• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
So Conte is better, you concede, how about Pep? How about Tuchel ? How about Klopp? how about Ancellotti? There is 5 off the top of my head that are way better. Which one of those managers is Arteta better than.

I know Artetasexuality means you lose all logical reasoning but apparently it destroys your ability to count and do arithmetic. 5 league titles equal 1 and now Arteta is top 5 in the world. He might be one of top 5 managers in London, I’d take Moyes over him to
Pep, Klopp, Conte, Potter are better.

Tuchel won the UCL with a flukey win, we humiliated Tuchel twice last season with a B squad. Don't chat to me, Arteta is clear.

• Red card
Reactions: Kav

Xln

I'm pretty easy to please and go with the flow kind of guy. I just don't want my club being managed by a man with a glued on toupee. I have standards.
Spot on imagine twerking for this guy
184809_10150100969394678_6147179_n.jpg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Tbf this deserves a serious response.

I don't mind the comparison between Klopp, Arteta etc. because the comparison is a good yardstick of what is (or at least was) possible with a decent budget in the PL.

But at least I'm happy to admit I am comparing them, I feel like you were tiptoeing around that before saying "compare Arsenal project to Liverpool project" when this is just a proxy for the work of the two men, especially when you consider your criticism is that he's been similarly backed is something I actually somewhat agree with, which ironically makes it a fair enough comparison to make.

Conte isn't the same sort of manager, as previously stated, and sure he's probably a better short term guy but he's literally never proved he can build a squad that will challenge long term, and so the pining for him is short termism. I'm not even saying its wrong or whatever, I just prefer the long term types.
I actually expanded it to project because I wanted to be fair to Arteta and admit that Liverpool have supported Klopp with excellent selling and buying. The term project also gave Arteta allowances in terms of him needing to overhaul the squad and so on.

I thought making it a direct manager comparison would be harsh as we’d comparing one of the greats to a newbie. Also compare was probably never the right word, maybe benchmark was more appropriate. I’d love Arteta to match Klopp but he’s miles off, it was more about comparing how off he was and determining if that was acceptable or not. Because for me I’m not sure if it is.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Pep, Klopp, Conte, Potter are better.

Tuchel won the UCL with a flukey win, we humiliated Tuchel twice last season with a B squad. Don't chat to me, Arteta is clear.

Depends on how you look at it IMO.

With proven track record, its not a discussion. Conte is clear of Arteta 10 times over, because Conte has won time and time again, Arteta hasnt. Its the same reason why Mourinho is clear of Conte and Ancelotti is clear of Conte. This is the general standard and why you would be called silly for rating Mikel so highly.

The other way, and probably not accepted by most, is the philosophy of the coach. First you identify what matters to you, and then you choose. That's why you rate Potter and Arteta so highly, because juego de posicion matters to you, and its the basis for the best quality football in the world right now.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
We definitely have a top 5 manager, Arteta is top 5 in London:

1. Conte
2 Tuchel
3. Moyes
4T. Marco Silva and the Artist formerly known as Mik

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Twerking for Klopp is like working in a strip club in Miami, making thousands per night.

Twerking for Mikel is like being in some random strip club in Tijuana that’s a cartel front and a brothel in disguise. Shaking what your momma gave you for a few scrunched up dollars and half a cigarette.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@albakos this should be in the HOF

Xln

Depends on how you look at it IMO.

With proven track record, its not a discussion. Conte is clear of Arteta 10 times over, because Conte has won time and time again, Arteta hasnt. Its the same reason why Mourinho is clear of Conte and Ancelotti is clear of Conte. This is the general standard and why you would be called silly for rating Mikel so highly.

The other way, and probably not accepted by most, is the philosophy of the coach. First you identify what matters to you, and then you choose. That's why you rate Potter and Arteta so highly, because juego de posicion matters to you, and its the basis for the best quality football in the world right now.
As I said above, during a serious post, Conte is just better than Arteta but I wouldn't want him here seeing a defensive 343. I only watch the Arsenal and if this type of coach comes in I'd just quit watching football forever tbf.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
There are many things that cost us, but the refereeing in our game against Sp**s was a key one.
I am still yet to hear any compelling argument as to why Son was not sent off and why that penalty was given. I think only Sp**s fans thought those were fair decisions.

Newcastle were on holiday, there was the Everton game, plenty of other examples we should have been doing better and maybe if we took a gamble on a Guimarães we would be playing the CL.

Rob Holding deserved to be sent off. Even after the Sp**s game we still only depended on ourselves to knick it.

Arsenal has itself to blame.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Conte probably would have sold Saliba because he's too young. Saka would still be playing Lb and Conte would've already left

D

Deleted member 102404

Fair enough, but I also think that there should be a point in this process where there is no doubt about our direction anymore. And I think Champions League football this season is that undeniable point. That happens this season IMO.

The 'project' rightfully is a success once we lift a significant title again, once we are one of the first in line for an elite level talent, once teams like Palace would not dare try and bully us as we see when they play Liverpool.
Agree… we have to see the right steps on the way. I actually think Arteta will be sacked if we don’t get CL football back by the end of this season, either through the league or the EL.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
How's it compare to twerking on a Thursday in Mexico?
I don’t know mate I am in sheer exhaustion trying to party like I am 26 when I am 46 combined with the humidity I am not used to and the fact that after 25 years of an office work I get up at 530-630 regardless of when I went to sleep is wrecking me. I need a vacation from my vacation. But the women and clubs definitely Primo, I am just too old for this

SA Gunner

As I said above, during a serious post, Conte is just better than Arteta but I wouldn't want him here seeing a defensive 343. I only watch the Arsenal and if this type of coach comes in I'd just quit watching football forever tbf.

100%

If you love Conte, you better off hiring Mourinho and backing him to Arteta levels, we would do far far more.

The managers you consider for Arsenal are Pep, Klopp, Potter, Tuchel, Luis Enrique, Gaultier, De Zerbi, Ten Hag, Rose, Nagelmsan, Favre. All promoters of front foot, possession based football.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 102404

Newcastle were on holiday, there was the Everton game, plenty of other examples we should have been doing better and maybe if we took a gamble on a Guimarães we would be playing the CL.

Rob Holding deserved to be sent off. Even after the Sp**s game we still only depended on ourselves to knick it.

Arsenal has itself to blame.
Holding didn’t deserve to get sent off imo… at least not overall because Son should not have been on the pitch at the time. Son 100% deserved a red card.

I do agree there were other factors in not getting 4th. Not all about the officials cheating in the Sp**s game.

The 3 game run of losses vs Palace Brighton and Southampton was a disaster and gave the officials the opportunity to cheat and influence the league later on vs Sp**s.

SA Gunner

Agree… we have to see the right steps on the way. I actually think Arteta will be sacked if we don’t get CL football back by the end of this season, either through the league or the EL.

Im not so sure to be honest.

I think the club are looking at things longer term, I would predict that even if we miss out on top four again this year, Arteta will survive. For Arteta to get the boot this season, we'd need to seriously fall off, like bottom half of the table and exits from cups. Finishing in the top 6/8 and a decent run in the EL should be enough for the club I think.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom