• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
do you really have a alert with Ozils name?

I guess that would be more enjoyable than watching Arsenal draw 0-0 with BHA.
If I may? Ive checked with mods and they’ve allowed me to use 1 of my 3 allowed ‘Özil alert reaction things’ in any 7 day period.

Look, jokes aside, your statement is absurd. He’s not out of favour any more than anyone else who has rode the bench lately. We just turned in a great performance against Sp**s without him and because the team remained unchanged yesterday, you’re making claims like that?!! 🤪 He’s had, and he will continue to get lots of chances.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Entirely depends on him.

Nobody is coming in for him unprompted and I don't see him pushing to leave. Another 2 years of this essentially and he sadly seems more than fine with it.

I don't see enough about him to be embarrassed about being ousted by kids or to force a move or loan.
Thats harsh on your boy. I think he’ll surprise you again. He’s no wet wipe.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If I may? Ive checked with mods and they’ve allowed me to use 1 of my 3 allowed ‘Özil alert reaction things’ in any 7 day period.

Look, jokes aside, your statement is absurd. He’s not out of favour any more than anyone else who has rode the bench lately. We just turned in a great performance against Sp**s without him and because the team remained unchanged yesterday, you’re making claims like that?!! 🤪 He’s had, and he will continue to get lots of chances.
hehehe!

Well, as I noted in another post, he's top in assists, Key Passes and dribbles. It was criminal to not play him.

���
PlayerCMKGAppsMinsGoalsAssistsSpGKeyPDrbFouledOffDispUnsTchRating
Nicolas Pépé
26, AM(LR),FW
183734(1)387-12.42.22-0.41.83.66.95
Gabriel Martinelli
20, AM(L),FW
178752150--0.51.5-0.510.516.11
Bukayo Saka
20, D(L),M(CLR)
178656(1)495111.71.40.71.40.31.736.66

Sp**s was understandable. He had to start against BHA. Ode was meh against Sp**s and could have sat out.

Reactions: Kav

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
hehehe!

Well, as I noted in another post, he's top in assists, Key Passes and dribbles. It was criminal to not play him.

Nicolas Pépé
26, AM(LR),FW
Gabriel Martinelli
20, AM(L),FW
Bukayo Saka
20, D(L),M(CLR)

Sp**s was understandable. He had to start against BHA. Ode was meh against Sp**s and could have sat out.
This is not Pepe FC though. I appreciate he’s got some of the best stats but we finished 8th with those, so the search for a productive, and more efficient unit goes on, despite him being quite potent at times. The team still has some way to go offensively and he may well eventually be a big part of the finished job, but nobody will ever be guaranteed their spot every week—not until it’s abundantly clear who our strongest attacking lineup is.

Hindsight is wonderful thing, but the vast majority would have been very pleased to see an unchanged lineup yesterday. It’s not like it was a cardinal sin to leave out Pepe of all players, after his below average start to the season.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Come in the team and score? Be our most potent attacker whilst in and out the team and everybody acting like he’s the worst player in the league?

Where’s the surprise?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Come in the team and score? Be our most potent attacker whilst in and out the team and everybody acting like he’s the worst player in the league?

Where’s the surprise?
He was in and out last season and done fine. With that under his belt you’d have to fancy he’ll do even better. He’ll definitely get the chances.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is not Pepe FC though. I appreciate he’s got some of the best stats but we finished 8th with those, so the search for a productive, and more efficient unit goes on, despite him being quite potent at times. The team still has some way to go offensively and he may well eventually be a big part of the finished job, but nobody will ever be guaranteed their spot every week—not until it’s abundantly clear who our strongest attacking lineup is.

Hindsight is wonderful thing, but the vast majority would have been very pleased to see an unchanged lineup yesterday. It’s not like it was a cardinal sin to leave out Pepe of all players, after his below average start to the season.
Agreed, but I'm not qualified to support my opinions with a hundred real-time statistics. My opinions will always be in hindsight.

And my opinion is that we cannot play three extremely young CAMs at the same time. We need Pepe all the time. Or someone else who can stay wide

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I feel like it would be best for him if he left after this season however if we get a new manager everything might change.
Yeah same. If Arteta stays he should go, neither Emery or Arteta really wanted a player like him. He can still rebuild his name/career because there just aren’t many players in Europe that can finish like he does.

Even as a Pepe fan I’m just tired of seeing him used in this team that’s probably the worst in the league for how he plays. He’d genuinely do better at teams like Wolves, Leeds and Villa than he’d do here. I prefer when he’s on the bench.

If someone like Potter comes in though and decides to actually use his strengths then 👀

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’ll be honest I think Pepe offers a unique skill set in our squad.

No one can really beat a man and cross or finish out of our wide players like him. Also he doubles back quite well which lets his full back get forwards.

I noticed yesterday once we got him on it totally negated Cucurella as before when we had Saka he cut inside and left Tomiyasu exposed.

In away games playing both ESR and Ode is totally redundant because they’re better centrally and teams will attack us down the flanks when they’re drifting centrally.

I think Pepe or a third midfielder in away games is the way to go. Don’t really see him having that huge impact in goals and assists but he can create something out of nothing and helps our shape.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Playing victim is not a good look for a grown man. It just seems weird to me how some of you make so much excuses for Pepe like y'all are his mistress. He is 26, most expensive signing in club history and no better than a Theo Walcott with flair, it's really that simple (not an insult as Walcott scored over 100 goals in his Arsenal career). No need to get much deeper than that. He is not the quickest thinker and his fundamentals are very flawed.
I’m asking you to explain your nonsensical posting and you start talking about playing victim. Why don’t you just answer the question?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I think he slyly is ngl. Doesn’t dig out his teammates enough when he makes a good run/is in space and gets ignored. On the contrary, it rarely happens to Auba who seems to be everyone’s go-to and he’ll usually throw a mini strop when it does happen.

He’s young but he’s one of the oldest players in the squad and needs to start acting like it.
hehehe!

���
Nicolas Pépé
26, AM(LR),FW
Gabriel Martinelli
20, AM(L),FW
Bukayo Saka
20, D(L),M(CLR)

I think Arteta understands and is aware of the stats but he desperately wants to find a working team that doesn’t include Pepe. Highly doubt it’s personal, it’s more to do with the type of player he is. Arteta is more Guardiola than Klopp. He doesn’t really want a wide forward he wants a AM that plays on the wing.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I think he slyly is ngl. Doesn’t dig out his teammates enough when he makes a good run/is in space and gets ignored. On the contrary, it rarely happens to Auba who seems to be everyone’s go-to and he’ll usually throw a mini strop when it does happen.

Pepe had to beg for the ball here in the same fixture last season, not sure what's wrong with this team :lol:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I think Arteta understands and is aware of the stats but he desperately wants to find a working team that doesn’t include Pepe. Highly doubt it’s personal, it’s more to do with the type of player he is. Arteta is more Guardiola than Klopp. He doesn’t really want a wide forward like Salah, he wants a AM that plays on the wing.

Yeah if I had to put my finger on it, it would have to be this. Because Pepe clearly doesn't have an attitude issue with Arteta given that at times it appears that Arteta is almost forced to use him when he's being really effective.

It's probably also explains why he favoured Willian so much over Pepe at the beginning of last season because he is the type of winger that links up more (or that's what is in Arteta's mind).

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Pepe had to beg for the ball here in the same fixture last season, not sure what's wrong with this team :lol:
Tbh that’s a him problem, I don’t wanna be accused of making excuses for him.

You spend hours and hours with your teammates, plenty of opportunity to raise it if it bothers him. Understand that they should be finding him but that’s beta energy if he hasn’t done something about it. On the pitch he just throws his arms up, never seen anything else

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Tbh that’s a him problem, I don’t wanna be accused of making excuses for him.

You spend hours and hours with your teammates, plenty of opportunity to raise it if it bothers him. Understand that they should be finding him but that’s beta energy if he hasn’t done something about it. On the pitch he just throws his arms up, never seen anything else
Hence my comments earlier. This season will just be a repeat of last season.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom