• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Surely must be able to recoup at least 50m from the generous benefactors in the private equity investment bailout fund also known as the Saudi Pro League???

chessygoal

For french speakers, Pepe talks at length about his career, Arsenal and Arteta : Interesting tidbits :
- Had a choice between Napoli and Arsenal, was convinced by a 45 min phone call with Emery, whereas Ancelotti only took 3 mins to talk with him.
- English was a huge issue, he basically said that he understood nothing during training and game plan preparation during his first season, he had to go through Lacazette on the pitch to relay messages to other teamates and found it hard to fit into the team because of that.
- Said Arteta trusted him and worked hard to make him play like he wanted to. Pepe admitted that he had trouble keeping focus for a full game and is aware it costed the team a few goals.
- Surprisingly, Arteta wanted to keep him as a rotational player last season but Pepe insisted to leave.
- He's coming back for pre-season but doesn't know what will happen.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
For french speakers, Pepe talks at length about his career, Arsenal and Arteta : Interesting tidbits :
- Had a choice between Napoli and Arsenal, was convinced by a 45 min phone call with Emery, whereas Ancelotti only took 3 mins to talk with him.
- English was a huge issue, he basically said that he understood nothing during training and game plan preparation during his first season, he had to go through Lacazette on the pitch to relay messages to other teamates and found it hard to fit into the team because of that.
- Said Arteta trusted him and worked hard to make him play like he wanted to. Pepe admitted that he had trouble keeping focus for a full game and is aware it costed the team a few goals.
- Surprisingly, Arteta wanted to keep him as a rotational player last season but Pepe insisted to leave.
Hope the sauce gang can at least stop crying about pepe mistreatment and hating Arteta due to that now

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

So AM was wrong about Arteta?

200w.gif

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

200w.gif

To be fair the Pepe critics (I was one of them) maybe need to take a look at themselves as well, tough for him to adapt to a guy like Arteta, who is obviously really detailed in his tactical instructions if he didn’t understand a word of English.

I still ultimately think he’s not at the level we need, but it just was the wrong player at the wrong club at the wrong time.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
But @Macho told me Arteta hated him and did everything possible to sabotage Pepe’s career.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

This is quite disingenuous but it’s not worth getting into.

Well what you said was disingenuous, I talked about Pepe to death and admitted he had a big part to play in not working out and I’m quite happy to see him not here anymore.

I barely talk about him since he left other when you or Ash or others who really didn’t like Pepe draw me out.

I genuinely don’t know what some of you want from me, maybe you want some rest from getting slapped about in the Rice thread I dunno.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Well what you said was disingenuous, I talked about Pepe to death and admitted he had a big part to play in not working out and I’m quite happy to see him not here anymore.

I barely talk about him since he left other when you or Ash or others who really didn’t like Pepe draw me out.

I genuinely don’t know what some of you want from me, maybe you want some rest from getting slapped about in the Rice thread I dunno.
No one wants anything it’s just jokes lol you don’t have to defend yourself it was just funny how much you loved Pepe and hate Arteta.

Plus I know you agree with me about Rice but just a bit scared to speak up after the Pepe/Lacazette days but it’s no big deal. The smartest people always look crazy to the sheep.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

200w.gif
It is such a knee jerk reaction at times to blame the coach. The player himself will in most instances be the one where the reason for failure is to be found. Sure there will be other circumstances, like with Pepe and his language problems. Honestly think Arteta wants what is best for all our players. He just demands a lot and will not play you if he feels you are not keeping up you end of the bargain. Players (in the main) really seem to like him for sure.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

No one wants anything it’s just jokes lol you don’t have to defend yourself it was just funny how much you loved Pepe and hate Arteta.

I don't rate Arteta has highly as many of you so when a player doesn't work I don't immediately assume it's 100% on them. The same people you're trying to impress in here are the same dickheads that think Arteta is going to turn Rice into Zidane.

Pepe clearly had enough ability for Arteta to atleast try and many of you wanted to pretend he was special needs and said awful things about him repeatedly. Instead of pointing that out, it's "Oh Macho said Arteta wanted to end Pepe's career" which was childish.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom