• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 641,275
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We better be praying that Brighton have some interest in Calum Chambers and we hold out for 25m.

Add that to the Zaha fund.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is why £30m for Saliba is a good deal even if you have to loan him back.
i swear these deals only happen in pl if Luis Dunk play in spain Germany he'll cost 25M maximum at this rate we have to forget to buy Zaha Crystal Palace will see these prices and won't lower the fee.

Reactions: A_G

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

i swear these deals only happen in pl if Luis Dunk play in spain Germany he'll cost 25M maximum at this rate we have to forget to buy Zaha Crystal Palace will see these prices and won't lower the fee.
Cost of relegation is so high and Brighton stayed up by the skin of their teeth.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This is why £30m for Saliba is a good deal even if you have to loan him back.

That sort of money (£45m) probably gets you Diallo or Upamecano. They probably wouldn’t move to Leicester though and I suppose that’s the problem. There’s clubs in the PL with money to burn but a limited amount of players they can attract, so they end up overpaying a lot of the time for good players instead of very good ones.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
United seem determined to bring in a British core. Bruno Fernandes aside everyone they're continuously linked with is British but £80 mil for Maguire is crazy. He's good but you could name 5 or 6 defenders around Europe better and would have cost less.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Its Maguire money. If you're getting a bag full of cash, you're more likely to spend it on some ott signing. Think Torres and Carroll

OSBK

Established Member
You make it sound like their transfer budget was £40mil like other mid table clubs.

How have i implied that? Was giving credit to a manger for going out and spending his big bucks on players that will solve an issue and improve our team. The opposite is wenger who spent his big bucks on laca and auba in a period where he couldve got vvd and a whole other host of cb's to solve our long term problem far cheaper.

Ripe Banana

How have i implied that? Was giving credit to a manger for going out and spending his big bucks on players that will solve an issue and improve our team. The opposite is wenger who spent his big bucks on laca and auba in a period where he couldve got vvd and a whole other host of cb's to solve our long term problem far cheaper.
My bad, interpreted your post differently

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm not even convinced that Maguire is that much better than Dunk tbh. I mean on the ball sure, which is probably a big reason as to why United are so keen on him. But defensively there could be an argument for Dunk being not too far off Maguire certainly. Could be a stroke of genius from Leicester while still have some money spare.

As for United and Maguire, look it's hefty but if they've no problem paying it and he has the impact that they want then people will soon forget the price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom