• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

People using all these xG and xXx stats to prove Pepe is a baller. It’s not needed if you have a good set of eyes.

Naked eye without all these stats and you can see he’s our biggest threat and was on form before Arteta decided to take him out of the team as he always does.

Hella man on this forum can’t see anything tho even when it’s right in their face.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’s no different from the discussion on any other player that has form that is in and out for Christ’s sake! Why does it have to be a witch hunt in this thread? Is it not a witch hunt in all the other player threads then? 😭
Cuz he's not playing, and still getting shat on. People actually saying that he's been playing badly.

He'll be brought in for a random set of games, play with his usual inconsistency, get dropped.. Repeat until he basically loses interest.

It's a familiar pattern.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Cuz he's not playing, and still getting shat on. People actually saying that he's been playing badly.

He'll be brought in for a random set of games, play with his usual inconsistency, get dropped.. Repeat until he basically loses interest.

It's a familiar pattern.
It’s a football forum, buddeh.

As I’ve pointed out, this thread was bumped the day after Brighton, and by those saying he should have played. Then because it’s a forum, others posted stuff more on the negative side, and then others were more objective. Normal stuff.

This situation is not comparable to the Özil situation in any way shape or form. None of the front 4 are certainties to play and that’s just how it is. And he did actually play, he got over half an hour at the expense of the blonde favourite child.. Chill ffs 😀

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’s a football forum, buddeh.

As I’ve pointed out, this thread was bumped the day after Brighton, and by those saying he should have played. Then because it’s a forum, others posted stuff more on the negative side, and then others were more objective. Normal stuff.

This situation is not comparable to the Özil situation in any way shape or form. None of the front 4 are certainties to play and that’s just how it is. And he did actually play, he got over half an hour at the expense of the blonde favourite child.. Chill ffs 😀
glad to know that at least someone is defending A-M. :p Just seeing us flounder about while he and AMN were both on the bench got me irritated.

Just as an example: Mane barely touched the ball against $ity, but scored when it mattered. C Ronaldo barely touched the ball against that Spanish club but scored in the 109th minute.

You need to keep people like him on the field for as long as possible.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Add this stat and its half of AM's myth gone.
I showed quite clearly last season that Pepe was nowhere near the top offenders when it comes to conceding possession, it was actually some of the forums favourites. Yet not only can Pepe not shake that label, but it shouldn't really be held against forwards anyways.

This stretch of 3 games just shows people are tired of him and still bitter about his transfer fee because he's done absolutely nothing wrong, yet here we are.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
As i am starting my course in investigative journalism, i am thinking about writing about money laundering in football. Anyone got any tips about sources in and around Raul and Lilles counterparts, pls let me know.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
People using all these xG and xXx stats to prove Pepe is a baller. It’s not needed if you have a good set of eyes.

Naked eye without all these stats and you can see he’s our biggest threat and was on form before Arteta decided to take him out of the team as he always does.

Hella man on this forum can’t see anything tho even when it’s right in their face.

But he's also the biggest reason why a quick counter attack could break down. He doesn't play the quick one touch like Saka, Ødegaard & ESR, he gets the ball and plays with it. There's no doubt he has a great left foot but that's pretty much all he has.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

But he's also the biggest reason why a quick counter attack could break down. He doesn't play the quick one touch like Saka, Ødegaard & ESR, he gets the ball and plays with it. There's no doubt he has a great left foot but that's pretty much all he has.
The attacking trio of Pepe, Bamba and Ikone were called “the BIP” amongst the media in France, in reference to road runner “beep beep”. They were actually known for their devastating counter attacks.

That’s pretty much all that Lille did in that time and a big reason why Pepe hasn’t worked here actually. With space to run into he’s shown time and time and again he’s effective. If there are any genuine question marks around Pepe, it is his effectiveness within tight spaces where it’s admittedly mixed. Sometimes he’s amazing sometimes he’s poor, he’s no Hleb.

I’ll harken back to Arteta’s early days where we used the reserved counter attack approach to great success in the FA Cup. Aubameyang and Pepe ended up being one of the most effective duos domestically (I’ve posted the article many times).

Long story short, simply not true and another myth.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

What comes from this? If Pepe is removed from the equation, are these blistering counter attacks a success and end up with us scoring? And I’m laughing at that “pretty much all he has” isn’t that a fantastic attribute to have? Robben was deadly with a fantastic left foot.

With some of the rubbish and agendas I read in this thread, I guess I might have to join the Pepe co-op.

hqdefault.jpg

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
What comes from this? If Pepe is removed from the equation, are these blistering counter attacks a success and end up with us scoring? And I’m laughing at that “pretty much all he has” isn’t that a fantastic attribute to have? Robben was deadly with a fantastic left foot.

With some of the rubbish and agendas I read in this thread, I guess I might have to join the Pepe co-op.

hqdefault.jpg

There's a reason he's on the bench and Saka, Ødegaard and ESR are on the pitch!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

There's a reason he's on the bench and Saka, Ødegaard and ESR are on the pitch!

🤣

Do you think that means anything? Ole put Lukaku on the bench and sold him in favour of Martial and Rashford.

Lukaku then went to Inter and rediscovered his form to return as a gunman. There are many examples of this, you just have to look around us in the PL.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
And what would that reason be? You probably don't have a single argument to support that, just like Arteta.

Because ESR, Saka & Ødegaard are more effective. They play one touch football, we need to keep them playing together. Who will you drop to fit Pepe in?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Because ESR, Saka & Ødegaard are more effective. They play one touch football, we need to keep them playing together. Who will you drop to fit Pepe in?
Why are you making things up? They are not effective, they don't play crisp one touch football we've seen in the past, they've got outplayed by Brighton ffs. It's like playing 3 Hleb's at the same time with less technical capacity. Sure, it's gonna work in some odd games like Sp**s when we convert 3 out of 5 attacks, but generally, they are not a threat.

I wouldn't drop any of them, I would rather see Ode playing CM and Partey DMC, ESR as an AMC and Pepe/Saka changing sides. That's what I think is our strongest team that offers everything.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why are you making things up? They are not effective, they don't play crisp one touch football we've seen in the past, they've got outplayed by Brighton ffs. It's like playing 3 Hleb's at the same time with less technical capacity. Sure, it's gonna work in some odd games like Sp**s when we convert 3 out of 5 attacks, but generally, they are not a threat.

I wouldn't drop any of them, I would rather see Ode playing CM and Partey DMC, ESR as an AMC and Pepe/Saka changing sides. That's what I think is our strongest team that offers everything.

This is way to go, I don't see much reason now to avoid playing a 433. You don't need Partey as well as Lokonga/ElNeny when you have a really defensive player at RB.

The question is what flanks Saka/Pepe should play on.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

433 is an option but at the end of the day Pepe is in his 3rd season with Arsenal and still not a starter. There's only so much blame you can place on managers for that.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This is way to go, I don't see much reason now to avoid playing a 433. You don't need Partey as well as Lokonga/ElNeny when you have a really defensive player at RB.

The question is what flanks Saka/Pepe should play on.
Partey is enough as DMC, agree with that, and on top of that, I find him wasteful in his passing as soon as he moves up the pitch so Ode would take care of that.

As for Saka and Pepe, we are unlucky that they are both our best players and they both prefer RW, but I just feel that Pepe can't play on the left at all while Saka can at least beat his man at times and offer some threat.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
433 is an option but at the end of the day Pepe is in his 3rd season with Arsenal and still not a starter. There's only so much blame you can place on managers for that.
I've seen enough stupidity in my life from so many managers that I actually don't care about their decisions, especially with the abysmal results and performances we are seeing from Arteta. Never has he backed that decision with improvement in either results or general play.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've seen enough stupidity in my life from so many managers that I actually don't care about their decisions, especially with the abysmal results and performances we are seeing from Arteta. Never has he backed that decision with improvement in either results or general play.

Unlike many others, I never wanted Arteta here but that's a different topic. Pepe didn't become a regular under Emery either.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom