• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

blaze_of_glory

Pepe would have been slaughtered by our fans/others on Twitter had he messed up that pass at 0-0 and it’s guaranteed the likes of @Trilly and @Macho would have been tagged in on here.
Difference is ESR just ran the NLD a week prior and is already a more consistent performer while being 5 years younger. He's gonna get more leeway at this point compared to Pepe and how his Arsenal career has gone.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

@Macho & @Trilly

I’m a fan of the player, but sometimes people need a slap!
Why @ me for though? I’m not the one who mentioned ESR in this thread at all.

You guys win, Pepe is the worst player in the league and not fit to lace ESRs boots, just stop mentioning me when you wanna say it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Difference is ESR just ran the NLD a week prior and is already a more consistent performer while being 5 years younger. He's gonna get more leeway at this point compared to Pepe and how his Arsenal career has gone.
I think that’s exactly what he’s highlighting, the leeway. Not sure he’s questioning it or why it’s being given.

Also consistent better at what? Consistently looks better or plays better? What defines playing better? How do you measure playing better? Cos if you go down that route that statement falls apart quickly.

On the reasons for the leeway: the only leeway should be for his age really but even then, you’ll have some fans who believe we’re a top 5 team but then are happy to excuse their no10 for not completing a pass that any top 5 attacking midfielder would complete, especially considering how highly the very same people rate him. None of it makes sense.

Auba gets less leeway ffs.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member
I think that’s exactly what he’s highlighting, the leeway. Not sure he’s questioning it or why it’s being given.

Also consistent better at what? Consistently looks better or plays better? What defines playing better? How do you measure playing better? Cos if you go down that route that statement falls apart quickly.

On the reasons for the leeway: the only leeway should be for his age really but even then, you’ll have some fans who believe we’re a top 5 team but then are happy to excuse their no10 for not completing a pass that any top 5 attacking midfielder would complete, especially considering how highly the very same people rate him. None of it makes sense.

Auba gets less leeway ffs.

Consistently better at being a threat that our opponents need to fear. If I am a top class PL defender I am not going to fear Pepe cause I know even if he dribbles past me he's going to fall over anyway. While ESR with his work rate is always a threat and difficult to defend against even when he is not playing well.

And Auba is paid many times more in salary than ESR or Pepe so I am not sure why we should be giving him any leeway at all. We should be expecting Sanchez/RVP level performances from him every match.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Consistently better at being a threat that our opponents need to fear. If I am a top class PL defender I am not going to fear Pepe cause I know even if he dribbles past me he's going to fall over anyway. While ESR with his work rate is always a threat and difficult to defend against even when he is not playing well.

And Auba is paid many times more in salary than ESR or Pepe so I am not sure why we should be giving him any leeway at all. We should be expecting Sanchez/RVP level performances from him every match.

That's the thing about this team. No real gamechangers. Don't know if it is project youth or trying to get better now. Cause getting Willian and Luiz does not look like a team that wants to build for the future. Those two guys had so many horror shows. Giving Auba that new contract was obviously a bad decision even at that point when he was in the form of his life. This is a player that has always been limited. He is like Özil really. Cannot raise his level if the team is not performing. We don't have anyone close to that Fabregas, Sanchez and RVP level that can take over games and makes things happen.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
But Auba was never that type of player to create the type or quantity of chances Sanchez/RVP did; relies on the service of others.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom