• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The same people you're trying to impress in here are the same dickheads that think Arteta is going to turn Rice into Zidane.
You know how to get to me init lmao. But I agree mostly I was being childish just doing a little trolling as Trump says:

Bloodbather

Established Member

Wonder if we keep him as a squad option this season if we can't find a decent offer. He's the only left-footed right winger on the team other than Saka, and it doesn't look like we'll be targeting a new winger. Nelson is better on the left, and Trossard is better as a false nine.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Wonder if we keep him as a squad option this season if we can't find a decent offer. He's the only left-footed right winger on the team other than Saka, and it doesn't look like we'll be targeting a new winger. Nelson is better on the left, and Trossard is better as a false nine.

There's not much point, he's not the type of player that can go for months at a time without playing and then come in and perform to any respectable level.

We are better off looking to hungry reserves or experienced players that know their game and have less to figure out when they do come in cold which is essentially Reiss and Trossard. I think pay to leave or loan out with a tiny fee obligation is the best way to deal with Pepe.

Judging by All or Nothing, he's not engaged in team talks, there's even less french speakers now and a guy in the corner feeling sorry for himself just ruins the vibes. You need the entire squad on the same page and good cheerleaders, an example is how quickly Pep got rid of Cancelo.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It does make you wonder a bit about the club doing their due diligence on signing Pepe.

Like if a guy has little to no English that is a problem in the modern game when everything is gone over in such minute detail tactically and things can be switched up mid match. Maybe they thought Pepe would pick up the language a bit quicker, I don't know.

But it's far from ideal if Laca or whoever had to translate stuff for Pepe constantly. Maybe that's why Pepe looked so out of sync at times.

Bloodbather

Established Member

There's not much point, he's not the type of player that can go for months at a time without playing and then come in and perform to any respectable level.

We are better off looking to hungry reserves or experienced players that know their game and have less to figure out when they do come in cold which is essentially Reiss and Trossard. I think pay to leave or loan out with a tiny fee obligation is the best way to deal with Pepe.

Judging by All or Nothing, he's not engaged in team talks, there's even less french speakers now and a guy in the corner feeling sorry for himself just ruins the vibes. You need the entire squad on the same page and good cheerleaders, an example is how quickly Pep got rid of Cancelo.
I think the ideal scenario would be to sell Pépé and Nketiah and get a new RW backup, treating Nelson as the backup LW instead of backup RW, and Trossard as the backup CF instead of backup LW. Someone like Moussa Diaby or Samuel Chukwueze would be great. I doubt we go that route though, we'll have done a lot of spending after Rice, Havertz, Timber, and possibly Lavia.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It does make you wonder a bit about the club doing their due diligence on signing Pepe.

Like if a guy has little to no English that is a problem in the modern game when everything is gone over in such minute detail tactically and things can be switched up mid match. Maybe they thought Pepe would pick up the language a bit quicker, I don't know.

But it's far from ideal if Laca or whoever had to translate stuff for Pepe constantly. Maybe that's why Pepe looked so out of sync at times.

Under Wenger I doubt this would have been as much as an issue.

Under Arteta who doesn't speak French according to Pepe (or is unwilling to regurgitate his ideas in french solely for Pepe) and is overly meticulous that is a double whammy when it comes to incompatibility.

This was part of my frustration with Pepe on this forum people were dead set on his perceived lack of quality and price tag when it was never that simple. Big clubs when they do a big transfer now pinch one or two coaches from the players old club or national team nowadays anyways.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I strongly suspect it was the latter part of my sentence but I'm not in the changing rooms.

I remember mocking when people celebrated all the languages Arteta supposedly spoke and then Pepe coming out saying there was a language barrier.

Pepe said that 24 hours after Arteta said English was a non negotiable on Arsenal.com btw.

And one of those non-negotiables for young players to succeed under Mikel, he says, is to get a grip of the language.

"Playing in one of the more difficult leagues in the world is a different challenge depending on where you have come from. But also it's about how much they do to adapt. They might not speak English when they arrive, but what can you do in a month or two months? They might say 'it's difficult for me' but how much are you really trying? Because for me the language is an absolute basic. It's the platform for everything. If not, you cannot communicate, make yourself understood or noticeable. You cannot create your figure, your identity, within the dressing room and the club without being able to communicate.

"It's impossible, so I always put a lot of emphasis on players when they arrive - the first thing is you have to learn the language. You have to be able to communicate. That's whether you are coming from the academy or not it doesn't matter - you have to be able to talk with your teammates. It's something we talk about because in my opinion it's a key to success."

• Goal
Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hmmm...he was only in France for a season, on loan too.

I reckon Mikel just puts on a crap French accent, and he counts that as knowing the language.

chessygoal

I reckon Mikel just puts on a crap French accent, and he counts that as knowing the language.
Nah Pepe said in his interview that Arteta spoke perfect french. Funny anecdote shared by Pepe. After weeks of not playing he had a very bad training sessions, he said Arteta stopped everything, crossed the pitch to talk in his ears in french, and told him that if he let one more player go past him without defending he could pack his things and stop training. All that in french, without anyone hearing it.
I must say, I rate Arteta a lot more after hearing that, he could have easily humiliated Pepe in front of everyone but chose to do it man to man without embarrassing his player.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Just learn ****ing English then Nico
too late.
FmiO2AXaAAIHOCw.jpg

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

I think Sanlehi was flexing on this deal and the Torreira one. Interesting that he praises Arteta and it's good to know that our then record signing wasn't just binned. Pires struggled with English but he had the right manager and team mates at that time. Oepe really didn't and couldn't turn things around, beyond his output. I assume Emery used a translator for that 45 minute call or speaks better French than English. Hopefully Pepe can move on soon and enjoy more of his peak years as this was a bad move for him and a bad deal for the club. Bon chance Nico.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Isn’t Arteta basque? French comes almost as easily to them as Spanish.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom