tierney had been fit, maybe Saka would have played with Auba CF and Pepe RW. Nelson LW is another decent shout but he's had his injuries (and detractors) too. The problem isn't with Auba playing CF as a concept, but the sh*tty lopsided midfield (could extend lopsidedness to the whole XI) that isn't able to accommodate playing him there. Play him there and you create another pothole in the team. Martinelli - as stated - is more like Auba, so having two of them sacrifices some level of possession and control because we don't have the right midfielders to complement them.
You don't reckon Laca is a pothole in himself since he doesn't score or assist as expected? Martinelli is at the very least a goal scorer in every 2 matches based on his stats already. I'd rather concede possession, control etc but just score goals. With Martinelli, we've got goals, goals translate to points. With Laca, well as you say, we've got control in an area where we probably don't need the control.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
There is nothing to feel for the man when he's got the likes of Elneny, Mikhi, Xhaka, Torreira, Mustafi, Sokratis, Laca etc on the rooster. A fire sale is actually in his best interest.

You need willing buyers. Only Torreria and Laca would have options and options that would pay a decent fee.

You need willing buyers. Only Torreria and Laca would have options and options that would pay a decent fee.
Xhaka too. My point was if he needs to free up space, he can manage to do it albeit at non-expected prices. Some of those players earnings are way too high in relation to their on-field contribution that just freeing them up is better just the same way bad debts are sometimes written off because the cost of pursuing is not worth it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sokratis and Xhaka would get buyers especially in the Italian and German league

truth_hurts

Sokratis and Xhaka would get buyers especially in the Italian and German league

Oh, no doubt we could sell both, but let's say Partey has a price of 45m we'd probably need to sell 3 or 4 players to make up the cost.

It's not a smart way of building a team. By all means sell the dead weight, but we need some investment.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Oh, no doubt we could sell both, but let's say Partey has a price of 45m we'd probably need to sell 3 or 4 players to make up the cost.

It's not a smart way of building a team. By all means sell the dead weight, but we need some investment.
Xhaka would probably go for 25m and Sokratis could go for for 15m.

That's already 40m.

Mustafi would be by far the hardest to sell because he would he comfortable to collect his paycheck and clubs aren't interested in him

truth_hurts

That's already 40m.

Mustafi would be by far the hardest to sell because he would he comfortable to collect his paycheck and clubs aren't interested in him

I think Xhaka definitely got his value up back towards 30m, but I think COVID19 and it's aftermath will destroy the transfer market. It's all relative though I suppose.

We wouldn't get 15m for Somratis, I'd be content with 5m given his age and current level. David Luiz cost 8m and is far more established than Sokratis.

Whilst we're trying go shift these players other teams can just snap up our targets. Anyway I think Ricky Martin has a soft spot for Xhaka and the freedom he gives our left back.

Sadly, Torreria is the more likely sacrifice. When you consider Mkhi cost us around 30m (Alexis swap) and Özil above 40m. The likelihood is that both will be gone by next summer for a maximum of 15m. Lacazette and Aubameyang are a year away from going the Ramsey route. It is sickening.

truth_hurts

By the way, can we give Emery credit for clearing out Wilshere, trying to boot Özil and starting Guendouzi and Willock in this years first premier league game.

This summers and next summers clear out could be pivotal for the club, but I feel we desperately need investment.

Buy a top CB and CM, secure Auba and Saka and our future looks bright.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I think Xhaka definitely got his value up back towards 30m, but I think COVID19 and it's aftermath will destroy the transfer market. It's all relative though I suppose.

We wouldn't get 15m for Somratis, I'd be content with 5m given his age and current level. David Luiz cost 8m and is far more established than Sokratis.

Whilst we're trying go shift these players other teams can just snap up our targets. Anyway I think Ricky Martin has a soft spot for Xhaka and the freedom he gives our left back.

Sadly, Torreria is the more likely sacrifice. When you consider Mkhi cost us around 30m (Alexis swap) and Özil above 40m. The likelihood is that both will be gone by next summer for a maximum of 15m. Lacazette and Aubameyang are a year away from going the Ramsey route. It is sickening.
That's partly why I'm sick of our current board & we need a new one if we want to start competing properly again. We've got to buy most of our players for over 30 million each no matter the age, then we only bother to sell them for under 15 usually, we are pretty bad on the transfer market. In other words you could say we buy one player like Partey for over 40, then we lose 3 of our current players for under 40.

scytheavatar

Established Member
By the way, can we give Emery credit for clearing out Wilshere, trying to boot Özil and starting Guendouzi and Willock in this years first premier league game.

This summers and next summers clear out could be pivotal for the club, but I feel we desperately need investment.

Buy a top CB and CM, secure Auba and Saka and our future looks bright.

Clearing out Wilshere should have been done one season earlier by Wenger, while Emery's efforts at trying to boot Özil were half hearted and not serious. If he had closed the door like Louis van Gaal did to RVP Özil would have already left us. Starting Guendouzi and Willock is whatever since those 2 still have a lot to prove.

GDeep™

League is very weak

That's already 40m.

You’re living in a dream world, no? Who is paying 15M for 32 year old CB? Especially in this climate.

Xhaka could find a club elsewhere but I genuinely think Arteta likes him and would rather keep him and move on somebody like Torreira. You have to understand, you or I might not love Xhaka, but he’s played well for Arteta.

truth_hurts

That's partly why I'm sick of our current board & we need a new one if we want to start competing properly again. We've got to buy most of our players for over 30 million each no matter the age, then we only bother to sell them for under 15 usually, we are pretty bad on the transfer market. In other words you could say we buy one player like Partey for over 40, then we lose 3 of our current players for under 40.

Our transfer dealings in recent years have been absolutely woeful. This regime promised to put an end to players running down their contract, so with Auba, Laca, Saka, Luiz and Özil approaching that stage it will be interesting to see how they deal with these situations.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

You’re living in a dream world, no? Who is paying 15M for 32 year old CB? Especially in this climate.

Xhaka could find a club elsewhere but I genuinely think Arteta likes him and would rather keep him and move on somebody like Torreira. You have to understand, you or I might not love Xhaka, but he’s played well for Arteta.
Like I have said before, Arteta is forced to play him because he's the best of the bunch.

The only way Xhaka can function in this team is to hide his weakness. Constructing a team that hides Xhaka's weakness unbalances the team.

I believe if we get an upgrade on him, Arteta will not have a problem with him leaving. That's why our priority in the market should be a CM.

Xhaka is not the problem though. He's a symptom of the problem we have.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Arteta is getting a lot of praise from the players, Tierney also recently spoke very highly of him, his knowledge and methods. Mustafi saying he has learned things he didn`t know before doesn`t mean much though. I really believe we have one of, if not the most promsing manager in world football. I just fear there are so many factors working against Areta for him to fully succeed.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

We are lot worse at business than Liverpool.

Also there is yet to be seen how covid will affect transfer fees.

Last but least, Sokratis is a bum player. I doubt any sensible team would pay more than 3 M for him.
You may be right though.

Cazorla is destroying La liga, yet is only worth 3m on Transfermarkt

You may be right though.

Cazorla is destroying La liga, yet is only worth 3m on Transfermarkt

Someone saying im right. Just another day in the office!

Happy for Cazorla. I wanted him to leave the summer before injury. Thought his legs would do better in Spain where refs dont give opposition players to hurt our players. Me was right. Another day in the office.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Our transfer dealings in recent years have been absolutely woeful. This regime promised to put an end to players running down their contract, so with Auba, Laca, Saka, Luiz and Özil approaching that stage it will be interesting to see how they deal with these situations.
Well you can see they either have every intention of letting a few of them leave (bloody hope not) or they completely have no idea about players current contracts & don't overly care. Any sensible club with a sensible board would probably have worked things out with Saka & Aubameyang earlier during the season.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom