• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miroslav Klose

Bulldogg

Looks like the german press is trying to push the value of striker Klose with spreading news like this!
Have not found anything on this topic yet so I guess its merely made up by some rainbow journalists :roll:

If you're interested here's the link

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport1.de/de/apps/news/news-meldung/news_162617.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport1.de/de/apps/news/news- ... 62617.html</a>

It says roughly: After his 4 goals in the WC Group Stages Miroslav Klose has drawn the interest of foreign clubs.

Klose's advisor Alexander Schütt has confirmed that there exist inquires from european top clubs, throughout these are allegedly Manchester United and Arsenal London.

Werder Bremen don't want to sell him as he's very valuable.
Klaus Allofs, the sports direktor (?) stated that he's not for sale.

Army of Me

Established Member
any chance you could translate for us? i can't move it without knowing what it says (although I get the general idea).

Ratinho

Established Member
Brilliant and massively underrated goalpoacher. Would be very happy, but it'd make Adebayor almost obselete already, unless he's willing to be a reserve for 2-3 years.

* cue lots of moronic 'Adebayor is already crap' and 'Klose is s**t, wouldn't want him' posts. :)

asajoseph

Established Member
Klose and Adebayor are very different, it has to be said: if we ended up with a forward line of Henry, Adebayor, RVP, Klose and Walcott (and you can bet we won't), every single one of those guys would bring a completely different style to the table (apart from possibly Walcott and Henry, although they're leagues apart in terms of current ability)- would be a very interesting combination.

Ratinho

Established Member
I know they are completely different, however never underestimate the minds of people here, who seem to think in terms of a players postition and size as apose to have ever watching them.

Stand by what I said thoug. Ade wouldn't see much important game time, if we had RvP, Henry and Klose. All a class above him at this stage, Klose a couple of classes, and Henry on another level.

jester

Established Member
adebayor is already crap, klose is sh*t, i wouldnt want him.

tbh i havent seen anywhere near as much of him as i'd like to make a comment, but i do hope wenger takes his own advice and doesnt buy players on a few good world cup games

Legend#1

Established Member
Klose is a wonderful goalscorer, world class infact, his off the ball movement is superb too.

But I haven't seen loads of him tbh.

stiiphunn

Established Member
jester said:

tbh i havent seen anywhere near as much of him as i'd like to make a comment, but i do hope wenger takes his own advice and doesnt buy players on a few good world cup games

? Have you ever watched any Bundesliga games?

Klose has been impressive this season, scoring goals and making assits- he really is a superb player, and the numbers are there to confirm it.

asajoseph

Established Member
Apart from that, he scored 25 goals in 26 games this season in the Bundesliga - that's pretty hot, you have to admit.

Historically, he's been a decent but not outstanding goalscorer, one of those players who just knows where to be to get chances, but he really broke out this year - not sure his all-round game is all that superb, but goals is goals m'lud...

jester

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
jester said:

? Have you ever watched any Bundesliga games?

Klose has been impressive this season, scoring goals and making assits- he really is a superb player, and the numbers are there to confirm it.

gees, read my post... i'll highlight it for you....

Walcott_is_our_savior

I wondered how long it would take before he was linked with a move. It usually happens to players when they are playing well in major tournaments.

I think he is exactly the type of striker we need a fox in the box who could score 20+ goals a season. He could take some of the pressure off Henry.

He would also be a great partner for any of the aforementioned strikers.

asajoseph

Established Member
Klose's only scored more than 20 a season once before though - whilst he's been decent in the past, he's really broken out this year. I'd be more inclined to take it as a career year, than an indication of things to come though...

Personally, I like Klose. But he'll cost a lot of money after last season and this World Cup, and frankly I think we could do much better.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
klose is not flashy... he's dull to watch, in all honesty. but they guy is hardworking and incredibly prolific. i would not mind him at Arsenal. he loves playing inside the box and is an excellent finisher. i certainly would not mind him in red and white.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
klose is like toni, a late bloomer. if they have blossom quicker, then they will be world class already. a pity both is already 28.

klose is very good player, a fitb, a real poacher. unfortunately at 28, he is unlikely to starr for arsenal for many years even if he can be excellent from now till 3 or 4 years later, and its unlikely Arsène will buy a 28 year old striker

Gurgen

Established Member
Good player, unfortunately he's the German Trezeguet.

I'd sign him, I just feel for Henry.

morpho

Established Member
my mothers friend has an uncle who knows a guy that has a kid in the same kindergarten as another guy who works in the postoffice in the same town as Arsène Wenger lives. He accidentaly opened one of AW's letter and he can confirm that all these transfer rumours are SHAIT!!

junialum

gunnertilldeath said:
klose is not flashy... he's dull to watch, in all honesty. but they (this) guy is hardworking and incredibly prolific. i would not mind him at Arsenal. he loves playing inside the box and is an excellent finisher. i certainly would not mind him in red and white.

He is the guy we need. A fox in the box.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom