• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 641,320
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Since 2014

Won 4 league titles
Won 4 copa del ray
Won 2 supercopa de espana
Won 1 champions league
Won 1 uefa super cup
Won 1 fifa club world cup

400mill well spent IMO

Dembele, Malcolm, Coutinho and Suarez - I'm assuming that is the 4 players, only Suarez really seems to be worth it at this stage.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Seb Haller to West Ham allegedly is on. Brilliant alternative to Maxi Gomez albeit different players.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Since 2014

Won 4 league titles
Won 4 copa del ray
Won 2 supercopa de espana
Won 1 champions league
Won 1 uefa super cup
Won 1 fifa club world cup

400mill well spent IMO

But it isn't really well spent at all, as the only one who's as yet contributed massively and proven his worth is Suarez.

Yes, great they won a lot of course, that's the important part. But there has to be a massive nagging doubt within Barcelona's managment, that they are still basically being carried by Messi, despite all the money they have thrown at attackers. Suarez is the only one who's managed to be a consistent and high level player for them, but he's 32 now, and looks like it too these days, seems to carry a lot of extra weight, and maybe only has a season or two max left at the very top. Messi can go on longer of course, but still also he's 32, and he won't go on indefinately.

Barcelona seem to be trying to find solutions each transfer window, but each season they still end up being carried by Messi.

OSBK

Established Member
But it isn't really well spent at all, as the only one who's as yet contributed massively and proven his worth is Suarez.

Yes, great they won a lot of course, that's the important part. But there has to be a massive nagging doubt within Barcelona's managment, that they are still basically being carried by Messi, despite all the money they have thrown at attackers. Suarez is the only one who's managed to be a consistent and high level player for them, but he's 32 now, and looks like it too these days, seems to carry a lot of extra weight, and maybe only has a season or two max left at the very top. Messi can go on longer of course, but still also he's 32, and he won't go on indefinately.

Barcelona seem to be trying to find solutions each transfer window, but each season they still end up being carried by Messi.

I get your point but if the objective is to spend 400mill to secure a period of obscene trophy winning then it was money well spent. The same could be thrown at city, obscene money spent on the likes of mahrez but contribution no matter how small has achieved domestic dominance

Borussin

I get your point but if the objective is to spend 400mill to secure a period of obscene trophy winning then it was money well spent. The same could be thrown at city, obscene money spent on the likes of mahrez but contribution no matter how small has achieved domestic dominance

But they could have achieved what they did the last few years without a large portion of that money being spent is part of the point I guess! Suarez was a great buy, but Coutinho, Dembele and Malcom have contributed far less, they could have likely got such contributions from players who cost less - if they'd scouted better. But I guess IF you have the money - it doesn't matter. Barcelona go about their business in a particularly shameful way, disrupting players, getting them to go on strike, it's a common theme. I can't pretend I won't be happy when Messi finally retires and they actually have to be more careful and meassured in their approach to scouting and buying.

City are a whole different beast, a bottomless pit as long as their owners remain. They are not so reliant on one player. And yes, there is something slightly disgusting about them having a bench full of players and beyond, that would likely walk into most other teams in the league!

OSBK

Established Member
But they could have achieved what they did the last few years without a large portion of that money being spent is part of the point I guess! Suarez was a great buy, but Coutinho, Dembele and Malcom have contributed far less, they could have likely got such contributions from players who cost less - if they'd scouted better. But I guess IF you have the money - it doesn't matter. Barcelona go about their business in a particularly shameful way, disrupting players, getting them to go on strike, it's a common theme. I can't pretend I won't be happy when Messi finally retires and they actually have to be more careful and meassured in their approach to scouting and buying.

City are a whole different beast, a bottomless pit as long as their owners remain. They are not so reliant on one player. And yes, there is something slightly disgusting about them having a bench full of players and beyond, that would likely walk into most other teams in the league!

It will be a sad day when messi retires, but barca being barca will blood some young teenager in the next year that will turn out to be a worldie and carry them on.

Agree about city, i do think in the future at some point city will be like barca. The whole setup at city is gearing towards a english version of barca from academy to the first team. We havent seen the ugly side of city yet.

Borussin

It will be a sad day when messi retires, but barca being barca will blood some young teenager in the next year that will turn out to be a worldie and carry them on.

Agree about city, i do think in the future at some point city will be like barca. The whole setup at city is gearing towards a english version of barca from academy to the first team. We havent seen the ugly side of city yet.

Everything is ugly about City, when you have such disgusting owners as them, there is no good side.

Yeah I agree, it will be sad for football when Messi retires for sure. I guess they will be already looking for some kid somehwere to take that mantle! Finding him will be hard. It'll be a massive void, the way they rely on him as a player is maybe unprecedented.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Everything is ugly about City, when you have such disgusting owners as them, there is no good side.

Yeah I agree, it will be sad for football when Messi retires for sure. I guess they will be already looking for some kid somehwere to take that mantle! Finding him will be hard. It'll be a massive void, the way they rely on him as a player is maybe unprecedented.
Because as a player he is unprecedented. The midfield ability of Fabregas, the dribbling skills of the Original Ronaldo and the finishing ability of Henry all rolled into one.

Remember hearing one time if a footballer could create a player theyd create Messi if a scientist could create a player theyd create Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom