• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Dailyfail say we will confirm this tomorrow. Maybe they forget this guy back from holiday tomorrow lol

senna

AFP?[/QUOTE]

I think AFP = associated free press, basically the newspapers in general. Could be wrong tho.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
"Palace bluff has been called" assumes Zaha was our first choice target. You are more set on Zaha than Raul/Edu quite obviously have been.
Me? No. I didn't go in with a £40 million bid.

But I'd get rid of the four mentioned to bring Zaha in because he'd contribute more than they will this season.

Iceman10

Established Member
Me? No. I didn't go in with a £40 million bid.

But I'd get rid of the four mentioned to bring Zaha in because he'd contribute more than they will this season.

£40m bid for Zaha was a serious lowball that Palace was never going to accept, while we've had a £72m bid for Pepe accepted. We've also used Jorge Mendes for securing Pepe, not something you would think we would do with a backup target. Point is, did you consider that the Zaha lowball bid and the Everton Soares stuff were in part decoys to throw rumour-mongers off the scent while we were pursuing Pepe under the radar?

I'm not slagging off Zaha now that it appears we've passed up on him, btw, and just in case that is misunderstood. My point is you're still looking at a Zaha transfer as if he was our primary target, when it appears quite clear now he never was, from the viewpoint of Raul & Edu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom