• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MOTD thread

MaestroCesc

Robbie Savage has always had it in for us, but hes gone a step further by now declaring we arent a big club...

MaestroCesc

yousif_arsenal said:
Robbie Savage hate arsenal. he is just a c**t.
Im pretty sure he doesnt watch any of our games just sees the final score and makes analysis from there

Oh ye and the way hes always banging on about our defense, especially during last season when most of our defenders were injured

dpt49

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
Robbie Savage has always had it in for us, but hes gone a step further by now declaring we arent a big club...
Martin Keown made him look an idiot after one of our games last season.
I don't know why he gets work as a pundit, he would be better suited as a model for womens shampoo.

MaestroCesc

dpt49 said:
MaestroCesc said:
I don't know why he gets work as a pundit, he would be better suited as a model for womens shampoo.
Didnt see it, what happened?

dpt49

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
dpt49 said:
MaestroCesc said:
Didnt see it, what happened?
I can't remember much about it but it was a couple of seasons ago and they were standing on the pitch being interviewed after a game, when Savage started criticising us unfairly.
Keown seemed to take offence to this and calmly and rather articulately put Savage in his place.

I think a couple of other posters remarked on it at the time.

Keown, and Dixon as well, are two of the best pundits that are ex Arsenal players who are not overly biased towards us.
But as I've said before, for what ever reason, Savage and especially Lawrenson, can barely hide their dislike for us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think you guys take Savage too seriously tbh, he likes to wind up - and not only Gooners. Its people like the bitter Alan Hansen who really me turn me off.

MaestroCesc

Yeah i agree, annoying that Dixon never got upgraded from Motd2 to Motd, he speaks so much sense compared to Lawrenson/Shearer. Now he has made the switch to ITV which have so many adverts the pundits never have enough time to do much analysis. Keown is also very good

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Agreed, Savage probably has ADD or something, don't pay too much attention to him.

People like Hansen or Chiles get on my nerves far more, the ****s need a good smack in the face every now and then to come down to earth imo.

GOONER1991

Established Member
After Hazard scores his penalty against Newcastle:

"Newcastle suffer the penalty of a hazardous challenge in the box"

This made me laugh lol.

MaestroCesc

Lol anyone see Lawrenson's shirt? He reminds me alot of Snoopy. I was surprised Chelsea were 4th i thought they would be earlier

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That fat **** of a commentator Pearce loves saying Azzar, the ****** needs to shut the **** up.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
HT analysis, Gary Neville spot on, Redknapp just repeats a little of it, adds some of his **** and some random comment about how tough Stoke is. Nothing new here.

MaestroCesc

Out of all the sports channel i.e BBC, ITV, ESPN, Sky etc who do you think has the best knowledge and analysis i would say Sky

Irish_Owen

Established Member
Sky are the most neutral, and most accurate with their analysis, usually.

BBC are just overly bias towards some teams but do some great pieces of analysis from time to time, but combined with the fact that Shearer and Hansen openly dislike Arsenal, it's usually focused on the negatives when they decide to spend more than 10 seconds talking about us. And well, ESPN and ITV are just hopeless. The fact Keegan is a lead pundit on ESPN says it all, and their commentary duo make my blood boil.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sky in a different league to the BBC, hard to take ITV and ESPN seriously with the breaks tbh. Though ESPN Press pass is a good watch, im quite high on Mustoe and Jannuz (can't be bothered to google his name and spell it correctly), Marcotti too when he is on, even Lebouf.

MaestroCesc

Irish_Owen said:
Sky are the most neutral, and most accurate with their analysis, usually.

BBC are just overly bias towards some teams but do some great pieces of analysis from time to time, but combined with the fact that Shearer and Hansen openly dislike Arsenal, it's usually focused on the negatives when they decide to spend more than 10 seconds talking about us. And well, ESPN and ITV are just hopeless. The fact Keegan is a lead pundit on ESPN says it all, and their commentary duo make my blood boil.
So true this isnt biased, but we never get mentions on programs like MOTD2 or Football Focus

AFC-Phil

Established Member
jones said:
HT analysis, Gary Neville spot on, Redknapp just repeats a little of it, adds some of his **** and some random comment about how tough Stoke is. Nothing new here.

I think it's hilarious tbh. Redknapp has sprouted the same drivel for years and clearly feels threatened by Neville who has shown surperior analysis after a year in punditry. So to change this he repeats Neville for the most part and adds a bit of BS on the side. He even says "Gary" on every single point without fail. What's funnier is that Neville clearly knows this and has stopped taking him seriously. Kudos to him.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom