• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 660,119
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
With the amount of money Chelsea have been spunking this transfer window, if they don't mount proper title challenge, lampard will get the boot and rightly so

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Angelino/Mendy
Laporte/Ake
Koulibaly/Stones/Otamendi
Walker/Cancelo

Don't think the full backs are ground breaking but CB options are pretty decent if they get Koulibaly. Still think they have this problem of just throwing money at the most talented player or flavour of the month in each position. Dont really look to create a good blend.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Angelino/Mendy
Laporte/Ake
Koulibaly/Stones/Otamendi
Walker/Cancelo

Don't think the full backs are ground breaking but CB options are pretty decent if they get Koulibaly. Still think they have this problem of just throwing money at the most talented player or flavour of the month in each position. Dont really look to create a good blend.
They also want Auoar when they have KDB, Foden and Silva.. No surprise

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea are spending so much money...gonna be hilarious when Arsenal beat them to Champions League next season, with Willian for free being our only signing and best player.
El Nenny counts as a new signing mate.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't rate Chilwell. Didn't he have a poor spell at one point and was getting criticism from his fans after getting destroyed by Mahrez?

edit: This is what I remember of Chilwell. Mahrez was destroying him all game.

Would have absolutely loved Mahrez at Arsenal...think we were linked around summer 2017, would have been perfect for us...such a shame.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
What are the other options for Man City? They bought a good and young CB from the league, and the best CB in Italy.

When you have money, it is stupid to overpay for young or no name CBs. This is exactly what happened to City with Mangala, Stones, somehow Laporte, Walker, Mendy, Otamendi, etc. I think Koulibaly is worth the risk.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What are the other options for Man City? They bought a good and young CB from the league, and the best CB in Italy.

When you have money, it is stupid to overpay for young or no name CBs. This is exactly what happened to City with Mangala, Stones, somehow Laporte, Walker, Mendy, Otamendi, etc. I think Koulibaly is worth the risk.

Think Laporte was 100% worth the price. But the rest I agree with, not sure how such a fantastic team at getting the right midfielders and attackers in can be so bad with defensive transfers.

When was the last time they flopped buying a midfielder or attacker? You have to go back to Nolito being signed but even he was alright for a little bit :lol: Every attacker or midfielder since then has been elite and brilliant for them. Rodri, granted, has taken time to settle. But he is still a baller.

Also they've signed three right backs in the past two summers including this one, going under the radar a little bit...

But Pedro Porro for 10M from Girona, Yan Couto who I believe Barca and ourselves were interested in for 5M and then Issa Kabore from a Belgium side for a similar fee to Couto.

City have always done pretty smart business outside of the defence, they seem to be getting smarter with the defence as well now. And tbf the defenders they signed managed to nab them a couple of titles so.

Manberg

Predator
We wouldn't have been able to compete with City in 2018, we needed to get him before that.

Should have just sold Sanchez for big money in 2017, then bought Mahrez.

You should’ve said this in 2017. Saying things in hindsight is pointless.

Malky

Established Member
Koulibaly just feels like a big money flop waiting to happen.
Ake is a good defender but the level between Laporte and the rest is huge.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Koulibaly is immense tbh. Pretty sure he will do well, a bit surprised at the “City overpaid” vibes I’m seeing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom