• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Most overrated Arsenal players

GDeep™

League is very weak
Özil in Arsenal is very overrated.

He was good player before,no doubt about that.
Yet his stats are identical if not better than Cesc, won more too. His 2015 season here is also none of the best individual PL seasons from an Arsenal player.

Wish some of you wouldn’t post so much ****.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It has got to be Ramsey.

Some posters here still claim that selling him is the sole reason we dropped off this season

:lol:

In all honesty, on his day you could truly mistake him for world class but he was nowhere near consistent enough to warrant the praise that some arsenal fans used to throw his way.
I do think injuries really shafted him

Bellerin is one my favourite arsenal player. But a lot the praise he gets is due to the fantastic 2014/2015 season where he was in the PFA team of the season and nominated for PFA young player of the year.

Song was also very overrated.

Giroud has to be one the most overrated arsenal player. Anytime you criticize him, you were met with "but he won the world cup with France and fa cups with arsenal" argument

Last edited:

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Tell us more? Because he wasn’t even rated as a footballer.

If anything he was underrated. Goals, assists, individual moments, scored in big games, ALWAYS helped us get top 4.

He was overrated.It was big hype about him when he was called to play in England at WC 2006 and they made some big talent out of him.

What was so speical about him ? Every player has some moments that you mentioned,so it's not so big deal.Without speed,can's see any big weapon from him,bad technique,poor dribling,average shot,weak for EPL.And he was regular player for us for 7-8 years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah, Ramsey so overrated he joined Juventus after turning down 4/5 other super clubs according to Ornestein.

Arsenal aren’t good enough for a lad like Rambo.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, Ramsey so overrated he joined Juventus after turning down 4/5 other super clubs according to Ornestein.

Arsenal aren’t good enough for a lad like Rambo.

Who would you compare Ramsey to? In terms over other midfielders?

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
That's different than being overrated, he was an injury prone player but still very talented.

Again, the thread is about overrated players, not players who couldn't make it here because of the injuries. You can't have a player that had one of the worst injuries in football history and say he was overrated, he barely played and people usually admire his insane finishing ability, nothing else.

Mert - was lucky enough to have Kos next to him when we were defending hight. Not a bad player bad just didn't fit that system.
Xhaka - I still can't believe how much support this bum gets and so many people think he should be our default starter.
Özil - I can't remember a single player that lived on his past glory as long as this guy does. The guy is dead as a player for the last 4-5 years with an occasional good match to fill some youtube highlights against the bottom teams
Giroud - mediocre striker that looked better than he was just because some top players were around him. His hold up play was the most overrated attribute I've seen from an Arsenal player
Giroud's hold-up play was/is pathetic! A first-time aimless flick to a teammate who's nowhere near does not constitute good hold-up or link-up play for ****'s sake.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It has got to be Ramsey.

Some posters here still claim that selling him is the sole reason we dropped off this season

:lol:

In all honesty, on his day you could truly mistake him for world class but he was nowhere near consistent enough to warrant the praise that some arsenal fans used to throw his way.
I do think injuries really shafted him

He saved our season, well Emery putting him and Özil back in the team made us a much better side, then when Ramsey got injured apart from the Valencia game we well off. This is undeniable. Like you can still think he's overrated but you cannot deny that last season we were a better team with rather than without Ramsey in it. Changed the game vs Sp**s at home, scored against them away, excellent vs Chelsea, played in key EL games.

Consistency and injuries are valid points. Heck given that he's still struggled with Juve and what he's earning we were probably right to get rid of him. However we can still say, 1. we've come absolutely nowhere close to replacing him. Heck we flat out didn't. 2. the entire situation could've been handled better and 3. we were a better team with him in it. This doesn't necessarily mean we should have kept him, or that he was world class or that we should overlook the consistency and injury issues. Not everything has to be so black and white. And we see this with more players than Ramsey btw.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Lampard and Gerrard level. Just injury prone.
Even when he wasn't injury prone he was inconsistent.

I think his 2013/2014 season massively inflated his reputation.

Gerrard and lampard were positionally and tactically sound unlike Ramsey. They didn't abandon their position exposing the team to counters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He was overrated.It was big hype about him when he was called to play in England at WC 2006 and they made some big talent out of him.

What was so speical about him ? Every player has some moments that you mentioned,so it's not so big deal.Without speed,can's see any big weapon from him,bad technique,poor dribling,average shot,weak for EPL.And he was regular player for us for 7-8 years.

At the time people thought it was ridiculous that Walcott was brought to that world cup.

His scoring and assist record is pretty solid for a guy constantly criticised and seen as not good enough. His finishing also improved over the years I thought. He was limited but decent in his role I felt.

I don't see many people hailing him as world class or anything like that. In fact most people just see him as ok, he was probably overhyped when he was youngster due to price and the inevitable comparisons to Henry at the time, something which he was never gonna live up to but I feel like he had a fairly decent career. Not many wide players have produced what he's done over that period.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Giroud's hold-up play was/is pathetic! A first-time aimless flick to a teammate who's nowhere near does not constitute good hold-up or link-up play for ****'s sake.
Was about to post this. Giroud's holdup play was massively overrated. He was decent at it. That's just it. He had the body to shield the ball but didn't have the technique to do so. A very clever defender could easily poke the ball off his feet.

I think his one-touch passes and his flashy flicks has probably skewed people's opinion of him

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
At the time people thought it was ridiculous that Walcott was brought to that world cup.

His scoring and assist record is pretty solid for a guy constantly criticised and seen as not good enough. His finishing also improved over the years I thought. He was limited but decent in his role I felt.

I don't see many people hailing him as world class or anything like that. In fact most people just see him as ok, he was probably overhyped when he was youngster due to price and the inevitable comparisons to Henry at the time, something which he was never gonna live up to but I feel like he had a fairly decent career. Not many wide players have produced what he's done over that period.

Don't know,but think there was a lot of more talented players in EPL that could do better than Theo.And like i wrote,that hype started since WC 2006 and comparing him to Henry and all that bullshit.

Statistic can cover up some things about player and make him better than he really is.And to be frank,he played in offsensive team,so it was eaasier for him to score and assist.

Reckon that he was more effective when he wasn't in first team and when he came from bench and made some difference.And season 2011-12 was quite good.If you watch him alone as a player,you can see lot limitations about him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can't comment on Szczesny but Fab is about the same level he was here. Still makes the same dopey mistakes he always has. Just doesn't get highlighted so much at such a terrible club.

Proper “yer da” stuff this.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom