• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miroslav Klose

Kenyonhater

F_Henry said:
He's too old to come to Arsenal right now, the only type of player at that age that'd be welcome at aresenal is a goalie. He might be World Class but he's way too old.... And in a couple of seasons Walcott will be the perferct strike partner for Henry. Both have speed and are unselfish. So, bringing Klose would be pointless lets not forget, we have Carlos Vela arriving soon, Klose would take up valuable minutes from them.

How old are you, mate? 13? So Klose is way too old at 28 but in a couple of years Walcott will be the perfect partner for Henry, when Theo is 19 and Titi is, er, 31. Oh and Vela will be 19 then, too. This youth obsession is getting just a tad ridiculous. Whilst I'm all in favour of us developing young, talented players the children amongst us have got to learn that you don't win major trophies without a blend of youth and experience. Look at the average age of our title-winning sides of '98 (ancient history, I know, but you can still find the DVD if you search hard enough),'02 and '04 and you'll get the picture. We even had key players OVER THE AGE OF 30 !!

Believe it or not, it is possible to score important goals at the highest level beyond the age of 27. I think you'll find the following players have done it at the current World Cup :- Klose (4), Frings, Wanchope (2), Delgado (2), Neuville, Kaviedes, Gomez, Bosacki (2), Ljungberg, Allback, Larsson, Crespo (2), Drogba, Van Nistelrooy, Kalou, Ilic, Zinha, Golmohammadi, Pauleta, Deco, Maniche, Bakhtiarizadeh, Koller, Materazzi, Inzaghi, Aloisi, Ronaldo (2), Juninho, Gilberto, N.Kovac, Moore, Ahn J-H, Raul, Mnari, Jaidi, Rebrov, Shevchenko and our beloved Thierry. How did they all manage it with those creaky old limbs? Astonishing!

kym7224

Before Czech vs Italy game AW guest pundit to Japanese Fuji TV and talk about WC strikers potential to be win the Golden shoe.

On Klose : Klose is intelligent and has good movement in front of goals. -is What AW said by himself, but he fancys Torres to win the Top scorer in this World cup and Klose can be second choice for it.

AFCFan4Ever

I like Klose and think he could succeed with us but 15 mil. for a 28 yr. old striker that is wildly erratic and is streaky is maddening IMO. No way we should pay that much, 10 mil. at the most.

kym7224

His contract end at 2008 so he cant be 15M, 10M will be enough and Klose always saying he want to go to abroad so maybe can be cheaper.

But if bidding war start, then I think Wenger will not pay 15M for him

kopzilla

Always Negative
morpho said:
my mothers friend has an uncle who knows a guy that has a kid in the same kindergarten as another guy who works in the postoffice in the same town as Arsène Wenger lives. He accidentaly opened one of AW's letter and he can confirm that all these transfer rumours are SHAIT!!

:lol: ....nice one

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Jaz.14 said:
I cant believe how hype some people get as soon as were linked to any players that arent kids. Klose is your average striker with an average abiility. What the hell is it about him thats going to improve arsenal? i say f*** him, we can do better, alot better! same thing happened about podolski and people started saying 'o yea o mani would cream my pants if he came' what the hell is wrong!! Podolski = overrated, Klose = very average. I would be more than shocked if any one of them came!!!!!

25 goals last season in bundesliga...

4 goals in WC group stage...

hardly the achievement of an average player with an average ability mate...

sure he was kind of average when he was in kaiserslauten but since he arrived at werder bremen, he's been hitting the top form of his life (although it's a tad late but hey some people are late bloomers)...

he's a world class poacher... i dont mind having him at arsenal but i'm sure Arsène can find somebody else who possesses the same set of skills but comes with a cheaper price tag...

that said i think it's inappropriate to call him average... afterall he wasn't being hyped that much before and before we know it, bang he came in with massive explosion...

i hope he'll win the golden boot regardless whether germany will play in the final or not because 4 WC goals in 3 games is just phenomenal... keep up the good job!

Arnie

I have to say, i'm not too bothered if we don't get any more players, but if i was greedy, i would want another striker of quality, adebayor and Walcott are not going to be prolific, either we get another striker or we play 4-5-1 in the prem, we are becoming like england, one star striker, the rest can be good but need to be brought on and are not the immediate future, and the midfield looks quality!!

Arsenal_FAN1983

I am not too sure about Klose as he has not been a player I have been following. Also Germany havn't played difficult opposition yet, so I am not too convinced of his ability yet.

Anyone know how many goals he scored for Bremen last season??

asajoseph

Established Member
Players like Toni are exceptionally rare - less rare are good players having one great year, and that's what I think's happened to Klose this season, to be honest.

As I've said before, I do think he's a good player, but I don't believe that his goalscoring tally of 25 in 26 is something that will be indicative of the rest of his career. Furthermore, we have to remember that the Bundesliga is a step down from the Premiership in terms of quality, and I think that's something that could affect any move to the Premiership.

Emile Heskey's Bitch

asajoseph said:
Players like Toni are exceptionally rare - less rare are good players having one great year, and that's what I think's happened to Klose this season, to be honest.

As I've said before, I do think he's a good player, but I don't believe that his goalscoring tally of 25 in 26 is something that will be indicative of the rest of his career. Furthermore, we have to remember that the Bundesliga is a step down from the Premiership in terms of quality, and I think that's something that could affect any move to the Premiership.

Could not agree more.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
I am not too sure about Klose as he has not been a player I have been following. Also Germany havn't played difficult opposition yet, so I am not too convinced of his ability yet.

Anyone know how many goals he scored for Bremen last season??

the season before he scored 15...

kym7224

15M is what Jens said he has that kind of value, he is only 2 years left in his contract so he can't be that expensive. He is 28 start of his prime I welcome him if Arsène sign him he is really a poacher type we don't have.

whoztheman

why are we being linked to strikers...saviola...now klose. we dont need strikers...more urgently we need a decent defensive midfielder, and a world class center back.

Clarkey

Paper says player from same country wants talking point of said country at his club. Its a load of tosh. I'm sure Pascal Cygan would love David Bellion at the club because he is French, its not going to happen is it. Its the Sun and The Mirror reporting this for crying out loud.

Harding

klose...yet another striker linked with us, how many is that now? torres, ibrahimovic, trezeguet, saviola and now klose....however all of these rumours have surely got to point to a big name striker signing because i havent heard wenger deny any of these rumours and now lehman is "urging" wenger to make a move for klose so who knows? he is good in the air, clinical finisher and still only 27 so could be a realistic signing

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom