• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: What is he good 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Any quotes from Wenger on what type of player or role he views this guy?

“Overall I believe he will be a good addition to the squad,” the boss told Arsenal Player. “First he has not come in straight to a big club, he had an intermediate stay in Europe so the adaptation is less of a question mark.

“He is 23 years old and has already got Champions League, Europa League and Swiss League experience. He is a player who is adaptable in midfield.

“He can be box to box and be a holding midfielder so that is for us very promising. We wanted a versatile player and I wanted a player who can play defensive but can as well play to box to box.

“His strengths are his technical level, his vision, his intelligence, his disciplined attitude and his physical attitude to compete at a high level. I think he has the physical qualities to play at the top level.

“Where he needs to adapt is to the challenges, the force needed in the Premier League to survive. I think that could demand a little bit of adaptation. But overall I think he has all the attributes to do well.”

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-ar...y-elneny-can-be-a-success#7YFIdxRgMqKAglly.99

blaze_of_glory

Yup, seems a typical Wenger player in that he feels he can play multiple roles. Wenger loves his versatile players.

skip spence

Finally!

Don't know much about the fella but we sorely need another sturdy midfielder who can play too and I think he might be a good signing, inch Allah

VibrantGooner

Mmm

When I put this into google it translates

''Mrehabkm in only Rsnal Iamamed''

???

The words are slightly written out of place (two words were connected together twice and one word was split in half) and it was referring to Mohammed in plural rather than singular. The english equivalent (roughly) of what was written is this : "AllWelcome to A arsenal OMohammed"

So don't go all hating on Google Translate!!!

Try this: "مرحبا بك في الارسنال يا محمد"

You will still get "Hello" for the first word instead of "Welcome" but thats the best we can have out of Google Translate :).

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
The words are slightly written out of place (two words were connected together twice and one word was split in half) and it was referring to Mohammed in plural rather than singular. The english equivalent (roughly) of what was written is this : "AllWelcome to A arsenal OMohammed"

So don't go all hating on Google Translate!!!

Try this: "مرحبا بك في الارسنال يا محمد"

You will still get "Hello" for the first word instead of "Welcome" but thats the best we can have out of Google Translate :).
how good is google translate with arabic, always wondering, never used it because since i dont know the lenguage i dont know if im getting a good translation or not.

skummm

I wonder who the dodgy Scouser was who delayed the transfer until after last night's match? :p

Welcome Mr Elneny....I sincerely hope you will fight more for the ball than Arteta did last night for the Benteke assist!

(not exactly a challenge, that :lol:)

VibrantGooner

how good is google translate with arabic, always wondering, never used it because since i dont know the lenguage i dont know if im getting a good translation or not.

If you put the structure of the sentence right you should get a fair result. It will never be 100% accurate because english has around 1 million words (please don't hate me if my sources are wrong :rolleyes:) while arabic has at least 90 million words (up to 500 million), and if you try to translate these little words across to english half the time you won't find the equivalent words in english.

In sum:
Just make sure you are putting a well structured sentence and you will get a translation that will give you a general idea of the content.

Of course there are like 20+ different arabic dialects (each country speaks one) that deviate from the original or formal arabic (the language used in official papers and announcements), in which case your only hope of finding the translation of that is to actually ask someone who speaks arabic...

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
If you put the structure of the sentence right you should get a fair result. It will never be 100% accurate because english has around 1 million words (please don't hate me if my sources are wrong :rolleyes:) while arabic has at least 90 million words (up to 500 million), and if you try to translate these little words across to english half the time you won't find the equivalent words in english.

In sum:
Just make sure you are putting a well structured sentence and you will get a translation that will give you a general idea of the content.

Of course there are like 20+ different arabic dialects (each country speaks one) that deviate from the original or formal arabic (the language used in official papers and announcements), in which case your only hope of finding the translation of that is to actually ask someone who speaks arabic...
i noticed the same about chinnese and russian, it gives u an idea of what the sentence means, but generally its not very accuarate.
Im getting cultivated in Arabic traditions because im studing theology, but i found really hard to find some books that i would love to read. They are generally only in Arabic, and the english translations are quite poor, so its really hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom