• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This, this and this again. One game a week, United Leicester and Leicester all dropping off big time and every single one of our rivals dealing with European football.

Does any Arteta fan actually disagree with this? If you do, are you sure you actually rate him?

I disagree with this. You can’t predict football so teams could be worse next year and we could get better?

Yes the odds are slimmer but who thought Leicester and United would drop off this year? No one, so it can happen again.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Maybe next year Arteta has an attack he’s built, he’s maybe also got another midfielder in, we also have a younger team with a full season under their belt so the team is more gelled. 5th/6th this year is disappointing but it’s not going to be the end of the world.

blrgooner

Established Member
This, this and this again. One game a week, United Leicester and Leicester all dropping off big time and every single one of our rivals dealing with European football.

Does any Arteta fan actually disagree with this? If you do, are you sure you actually rate him?
I have said it before but my aim is that we should get 68-70 points. If we don`t finish in top 4 with that many points, it means that one of the other top teams did not "drop off" big time(We would have finished 3rd with 70 points last season).

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

This is the thing, if you've got any faith in Arteta then surely you must back him to achieve this this season, I honestly believe any decent manager at least pushes for top 4 until the end.

I assume most Arteta fans believe in him to at least achieve this, otherwise do they actually rate him at all? And if they don't believe it's possible how much more and how much longer will it take? Because I don't think we get a better opportunity than this again unless we go out and sign genuine world class players next summer.

The "young squad" and "23 is the new 17" nonsense will be used by them.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Maybe next year Arteta has an attack he’s built, he’s maybe also got another midfielder in, we also have a younger team with a full season under their belt so the team is more gelled. 5th/6th this year is disappointing but it’s not going to be the end of the world.

Its his attack. He has extended/signed most of them.

blrgooner

Established Member
I disagree with this. You can’t predict football so teams could be worse next year and we could get better?

Yes the odds are slimmer but who thought Leicester and United would drop off this year? No one, so it can happen again.
From the around 15 years I have been following this site (And football fans in general) , The general perception has always been that "Next year all the teams will be better than this year". Especially during the transfer season the narrative is always "All the other teams have improved but we haven`t".
Apparently all the other teams haven`t improved though since the league hasn`t got stronger. But the narrative still remains though its blatantly contradictory with the idea that the league hasn`t gotten stronger

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

As if I read this lolllll

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I have said it before but my aim is that we should get 68-70 points. If we don`t finish in top 4 with that many points, it means that one of the other top teams did not "drop off" big time(We would have finished 3rd with 70 points last season).
Yeah a good point total would also be acceptable tbh.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Two of our rivals for fourth (they weren’t really considered rivals before the season started) have just binned their managers—managers that I have little doubt would continued to struggle and staggered home some way short of our points total. That changed. It’s a more even fight now but still think we should be ahead of them at the end. Maintaining the advantage and keeping momentum is what we should be judged on now.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Maintaining the advantage and keeping momentum is what we should be judged on now.
That’s it really, I don’t rate Arteta enough to say he could finish ahead of a fully prepared United or Sp**s but the bar is lower. It’s just a case of not bottling it really, those two sides are going to drop loads of points, as are West Ham.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta has to finish ahead of Sp**s this season. Sure they've got Conte, but their dressing room is toxic, their best player doesn't want to be there, they've signed some duds in the summer, and the overall quality of ther team, especially defence, is really poor.

At this point I think we should be coming 4th this season. No Europe, biggest transfer window (in which the players have gelled well), rivals in crisis. We are also Arsenal, we have to have standards.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Arteta has to finish ahead of Sp**s this season. Sure they've got Conte, but their dressing room is toxic, their best player doesn't want to be there, they've signed some duds in the summer, and the overall quality of ther team, especially defence, is really poor.

At this point I think we should be coming 4th this season. No Europe, biggest transfer window (in which the players have gelled well), rivals in crisis. We are also Arsenal, we have to have standards.
Finishing behind West Ham hurts more these days. West Ham ffs 🤦🏼‍♂️

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Finishing behind West Ham hurts more these days. West Ham ffs 🤦🏼‍♂️

Yeah, I mean that's a given. I think no Europe is being underestimated, reckon it probably gives a team at least an extra 5 points over a season, and that's being conservative.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

He's spot on here, like the Tavares incident Vs Liverpool. Most were ready to crucify him on here and wanted him punished and dropped for the next game. Thankfully Arteta is smart to know that backing him and allowing him to make these mistakes will do him far more good.

I still want him benched. Its easy to look good against the worst team in the league but against top teams this guy should be on the bench.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom