• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nasri's contract situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibby

Established Member
TomasCR said:
ibby said:
He hasn't done a 'Hleb' or 'Adebayor' or even a 'Fabregas'. He has done whatever any professional career-thinking person would do - leave a sinking ship.
He wanted to earn more money than Fabregas when he was still here and wanted to leave as soon as he found out we were not going to agree with that to begin with, that's where the whole story began I believe.

Agree that he should have been offered a new contract sooner and Wenger should have spent to persuade his big players to stay. City will finish in the big 4, we won't, fair enough.
He was going to sign a contract we offered and then Citeh came in with the offer too good to refuse is what I've been told to believe by Phillipe Auclair.

TomasCR

Established Member
Don't know how it really was Ibby, one thing Wenger is right on though is that it's hard to fight with the clubs around when they have the money to offer your best players two times more. Nasri is gone and Wenger must buy now.

mistaT

Established Member
Dislike him and the move but I can certainly see why he moved.

Imagine it from his position - Playing for an Arsenal team down to one, maybe two (Vermalean), world class players doesn't motivate players to stick around....especially with the rest of the team filled by youngsters or injury prone squad players.

Add to that he will win trophies this year and be paid triple his old salary to do it.

No wonder he moved.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Well done you, for bumping this.

Oh **** now i have...well done us.

progman07

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Don't know how it really was Ibby, one thing Wenger is right on though is that it's hard to fight with the clubs around when they have the money to offer your best players two times more. Nasri is gone and Wenger must buy now.

We could at least show some f*cking ambition, or even the Arsenal-fan players like Jack and Robin will leave.

They want to win trophies, they won't wait forever till Wenger's little projects work out.

Nasri was absolutely justified to be honest, Man City finished above us, who would you want to play with - Silva, Tevez and Aguero, or Walcott, Chamakh and Gibbs? Money is just a part of it.

By the way, how is it in Arsenal Talk?

karl

There is nothing clever about joining an already successful team and I am sure Nasri would not be going to City if the wages were half. If those two players had put in what they were really capable of last season, we may well have won something.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Nasri's ambitious and he feels that Citeh will offer him a greater hope of fulfilling his ambitions. On what I have seen so far this season, he could be absolutely correct.

However, having never really achieved much and just really beginning to show the talent (consistently) that Wenger had seen and invested in, you might have expected him to sign his new contract when it had been offered. To have one great 1/2 season and then **** off is just plain and utter ****ery. He has shown no loyalty to the club who in his own admission made him the player he "is" now.

He went for the $$$ and the glory end of story! And as fans who remain loyal to one club for most of our lives that rankles with us and so it should and we shall never get used to it no matter how many times it happens. He went missing when we needed him Jan-May and he went missing when we needed him to commit this season. So, eff off.

Arsenal fans up and down the country took him to heart and sang his name loud and proud-it hurts to be jilted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom