• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
It’s clearly ok for some players to not show up in training depending on who you are. Emery drops them... waaaaah! Freddie drops them ‘must be really poor, needs to sort himself out’.
:lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It’s clearly ok for some players to not show up in training depending on who you are. Emery drops them... waaaaah! Freddie drops them ‘must be really poor, needs to sort himself out’.
:lol:

Handsome people get away with more...the amount of times I have coasted through life on my devilish good looks alone, would make regular looking people furious ;)

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I had a fear that Pepe was a Gervinho 2.0, so much so when he signed a mod quoted my post from the transfer thread. I backed him as I have any player who signs but the question mark is still there.

Biggest concern was goals from penalties. It's a problem that magnifies when we have 2 other penalty takers pushing him down the pecking order, a concern I shared when we signed Lacazette. Goals create confidence and if you take 50% of a strikers chances to score goals away it has to feed into other areas of their game.

The guy has bags full of skill. Its gives hope. Hazard has started poorly at RM but he is quality. Pepe needs to put a consistent run of contributing. No point skinning people on the edge of our own box if you cant do it at the other end and create chances.

Last point on a glimmer of hope. We still havent had a settled side. Full back has changed 3 or 4 times this season, AMN, Chambers, Bellerin, the midfield is constantly changing as are the forwards. We need to nail our starting XI and persist with it. That probably means dropping one of Lacazette or Aubameyang and having faith in a midfield.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Handsome people get away with more...the amount of times I have coasted through life on my devilish good looks alone, would make regular looking people furious ;)
hahaghahaha! I know the feeling. Do you have bouts of guilt, like me? I've even glued one eye half shut and gone shopping before to give the appearance of lazy eye/stroke, to look like normal people. I still got hate. It's tough.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
How do you know this? Also what does this have to do with Pepe?

It was my reply to few who basically said lazy in trainings shouldn't get in starting 11.

on Xhaka, there was few insiders who said he is always the main guy in the trainings, followed by Torreira.
One of those insiders was also one of the coaches who said it in an interview not so long ago.
Not making it up, but also not having time to google it and post links

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It was my reply to few who basically said lazy in trainings shouldn't get in starting 11.

on Xhaka, there was few insiders who said he is always the main guy in the trainings, followed by Torreira.
One of those insiders was also one of the coaches who said it in an interview not so long ago.
Not making it up, but also not having time to google it and post links
Fair enough, I do actually recall that. Makes everything more confusing to be honest. Cause what we see is something different on match days..

mpower2540

I’m desperate for this guy to show his ability. I’m sure there’s a beast in there somewhere, GET HIM ON THE PITCH FREDDIE!!

scytheavatar

Established Member

Any coach who would have not played Hazard because he was lazy in training is incompetent. If Pepe doesn't play at all next game I'll be worried tbh.

Pepe is no Hazard, laughable to compare him to Hazard and think he can get away with being lazy in training. No matter how highly you rate Pepe I think it is hard to deny that he has a lot of room for improvement...... if he doesn't work hard in training to deal with his shortcomings then how the hell is he going to improve?

roz

Fake News Merchant
Its a weird one with Pepe, its clear he has tons of ability and can understand the worry about laziness.

for me, im more worried about his attitude. There was a moment when he came on (against Southampton I think) and he lost the ball in a 50/50 only the ball hadnt even been claimed by the saints player yet and Pepe just gave up, didnt even try to get there first or to at least allow the opposition player get there and harass him into making a mistake.
I mean Pepe was fresh, came on as a sub With the game at 1-1, he hasnt played alot recently and would have hoped that he would have been up for it. But no, he looked timid. Not bothered to stake a claim that he should be starting.

Lots have mentioned comparisons with Gervinho etc. But man, as limited as Gervinho was I never saw him do that.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Its a weird one with Pepe, its clear he has tons of ability and can understand the worry about laziness.

for me, im more worried about his attitude. There was a moment when he came on (against Southampton I think) and he lost the ball in a 50/50 only the ball hadnt even been claimed by the saints player yet and Pepe just gave up, didnt even try to get there first or to at least allow the opposition player get there and harass him into making a mistake.
I mean Pepe was fresh, came on as a sub With the game at 1-1, he hasnt played alot recently and would have hoped that he would have been up for it. But no, he looked timid. Not bothered to stake a claim that he should be starting.

Lots have mentioned comparisons with Gervinho etc. But man, as limited as Gervinho was I never saw him do that.
I spotted this and left it at the time. You've just reminded me. Also wasn't impressed.

mpower2540

Yeah I remember that, wasn’t good at all! The Watford game too after he had some handbags with Holebas and afterwards he just disengaged from the game. He needs to play and I think he can be a success here but you do get the feeling we’ve invested in another timid soul

roz

Fake News Merchant
I spotted this and left it at the time. You've just reminded me. Also wasn't impressed.
Sorry to go to clichés but really how much do these group of players “want it”?
Seems too many either think they’ve made it and are happy to coast along thinking talent alone will get them through games.
Again, part of the reason I love Doozy so much is that you can see that “he wants it”.
Yeah I remember that, wasn’t good at all! The Watford game too after he had some handbags with Holebas and afterwards he just disengaged from the game. He needs to play and I think he can be a success here but you do get the feeling we’ve invested in another timid soul
and funnily enough I was a big fan of the player in your avi!
Commitment level was always at 230%.
Always felt the team on a whole played better when he started. We miss players like that, who allow the others with the talent to shine with their hard work and determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom