• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

New Football Kits

GDeep™

League is very weak
The furore is because they have tampered with the Engerland flag. Just typical racism as usual. We've gone completely backwards since Brexit.

Who is being racist? Nobody cares about the olympics. Football is the national sport and the shirt is considered more sacred.

I don’t see why Nike would be allowed to tamper the flag. Not only the colour, the shape is totally wrong too.

GDeep™

League is very weak
View attachment 22629
You can't really tell in that pic but the top right 1 has crosses in multiple colours. The ****** moaning today would probably say all the colours make a rainbow, OUTRAGEOUS!
You’re on about something different. That’s the England badge, not the St George’s flag - which is the issue.

One is a football badge, the other is the flag of England. The issue is the latter.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Who is being racist? Nobody cares about the olympics. Football is the national sport and the shirt is considered more sacred.

I don’t see why Nike would be allowed to tamper the flag. Not only the colour, the shape is totally wrong too.
You think Nike decided hey we gonna change the colour of England flag. The FA asked them please don’t. Nike says no we can do whatever we want?

Or maybe this is from the FA who instructed Nike to do this

GDeep™

League is very weak
You think Nike decided hey we gonna change the colour of England flag. The FA asked them please don’t. Nike says no we can do whatever we want?

Or maybe this is from the FA who instructed Nike to do this
Yeah my post was wrong, it’s not Nike it’s the FA.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice

Sad Democratic Party GIF by The Democrats

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah my post was wrong, it’s not Nike it’s the FA.
Yeah which is why I don’t get why the people in the FA behind it won’t come forward and explain their decision. Nike is getting bashed while they staying quite. All it has done is give some right wingers more ammunition crying about now they coming for our flag.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Nike specifically said they changed the flag design to promote "inclusivity" . Which is a political stance and implies various things.

Previous iterations of having the st George's cross blended into the design or whatever didn't come with pre-packaged messages of implying the England flag represents something antithetical to the inclusive spirit of the sport.

It's intilectually dishonest to compare them.

National and cultural symbols mean things to people. If they mean nothing to you then why does it matter?

Last edited:

benjamin86

Established Member
You’re on about something different. That’s the England badge, not the St George’s flag - which is the issue.

One is a football badge, the other is the flag of England. The issue is the latter.
The St George is all over those kits? Bottom left one even has different coloured crosses on the collar same as the new one.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nike specifically said they changed the flag design to promote "inclusivity" . Which is a political stance and implies various things.

Previous iterations of having the st George's cross blended into the design didn't come with pre-packaged messages of implying the England flag represents something antithetical to the inclusive spirit of the sport.

It's intilectually dishonest to compare them

Again Nike at best can make suggestions. But the FA decides and gives the go ahead. That goes for us as well. Adidas can’t just change our badge and say cannon represent violence. We gonna change it

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Again Nike at best can make suggestions. But the FA decides and gives the go ahead. That goes for us as well. Adidas can’t just change our badge and say cannon represent violence. We gonna change it

Sure , I'm just saying it's a stretch to simply bash people finding it weird to do that or have a problem with it by saying it's been done before.

Cultural and national symbols mean a lot to people. There's nothing wrong with that

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Sure , I'm not saying who's fault it is. I'm just saying it's a stretch to simply bash people finding it weird to do that or have a problem with it by saying it's been done before.

Cultural and national symbols mean a lot to people. There's nothing wrong with that
I think it’s weird and unnecessary. It’s just looking for a way to upset people. We know the colour of the flag. Every country has a flag. To change their colours means it’s not their flag anymore. If you see that flag on its own England would never cross your mind which defeats the whole purpose of what a flag is

benjamin86

Established Member
I think it’s weird and unnecessary. It’s just looking for a way to upset people. We know the colour of the flag. Every country has a flag. To change their colours means it’s not their flag anymore. If you see that flag on its own England would never cross your mind which defeats the whole purpose of what a flag is
What if the marketing gumpf called it a logo inspired by the st georges flag? If i saw it on it's own i'd figure it was something to do with team GB tbh.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
The kit you're showing there is the authentic kit that the players wear. It's higher quality than the replica version although this is the first I've ever seen of them making it in kids' sizes. That's why it's that price. Nike calls the authentic player version the Match version and the replica version the Stadium version. The Stadium version is cheaper because the materials aren't the same. Adidas offers the authentic player version of our kits and I always buy them when available because of the difference in comfort and quality.

Hello Batman, thanks for the reply. When I went onto the England website, (was on it very briefly), I clicked on the 'Buy Here' (I think it was) icon. It took me to the page I showed.
I know about 'Player Worn', and 'Replica' shirts. When I read the description due for those England shirts, I did wonder if they were the players ones. Surprised to see a childs version of a players quality shirt.
When I was listening to TalkSport, a caller said he would have to pay over £300, on shirts for his 3 Sons. The part of the Show that I listened to, no one said about the players, and the supporter replica types of shirts.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Nike is an American Company. Do you think they would start altering the Stars and Stripes, on the USA football (Sorry, soccer) Shirt? Don't think so.
Americans would go Crazy.

Biden Thats Crazy GIF by American Bridge 21st Century

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Hello Batman, thanks for the reply. When I went onto the England website, (was on it very briefly), I clicked on the 'Buy Here' (I think it was) icon. It took me to the page I showed.
I know about 'Player Worn', and 'Replica' shirts. When I read the description due for those England shirts, I did wonder if they were the players ones. Surprised to see a childs version of a players quality shirt.
When I was listening to TalkSport, a caller said he would have to pay over £300, on shirts for his 3 Sons. The part of the Show that I listened to, no one said about the players, and the supporter replica types of shirts.
Yeah I'm sure they probably don't know the difference, the replica kits are still expensive but cheaper than what's listed there.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Nike is an American Company. Do you think they would start altering the Stars and Stripes, on the USA football (Sorry, soccer) Shirt? Don't think so.
Americans would go Crazy.

Biden Thats Crazy GIF by American Bridge 21st Century
Not at all. We do it all the time here. The kind of American that really cares that much about the flag also has a bunch of these:

s-l1600.jpg

The image above condenses the various different incarnations of the American flag that are proudly displayed in America by people of the exact same political mindset as those upset by Nike doing what they've done on the England kit. You can clearly see that's a color changed American flag and it is proudly flown either alongside or in place of the American flag because patriotism in America has been tied to fetishizing the listed agencies.

We should also mention that the average American is a remarkable hypocrite when it comes to the flag. For example, our flag code prohibits things like the flag being worn as clothing or treated as merchandise yet all of the self proclaimed Patriots routinely violate said flag code by wearing stars and stripes merchandise. The founding fathers would be appalled that people are wearing boxers of the American flag for example yet there are many Americans who swear they are Patriotic while doing that which is disrespectful to the flag. Most people around the world are only outraged when they're told to be. As has been pointed out above, this is not the first time St. George's flag has been presented in different colors or some other sort of variation but people weren't told to be outraged by it so they weren't.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom