• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

scytheavatar

Established Member
One thing which Wenger said that I absolutely disagree with is this idea that "you pay for the education of young players with points". Cause it absolutely disgusts me to see how we pay for the education of older players like Pepe and even Auba with points and yet that's supposed to be better than doing so for someone like ESR or Saka. Ridiculous. You would expect Pepe and Auba to have more maturity, consistency and reliability than the younger players, yet do they actually have that?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
this is exactly the witch-hunt i was afraid of.
I'm amused with the whole thing as well, people expect consistency from a guy who struggles to get 5 starts in a row. The only period of consistency he has had with minutes, he actually did deliver and played well. It's not consistency he struggles with, the problem for him is getting on the pitch in the first place

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If city or Man U bought a player for 72 million and produced what Pepe has we would say he is a flop. Pepe has been waste of money I don’t know why people need to spin it

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If city or Man U bought a player for 72 million and produced what Pepe has we would say he is a flop. Pepe has been waste of money I don’t know why people need to spin it
What do you want him to do other than leave? he’s not playing.

His thread is more active than the guys who started in the 0-0 draw and our best win to date this season against Sp**s. That’s why what is going on here is very questionable.

You guys have won, ESR has taken his place and you’ve had years to bemoan his price tag now.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You're missing the point I'm afraid, it's not the player who should be labeled as a "waste of money", it was the decision to buy him that was a waste. Pepe was never allowed to succeed here, none of the managers wanted him in this team, and as soon as something goes wrong, he is the first one to end up out of the team. I totally agree that this has been a waste of money (not that I think we would spend it better anyway), but definitely think you got the wrong idea why that is the case

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
:lol:

Reading this thread, you think Arteta is the orchestrating this Pepe hate on here.

Pepe is one of the best xG performer in the league. Yes, he's not applied himself well at times, but the team is dysfunctional. You can't blame him for that. If you really want him to take the ball from the half way line and beat every defender in front of him and score, then you'll be disappointed.

I was one of his biggest defender in his previous thread, bit I got tired in the end and I've allowed A-M to have their way with him.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I was one of his biggest defender in his previous thread, bit I got tired in the end and I've allowed A-M to have their way with him.

Bit of a stretch there my bro, you also participated in the "Hey @Macho look how how sh*t your son Pepe is" type stuff.

It's cool though the cult still going strong, join at your own peril.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Bit of a stretch there my bro, you also participated in the "Hey @Macho look how how sh*t your son Pepe is" type stuff.

It's cool though the cult still going strong, join at your own peril.
Nah. That was just me pulling your legs. I've never really had any hate for him. I wrote a few essays in the previous thread but I just got bored and stopped defending him. That was the period when Arteta dropped him for Nelson. When Nelson's popularity was still at its peak.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Nah. That was just me pulling your legs. I've never really had any hate for him. I wrote a few essays in the previous thread but I just got bored and stopped defending him. That was the period when Arteta dropped him for Nelson. When Nelson's popularity was still at its peak.
Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

...I'll let you off.

Ideally he'd be left to click his heels on the bench in peace and people would stop letting me know how better off the team is without him, but I've accepted maybe once he leaves. I've defended him so much I've done this to myself.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Kind of player we have to keep IMO, no point selling him then bringing in a new manager and seeing Pepe take off somewhere else.

I'd love to see this guy under a different manager, he could still be worth it.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Not sure anybody should be hitting on our players until Arteta goes, it’s a waste of bandwidth. Still think Pepe could be one manager away from being very effective.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It’s no different from the discussion on any other player that has form that is in and out for Christ’s sake! Why does it have to be a witch hunt in this thread? Is it not a witch hunt in all the other player threads then? 😭

scytheavatar

Established Member
Not sure anybody should be hitting on our players until Arteta goes, it’s a waste of bandwidth. Still think Pepe could be one manager away from being very effective.

Effective at being what? Why did you think both Emery and Arteta concluded that Pepe isn't good enough to be a player we build our team around?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Kind of player we have to keep IMO, no point selling him then bringing in a new manager and seeing Pepe take off somewhere else.

I'd love to see this guy under a different manager, he could still be worth it.
He ain’t taking of in the PL. he can go back to France. Absolute waste of money

The reason he isn't starting is simple. He isn't good. You need to build the team and probably system around him and he isn't worth it. Too inconsistent, doesn't do enough work off and on the ball. Gives it away far too easily. Capable of great.moments but when he came on the other night with Auba and Saka on the pitch the whole formation went to crap until Laca came in. Probably a space for him if we sold Auba but he isn't better than Auba and isn't captain. Sell him for whatever we can get. Probably circa 30 million.

Moah

Effective at being what? Why did you think both Emery and Arteta concluded that Pepe isn't good enough to be a player we build our team around?
Maybe because both are not good managers? You think a football game is won by running so no need to argue with a wall.

Reactions: Kav

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
His thread is more active than the guys who started in the 0-0 draw and our best win to date this season against Sp**s. That’s why what is going on here is very questionable.
Tbf it was bumped a day after the match by someone basically saying he should have played, then more posts followed saying the same thing. But then in true football forum stylie .. 😱.. someone disagreed! Then you and others came along and voila… activity. There is no rhyme or reason why threads burn like rubber on here.

You think thats ‘questionable’? What do you think is ‘going on’ here, then?

blaze_of_glory

Anthony Weiner Shrug GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Just think a lot more of you have more time for him and scrutinise him a lot less tbh.
Pepe has been fits and starts for three seasons now. He did play very well at the end of last season though so hopefully he can get back to that. Of course hard to do so if not playing but he also needs to take the chances given, and quickly. He should be hitting his prime now.

ESR is just leaving puberty and has put in bigger performances recently, so it makes sense he'll be given more of a pass for mistakes at this point.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]
Back
Top Bottom