• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
She has to be up there with one of the most cringeworthy writers. I remember her talking about Mikhitaryan after his debut for us against a terrible Everton, that it was like him taking off a heavy suit of armour and he painted pictures all over the pitch. He then went and did **** all in the NLD the game after.

Baffles me how managers get special treatment from the media yet players can get ripped to shreds.

Roy Keane doing impressions of Harry Maguire, calling people spineless and cowards. It’s free reign to say almost whatever you want about players character and quality yet when it comes to managers there’s all of a sudden this weird line where you can’t say they should lose their job and it’s disrespectful to say so.

Then after their inevitable sacking there’s an uncomfortable eulogy with more tirades thrown the players way while making out the manager was thrown under the bus, didn’t deserve it and is a good guy.
Never thought about it like that, but yeah, players get far more stick from the media and pundits.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Amy hasn't been the same, since Kia sent the lawyers after her, a few years ago.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Furthermore look at the amount of change that has occurred in the last 5 years. We have changed our starting XI at least three times.

Wenger's team:

Cech
Bellerin-Mustafi-Koscienly-Monreal
Ramsey-Xhaka
Walcott-Özil-Sanchez
Giroud

Emery's team:

Leno
Mustafi-Soktratis-Luiz
Bellerin-Guendouzi-Xhaka-Kolasinac
Mkhi
Laca-Auba

Arteta's team:

Ramsdale
Tomi-White-Gabriel-Tierney
Partey-Xhaka
Saka-Ødegaard-ESR
Auba

I am picking players based on their appearances and the formations we mostly used btw. As you can see over the past 5 years, the team has undergone a lot of change in players and play style and we have looked worse. The above players were weak but we have improved but our position in the table has regressed. So with better players but with a worse coach we are sinking lower and lower, therefore the biggest factor is the manager.
Those teams . . . 2nd to 5th to 8th. I know I keep banging on about this, but the fans are responsible for forcing this sudden change on club. Post 15/16 no club can survive empty seats, and no manager can operate in a toxic environment, everybody knows that.

KSE have lavished millions to try and right the ship but it’s still not going in the right direction. Fans grossly underestimated Arsène’s ability and social media gave wings to fake narratives. Arsène earned the right to retire on his terms, and club should have planned for it properly having seen the mess United got into.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Those teams . . . 2nd to 5th to 8th. I know I keep banging on about this, but the fans are responsible for forcing this sudden change on club. Post 15/16 no club can survive empty seats, and no manager can operate in a toxic environment, everybody knows that.

KSE have lavished millions to try and right the ship but it’s still not going in the right direction. Fans grossly underestimated Arsène’s ability and social media gave wings to fake narratives. Arsène earned the right to retire on his terms, and club should have planned for it properly having seen the mess United got into.

Fans on social media called for Wenger's head, then begged the club to get Arteta.

Absolute state of Arsenal fans, ffs!

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I feel like we over-index the toxicity of fans and social media. No serious club lets their fans influence them. If that were the case, Ben White and Ramsdale wouldn't be here. We wouldn't have left Highbury. We wouldn't have sold RvP to United, Cesc to Barca, Nasri to City etc. I want to believe our voice is important, even if its toxic, but that is not the reality. And there are fans way more toxic than us and still get what they want. If you think we're trouble, imagine Real Madrid or Barca fans. Especially for Barca where the club has become the face of the Catalan people. Wenger left because we had one of the worst away records in the English football period. Our fans wanted Arteta because they fell for The Athletic's PR machine that convinced many he was the less focially challenged Pep.

Our issue has been the recruitment in key areas that have absolutely shafted us. Raul was a crook, Arteta/Unai were not the right men for the club and Edu has little experience in the European market (although Edu has signed some good players this summer). Another problem is our lack of aggression to move forward with key decisions. As much as we love Wenger, he should have left years before. Imagine if we got Klopp in 2014 after the FA Cup win? Think how much better we would have been as a club. That's what a smart club does. They move in quick and don't let things meander into mediocrity. Liverpool sacked Rodgers after bringing to 2nd place the season before. Chelsea sacked their best ever player and got Tuchel.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The article in Athletic today by Amy Lawrence is doing her bit again for the Arteta PR machine.

'Perhaps it is a coincidence, but maybe there is more to it than meets the eye when considering how Partey is not the only coveted Atletico player of recent times, carved out of the Diego Simeone system, who has not relocated well. Saul Niguez looks shellshocked at Chelsea. Antoine Griezmann’s spark was dimmed at Barcelona. All these players have looked unrecognisable away from the foundry that cast them as examples of footballing excellence.'

Maybe @Rex Banter is feeding Amy with information about ex-Atletico players

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
with how bad the manager is does cover over how flakey this group of players also are

who was our last player a bigger club came in for?... not even signed just strong rumours? Ox?

with all the struggles absolutely zero interest around 🤷‍♂️

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

with how bad the manager is does cover over how flakey this group of players also are

who was our last player a bigger club came in for?... not even signed just strong rumours? Ox?

We're at weird stage with guys like Auba toward the end of his career and most of the others guys probably still have to prove themselves over the course of a season or two before there's real interest.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This season is a write off, he wont be here next season bar a miracle imo

Yeah pretty much agree with this. There is no way you can justify the money spent with another failed European spot challenge, especially with one game a week.

He probably has to make 5th or win the FA Cup again to keep his job.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Villa bid for Smith Rowe last summer.

Seriously though, there were some whispers last January that Real Madrid were looking at Gabriel Magalhaes.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Yeah pretty much agree with this. There is no way you can justify the money spent with another failed European spot challenge, especially with one game a week.

He probably has to make 5th or win the FA Cup again to keep his job.
At best we will finish 7th lost 6 games already to achieve anything of note.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I actually want words and phrases like “write off”, “free hit”, “mentality”, “trust the process” and any articles from the Athletic, Gunnerblog or Arseblog to be blocked. If Arteta wants to be Kim Jong Il two can play that game. 1984 type of beat. Call me George Orwell.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I actually want words and phrases like “write off”, “free hit”, “mentality”, “trust the process” and any articles from the Athletic, Gunnerblog or Arseblog to be blocked. If Arteta wants to be Kim Jong Il two can play that game. 1984 type of beat. Call me George Orwell.
All part of the PR bro. Never underestimate the power of slogans. Brexit is slowly crippling the UK but Get Brexit Done, Unleash Britain's Potential and Britain Deserves Better conned the masses.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom