• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Who cares about Emery ffs? Got spanked by Sarri in a cup final, the only cup final Sarri has ever won, he’s lost 5 others.

Played dead football for 18 months, we couldn’t attack or defend. But now you have the Emery pity party, **** off.
Replace Emery with Wenger and the post still works. Pass it on to @Makingtrax

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
In corporate terms, this is called 'rest and vest'. After some years of working hard and jumping companies, you get paid well enough in both cash and stocks that you just start coasting through. Do the bare minimum to make sure that you don't get fired while all the heavy lifting is done by others who are in pursuit of career development. Just get paid ****load and have fun.
As you said, the players who are supposed to be our leaders pumping energy into the squad have just settled down and are more focused on having fun rather than winning. We seriously need to rethink our hiring strategy.
Yes you hit the nail on the head with your comparison. If you arent an ambitious team trying to win the biggest honours, giving large contracts to players like Özil, Luiz and Aubameyang is going to prove a waste of money and in fact hinder you in the long term.

As many pundits have said; we're a Europa League team paying Champions League wages. When you forget about the money and think about the type of players we have, it starts to make a lot of sense as to why we are in a rut.

We need a culture change, we need to build a more humble team rather than pretending to still be a top top club.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Wenger was crap at the end though, I didn’t want him to get his last deal, btw.
Wow I'm surprised I heard that from you. I was under the impression you would protect him blindly no matter what.

I have a lot of respect for Wenger but those last 2 or so years slightly damaged his reputation here, I wanted him to leave so he can protect that. The Bayern, Liverpool, Chelsea, United thrashings were poor, and he should have hung up his boots at the club after a couple of them.

Thankfully he still left us with some success.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal have the most expensive tickets in the world. You can charge top prices but give them something much less.
At the end of the day what you're talking about comes down to the owner showing more ambition. Without that we arent going to be an elite club any time soon.

But we can at least be a top4 club, if we are run well in the Liverpool, Sp**s, Leicester type mould. If you use your resources well you can still get success, I feel like its going to be much more cyclical these days in terms of who's at the top.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wow I'm surprised I heard that from you. I was under the impression you would protect him blindly no matter what.

I have a lot of respect for Wenger but those last 2 or so years slightly damaged his reputation here, I wanted him to leave so he can protect that. The Bayern, Liverpool, Chelsea, United thrashings were poor, and he should have hung up his boots at the club after a couple of them.

Thankfully he still left us with some success.
I was against his last deal for two reasons - he was done as a top top coach, but also because I could see the club were using him to cover their own backside.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I was against his last deal for two reasons - he was done as a top top coach, but also because I could see the club were using him to cover their own backside.
Yeh we regressed a lot in those last few years. If we had been more pro active maybe we wouldnt have been spiralling as viciously as we are now.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Watching Liverpool, you see Van Dijk and Henderson always talking to the players. Don’t see it at Arsenal, really.
We've lacked player leadership for a while now. Manager's job is way easier when you've got general(s) on field keeping everyone in line -- see basically every great PL team of the past two decades.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom