• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Unlike many others, I never wanted Arteta here but that's a different topic. Pepe didn't become a regular under Emery either.
Again, Emery was sacked with poor results and even worse general play. We can go with this forever, but I would expect some proof of results or really good team play without Pepe in the team. You go on and on with it but looks like you can't actually back it with anything, just like managers couldn't

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Again, Emery was sacked with poor results and even worse general play. We can go with this forever, but I would expect some proof of results or really good team play without Pepe in the team. You go on and on with it but looks like you can't actually back it with anything, just like managers couldn't

Can you produce proof of really good team play with Pepe in the team? Arteta is the main reason for our poor play. Pepe in, Pepe out, it wont make any real difference. I really hope we get a new manager soon but I still wouldn't expect Pepe to suddenly shine.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Pepe in, Pepe out, it wont make any real difference.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a few posts before you've said we are better without Pepe, now it won't make a difference... I actually agree it won't make much of a difference and agree it's down to the poor planning of Arteta and his football style, the only thing I was trying to explain is that you are too easy on dropping Pepe for no reason at all and sucking that myth of "every manager benched him".

It would make a difference though if we actually start attacking for a change, in that case, Pepe and Auba are key players on the pitch as they are the only 2 players with the end product. I just don't see that style of football with Arteta

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a few posts before you've said we are better without Pepe, now it won't make a difference... I actually agree it won't make much of a difference and agree it's down to the poor planning of Arteta and his football style, the only thing I was trying to explain is that you are too easy on dropping Pepe for no reason at all and sucking that myth of "every manager benched him".

It would make a difference though if we actually start attacking for a change, in that case, Pepe and Auba are key players on the pitch as they are the only 2 players with the end product. I just don't see that style of football with Arteta

I supported Pepe for ages, I even had his pic as my avi for a whole season. At half time vs Brighton I suggested bringing Pepe on for Auba and moving Ødegaard to the middle with Partey & Sambi. Saka, ESR, Pepe as a front 3 may have worked. Auba wasnt doing anything.

I want all Arsenal players to succeed, including Pepe, I just dont think he's an intelligent enough player. Thats my main reason for thinking he wont ever improve enough to be a starter.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I want all Arsenal players to succeed, including Pepe, I just dont think he's an intelligent enough player. Thats my main reason for thinking he wont ever improve enough to be a starter.
He is a finished product, not sure what he needs to improve? The guy can score goals and create chances, he does track back and can be very tricky around the box. Good enough if you ask me. Now, the fact that we don't attack at all has nothing to do with Pepe, his skills are not being used at all when that's the case, so he does suffer, just like all of our attacking players. But why do you guys want him on the bench is beyond me, you can make the case of benching any of our forwards in that case

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

🤣

Do you think that means anything? Ole put Lukaku on the bench and sold him in favour of Martial and Rashford.

Lukaku then went to Inter and rediscovered his form to return as a gunman. There are many examples of this, you just have to look around us in the PL.
Gray looking decent for Everton. Don’t know much about him so dunno if this is really him or form.

Wasn’t thought much of by Rodgers though, a manager I actually rate and it’s not like Leicester’s winger options are crazy when he was there (Barnes and ??? Perez?).

A poor argument really, like you say dusted Martial somehow saw off Lukaku managers just have preferences sometimes.

Kav

Established Member
Boy the agendas in this thread... cant we just discuss a topic objectively?

People on here trying to kill Pepe's reputation and at thr other end his fans saying all kinds of things. The truth is often in the middle. He is effrctive player when used correctly. He is not some useless player who contributes little to the play. Sure he has bis down sides but he is also a very talented player who impacts games. He some times dithers on the ball but he is also the only player we have that constantly gets double or triple marked in a game. This means his mere presence makes space for other players but i dont see the manager making the most of it. His cross the field passes on the counter are also very effective.

He isnt a traditional winger and that will frustrate some persons but the team is fsr more dangerous when he is a part of our attack. He is also deadly with open space and angles. We should use this to our advantage.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Gray looking decent for Everton. Don’t know much about him so dunno if this is really him or form.

Wasn’t thought much of by Rodgers though, a manager I actually rate and it’s not like Leicester’s winger options are crazy when he was there (Barnes and ??? Perez?).

A poor argument really, like you say dusted Martial somehow saw off Lukaku managers just have preferences sometimes.

Gray is another case of Racist Rodgers preferring a passion merchant like Albrgihton.

If I speak though…

I just hope Pepe peaks soon! I think his defense league deserve it.

One of the great things never being wrong is in the rare cases when Im wrong, the cases when the one who waits to be right waits for years I get so happy when they start tagging me. I get so happy knowing other people experience the feeling I have every day, a feeling of a champ, a feeling of a man who is a winner!

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I don't rate Pepe, but I would say Arteta is definitely the bigger issue for this team. Still amazing to me that this guy is using Arsenal to earn his coaching badges.

We literally hired a guy with no managerial experience whatsoever to lead the team into the future. This guy didn't even manage U18 level teams previously for christsakes. Until Arteta is fired, everything else is going to be stagnant.

The current squad is talented enough to finish top 4. The only teams that are clearly better are Liverpool, City and Chelsea.

No other team is clearly more talented than Arsenal they just have much better manager at the helm. But if we want to address it from the top, it's Kroenkes, Edu, Arteta, Xhaka, Leno, Laca, Auba, Pepe all need to leave and be replaced adequately for the team to truly move forward and start the rebuild properly.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Add this stat and its half of AM's myth gone.
If I speak….

FBISjfnWQAIjuIq

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

This stretch of 3 games just shows people are tired of him and still bitter about his transfer fee because he's done absolutely nothing wrong, yet here we are.
The most telling period (and when I actually gave up on trying to convince people) was the run of good form for pretty much the entirety of the second half of last season.

It became very clear what was going on here, now I just troll and point out the double standards/illogical nonsense that we often see on here.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I wish I could be this confident in him eventually proving people wrong but I can’t tbh.

I’m confident in the player but I’m not confident that he’ll be here while we’re seeing the benefit of a new coach who can actually set up a team to create chances.

Feel like it will be another Özil type situation where we had the cherry on top before the rest of the cake. When we have the chances we don’t have the finishers, when we have the finishers we don’t have the chances. Typical Arsenal.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom