• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 660,315
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Runs up and down well but he gets embarrassed by quality wingers and his crossing is dire.

Imagine if Alphonso Davies was English, 200M player.

Full-backs are a massive part of modern football now. You can't get away with just having "decent" full-backs anymore. There'll be a ceiling over what you can achieve.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Chelsea are spending so much money...gonna be hilarious when Arsenal beat them to Champions League next season, with Willian for free being our only signing and best player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Full-backs are a massive part of modern football now. You can't get away with just having "decent" full-backs anymore. There'll be a ceiling over what you can achieve.

Yeah exactly. Look at Man Utd, had to spend big money on AWB and he’s one of the best defensive full backs I can remember.

Already though they’re considering moving him to CB because he doesn’t offer enough going forwards.

They’ll have to hope that Reece James develops on the other side or they’re in trouble.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Leicester are *****.

I thought they wanted 80m ffs that would have been comical.

Can we get Soyuncu for 30m?

Manberg

Predator
I don't rate Chilwell. Didn't he have a poor spell at one point and was getting criticism from his fans after getting destroyed by Mahrez?

edit: This is what I remember of Chilwell. Mahrez was destroying him all game.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It’s quite obvious that Leicester are going to go for Jamal Lewis now, I think he’d be a good signing for them.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Leicester are *****.

I thought they wanted 80m ffs that would have been comical.

Can we get Soyuncu for 30m?

To criticise Leicester over this transfer is a bit ridiculous. They keep robbing teams blind and finding replacements.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

To criticise Leicester over this transfer is a bit ridiculous. They keep robbing teams blind and finding replacements.

No, Chelsea were desperate I think they would have paid more than 50m tbh.

They paid 70m for Kepa ffs.

Bloodbather

Established Member

No, Chelsea were desperate I think they would have paid more than 50m tbh.

We don't know how the negotiations went, maybe 50 was as high as it could go. It's a pretty ridiculous fee as it is. Going by the Maguire deal, Leicester seem pretty good negotiators to me.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We don't know how the negotiations went, maybe 50 was as high as it could go. It's a pretty ridiculous fee as it is. Going by the Maguire deal, Leicester seem pretty good negotiators to me.

It’s a ridiculous fee but Chelsea fans are going to argue that City spend 50m on fullbacks every summer and you have to pay a premium to sign England internationals.

Didn’t Cancelo go for 50m?

I think 80m would have put immense pressure on Frank Lampard if Chilwell flops.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Attletic Bilbao genuinely don't negotiate...you either pay the release clause, or their player leaves for free at the end of his contact.

Don't think this one is on Chelsea.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
They've overpaid by about £20M but he's still a quality left back and improves them. So far Chelsea are winning the window but still need a keeper. Looks like Thiago Silva will be their CB option which really isn't good enough either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom