• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 641,714
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Another Gnabry, I'm not saying that with hindsight either it was patently obvious after about 5 minutes of that Emirates Cup appearance that he was quality.
Even then we could have inserted a buy back clause to cover ourselves like we did with Vela.
You would have thought with that clause getting us £12m or whatever it was for doing the square root of nothing we'd have done it again.

We never take up by back clauses anyways as Cesc, Vela, and Bennacer showed.

Sell on clauses are getting kind of annoying now btw. United’s 25% tax ****ed us on the Zaha deal and we had to bend over and accept one in Tierney’s transfer.

It is somewhat understandable with tiny clubs selling their only prized asset, but now bigger clubs are getting wise to both cash in now / cut their losses while covering their asses. Don’t get me wrong I appreciate the extra windfall of money that came into AFC during this cash strapped window, but imo they really shouldnt be allowed as they seem bit 3rd party ownership-esque. If you choose to transfer/sell a player then what they do and where they go afterwards shouldn’t matter as honestly what stops clubs from putting sell on clauses in every transfer out?

Tomb Bombadil

I think it's 10%.
Why don't we build in higher sell on clauses? Of course you won't get a lot of money for those youngsters. But then you should rather lower the fee and put in a higher sell on clause. In the end would be a win-win for both clubs. If he's a flop they paid less. If he's a top they get a lot of money anyway.

If you choose to transfer/sell a player then what they do and where they go afterwards shouldn’t matter as honestly what stops clubs from putting sell on clauses in every transfer out?
I think the opposite. If a club doesn't have the money / doesn't want to pay as much you get a sell-on-clause. I's like a futer investment. Especially with all the youngster if they turn out to be good everybody wins.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
We never take up by back clauses anyways as Cesc, Vela, and Bennacer showed.

Sell on clauses are getting kind of annoying now btw. United’s 25% tax ****ed us on the Zaha deal and we had to bend over and accept one in Tierney’s transfer.

It is somewhat understandable with tiny clubs selling their only prized asset, but now bigger clubs are getting wise to both cash in now / cut their losses while covering their asses. Don’t get me wrong I appreciate the extra windfall of money that came into AFC during this cash strapped window, but imo they really shouldnt be allowed as they seem bit 3rd party ownership-esque. If you choose to transfer/sell a player then what they do and where they go afterwards shouldn’t matter as honestly what stops clubs from putting sell on clauses in every transfer out?

Somewhat agree with this, I get why they insert the sell on clause but the new club will be the one who develops and give the player his chances. The old club gave up hope on the player and just covering themselves.

I kind of agree they should be removed from football mainly due to all the big clubs hoovering up talent young, stockpiling and then discarding but still having a slight hold on the players future career.

It was silly to sell him, why on Earth didn’t we just loan him? Cost the club £20m.

Raul, Vinai and Emery all here when the decision is taken. But Gazidis still on top of it. How much did we sign him for? We may have even lost on money on this player...

The thing is, he was coming back from good loan at Angers when Emery took over, but as senior on high wages I think Emery was a bit forced to go with Mikitaryan instead. Or at least it is what I'm imagine here. Can't wait until we get rid of him!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

From a Barca perspective I don’t get the Griezmann signing if they were so keen on getting Neymar back.

They knew they’d have to pay us 120M up front in one go and it might even be 200M after the lawyers have been involved.

That’s before somehow balancing out Messi, AG, Dembele, Suarez and Neymar on the field, even assuming that Coutinho is gone.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

From a Barca perspective I don’t get the Griezmann signing if they were so keen on getting Neymar back.

They knew they’d have to pay us 120M up front in one go and it might even be 200M after the lawyers have been involved.

That’s before somehow balancing out Messi, AG, Dembele, Suarez and Neymar on the field, even assuming that Coutinho is gone.
Looks like we're signing Dembele in Jan.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

It'd be nice for the obnoxious little prick Griezmann to rot on the bench.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Apparently Arsenal haven’t responded yet to Jeff.

Throw the Iwobi money on him and loan him until Jan. :drool:

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

I think every was done with Griezmann a long time ago. At this time, they couldn't know that Neymar would be on the market.

Griezmann already informed Atletico about his decision to leave (everything official) and Barca agreed to sign him, just had to wait for the beginning of the next month.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think every was done with Griezmann a long time ago. At this time, they couldn't know that Neymar would be on the market.

Griezmann already informed Atletico about his decision to leave (everything official) and Barca agreed to sign him, just had to wait for the beginning of the next month.

Neymar’s wanted out for ages though, it’s not a recent development. This has been building.

They’ve been trying to manoeuvre a deal for both from the start, they came to Atletico with an instalment offer but because of how the tapping up was handled they wouldn’t play ball.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Neymar’s wanted out for ages though, it’s not a recent development. This has been building.

They’ve been trying to manoeuvre a deal for both from the start, they came to Atletico with an instalment offer but because of how the tapping up was handled they wouldn’t play ball.

But Nasser Al-Khelaifi changed completely in this case.
He wanted prestige and the best players for all costs, there was nearly no chance he would let Neymar leave.

Then he said something like "if they don't want to be part of our project, they can leave". After that Barca realized, that Neymar is a realistic option, because PSG doesn't want to keep him anymore.

But Griezmann was already a done deal. Without the Griezmann transfer, Neymar would be probably a Barca player already.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Apparently Arsenal haven’t responded yet to Jeff.

Throw the Iwobi money on him and loan him until Jan. :drool:

It’s an interesting one thinking forward to next summer. If Ceballos is dead set on going back we’ll need to sign another midfielder/attacking midfielder. Might be worth matching the offer with that in mind. I dunno if the player would be up for it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom