• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
I don't understand this deal too specially for that kind of money maybe pep like Mahrez and want ease the pressure on Sterling and Sane

Guardiola pushes his players very hard, and tends to stick with the same core. And so far at City, same at Bayern, they tend to run out of steam at the business end of Champions league season.
So if he can add a quality player like him to their squad, I can see why they do it. Not saying they don't have a lot of quality, cos of course they do, they have a ridiculous squad. But if you can add more to help in the most important part of the season in Europe especially, then they do it. They are desperate to win the CL, so maybe they feel they need even more quality to get to the final.

BobP

Memri Fan
Totally subjective statements.
Xhaka is not better than Fabinho. He has a better passing range but in every other areas and metrics, Fabinho is better.
Mahrez is a great fit at City like Sane or KDB are.

Rubbish.

Xhaka has made the best of a **** situation.

Also, not sure how you're unable to see the problems Pep may have integrating Mahrez..

say yes

forum master baiter
I don't understand this deal too specially for that kind of money maybe pep like Mahrez and want ease the pressure on Sterling and Sane

Yeah seems pointless.

I’d have Mahrez down as the best wide man in the league but Sterling’s much younger and coming off a sublime season.

Guess Mahrez would offer them another threat against packed defenses however. For all their craft, City were unable to do anything against Liverpool’s defence in the CL. It was just byline and cross x100. Mahrez coming onto his left with Walker overlapping would definitely offer them another dimension.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Rubbish.

Xhaka has made the best of a **** situation.

Also, not sure how you're unable to see the problems Pep may have integrating Mahrez..

Dude, Xhaka making the best of any situation has no bearing on wether he is better or not than Fabinho. Any rational person knows that Fabinho is the better and more complete CM.

Mahrez, first you said he is not a fit...Now you are speculating about Pep's problems integrating him. Two different propositions so stop moving the goal posts.
Mahrez is a talented, creative winger. The type of player who excels under Pep. He will fit just fine and it will be up to him to win a spot.

Why is Pep buying Mahrez, probably because he just can. Take him away from the likes of us and Liverpool. Brutal bullying if you ask me!

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

What was it Klopp said....oh yes: "Other clubs can go and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money". What was that, Jurgen?

I have absolutely no problem with a club spending however much they can afford on any player they want. If they've earned that money fair and square then go for it, that's their right. But can we all just cut the crap? This is modern elite football, no one is squeaky clean. This constant taking the moral high ground is infuriating.

Except he is not spending big money. He spent about 150m last season and raised about 170 odd. He has had a negative net spend in the last two seasons.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Him or Hazard

I’ve got some good friends who support Liverpool. Would not surprise me at all that Liverpool are doing his business on the back of Salah being off

They believe FSG are like Kroenke

Mate they know nothing. I would give anything for the Kroenke's to be like FSG. Liverpool went through an expansion and refurbishment of Anfield which required heavy investment (~100M). They were still able to stay relatively competitive in terms of investing in their squad due to the fact that their owners provided them with a loan upwards of 100M to fund the stadium expansion.

They have a revolving line of credit which allows them to draw down 150M for working capital purposes. They pretty much don't have any cash while we sit on 150M of it (180 less 30M which is required by the bank to sit there as emergency).

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Dude, Xhaka making the best of any situation has no bearing on wether he is better or not than Fabinho. Any rational person knows that Fabinho is the better and more complete CM.

:lol:

On a serious note, the fact Fabinho playing in a poverty league is clouding your judgment mate. Stop the wankfest, he's a decent player but there's always a possibility he'll bust when you come to a new league, system etc.

carlito'sway

Established Member
:lol:

On a serious note, the fact Fabinho playing in a poverty league is clouding your judgment mate. Stop the wankfest, he's a decent player but there's always a possibility he'll bust when you come to a new league, system etc.

Dude, the comment in bold just disqualified you. Can't take you seriously... I rest my case. :rolleyes:

BobP

Memri Fan

Mahrez, first you said he is not a fit...Now you are speculating about Pep's problems integrating him. Two different propositions so stop moving the goal posts.
Mahrez is a talented, creative winger. The type of player who excels under Pep. He will fit just fine and it will be up to him to win a spot.

1. @carlito'sway said it so it must be true and rational. Fabinho is the better and more complete CM.

2. How are you unable to see the relationship between Mahrez not fitting in as a player at City, and Pep having problems integrating him into his tactical structure?

You could swap one passage for the other and it would still mean the same thing.

Time for me and @carlito'sway to gang up with @Aevius who has banning rights to ban all who dismiss Fabinho ability! :p:p

But really, I know people are downplaying him because we didn't sign him and he went to Liverpool. But Fabinho is not only just a great footballer already but elite talent because of his age and that he can still improve!

Liverpool is brilliant step for him and Liverpool are actually doing a admiringly good job at the moment. They are identifying their problems and going for a top players! I've tried my best in last 2-3 years not envying these losers teams like Sp**s and Liverpool. But gotta give Liverpool a credit here!

carlito'sway

Established Member
1. @carlito'sway said it so it must be true and rational. Fabinho is the better and more complete CM.

2. How are you unable to see the relationship between Mahrez not fitting in as a player at City, and Pep having problems integrating him into his tactical structure?

You could swap one passage for the other and it would still mean the same thing.

Dude, Mahrez not fitting is just wishful thinking...He is a talented and creative winger, exactly the type of player Pep like. I can easily argue he is better than Sterling and the idea Pep (of all people) will have problems integrating him is simply bizarre.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Fabinho is a fantastic player, not sure how that's up for debate. Are people trying to be edgy or something?

Or dense.... (He is coming from a poverty league....:rolleyes:).
I am gutted he is going to Pool. This guy would have done wonder for us. The only similar CM that I can think of now is N'Zonzi.

StefanB

Comparing Xhaka and Fabinho. That's like comparing apples and oranges.

One is a defensive minded player who doesn't really have the best technique and passing ability, but excells with controlling the midfield with energy, positioning and tackling.

The other is a world class passer (especially his long passing) and excells at playmaking and keeping the team ticking. He also contributes to the defence, but his main focus is to be the guy who initiates the attacks from the back while providing balance in midfield.

Both are great players, and Liverpool has made a very good purchase.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Comparing Xhaka and Fabinho. That's like comparing apples and oranges.

One is a defensive minded player who doesn't really have the best technique and passing ability, but excells with controlling the midfield with energy, positioning and tackling.

The other is a world class passer (especially his long passing) and excells at playmaking and keeping the team ticking. He also contributes to the defence, but his main focus is to be the guy who initiates the attacks from the back while providing balance in midfield.

Both are great players, and Liverpool has made a very good purchase.

That is a fair enough statement but let me push back to that common misconception that he does not have the best technique. That is totally unjustified. The guy is very good with the ball on his feet and has a solid passing range as well.

wobbler

Man city closing to complete Mahrez deal for 85M euros according to Bein sports

Managers expecting this window to go back to more realistic prices are in for a shock. We just can't or won't compete with those types of numbers.

I wonder who will sign bale if he decides to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom