• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 660,224
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Pogba would fit right in with the PSG lot, he belongs there. Nothing he has done at United has warranted him joining Real Madrid imo, he'd be signed based off his Juve and international performances.

And before people say he's bad because united are bad etc etc... top players are meant to rise above the rest. They're meant to be consistently your best player if you are ****, look at Fernandes. He has added real quality and leadership to that side.

United would be fools to keep Pogba and not cash in on him, he doesnt have an elite mentality imo.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don’t see how United fit in both Bellingham and Grealish, not with Sancho joining as well.

Sancho and Grealish alone is £200m.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
We’re 10th of course I’m going to cry?

And I get it.
However, it's enough to moan once or twice, but still show some ability to appreciate things that are not as bad on second look.

I remember you fondly as being as ecstatic about the arrival of Arteta as I was/am and that's a starting point to give the club credit for, to not follow the uninspired gutless experienced route, but to believe in a young guy with modern thoughts and ideas.

You said it yourself, that the process to change things will be a long one and not something that'll appear over night.
This paired with you highlighting how much importance you give to the right coach to achieve good results on numerous posts would make one believe that you'd stay a bit calmer and acknowledge small changes (which should be more than apparent) in the way we play.

But you fell back to being negative 24/7.

It's fair to be pissed at our standing and be worried of the financial outcome of not making CL once more, but there's a lot to be hopeful of.

Arteta hasn't even had a single pre-season with us which is a totally different beast compared to some drills in between games, yet our side looks more and more like City light with some problems in midfield due to a general issue, a lack of athletism and speed, and a lack of output at the final front.

Those things can be super annoying at times, but can switch to the better within moments when certain things fall into place.

Also, consider adding just 2 players to this side that Arteta wants + Saliba as a good addition and just 1-2 more kids starting to perform like Saka did and it's all changed.
Add a imposing CM with all the tools and another good CB, have the young attackers matured, Pepe fully arrived and it all might turn out great.

I just don't like hating on everything your own club does when it's not even fair.

You used the last few seasons as 'proof' of our next to come, with the same bad transfers and the same dull football, yet you've just been excited for Arteta and we have tons of new faces in form of promising kids which already shows a completely changed environment to work with.

Similarly, you don't apply the same critics to other clubs - ManU has wasted more money, has been worse than us and is yet to achieve anything of note, yet you give them credit for what they could do in the future even though they didn't manage it so far.

You also got highly impressed about Sp**s business in the market and how they'd be way and beyond us this season, yet they don't just look worse than us, they also don't have the talent coming up nor a quality manager as we do.

Things change so fast in football, let it breath a little, you've show before on AM that you are capable of posting with a bit more thought than just bad emotions before.

There's really no fan base that hates on his own club as much as we do. It's not helping it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

And I get it.
However, it's enough to moan once or twice, but still show some ability to appreciate things that are not as bad on second look.

I remember you fondly as being as ecstatic about the arrival of Arteta as I was/am and that's a starting point to give the club credit for, to not follow the uninspired gutless experienced route, but to believe in a young guy with modern thoughts and ideas.

You said it yourself, that the process to change things will be a long one and not something that'll appear over night.
This paired with you highlighting how much importance you give to the right coach to achieve good results on numerous posts would make one believe that you'd stay a bit calmer and acknowledge small changes (which should be more than apparent) in the way we play.

But you fell back to being negative 24/7.

It's fair to be pissed at our standing and be worried of the financial outcome of not making CL once more, but there's a lot to be hopeful of.

Arteta hasn't even had a single pre-season with us which is a totally different beast compared to some drills in between games, yet our side looks more and more like City light with some problems in midfield due to a general issue, a lack of athletism and speed, and a lack of output at the final front.

Those things can be super annoying at times, but can switch to the better within moments when certain things fall into place.

Also, consider adding just 2 players to this side that Arteta wants + Saliba as a good addition and just 1-2 more kids starting to perform like Saka did and it's all changed.
Add a imposing CM with all the tools and another good CB, have the young attackers matured, Pepe fully arrived and it all might turn out great.

I just don't like hating on everything your own club does when it's not even fair.

You used the last few seasons as 'proof' of our next to come, with the same bad transfers and the same dull football, yet you've just been excited for Arteta and we have tons of new faces in form of promising kids which already shows a completely changed environment to work with.

Similarly, you don't apply the same critics to other clubs - ManU has wasted more money, has been worse than us and is yet to achieve anything of note, yet you give them credit for what they could do in the future even though they didn't manage it so far.

You also got highly impressed about Sp**s business in the market and how they'd be way and beyond us this season, yet they don't just look worse than us, they also don't have the talent coming up nor a quality manager as we do.

Things change so fast in football, let it breath a little, you've show before on AM that you are capable of posting with a bit more thought than just bad emotions before.

There's really no fan base that hates on his own club as much as we do. It's not helping it.
Well said, shame on Gary.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don’t see how United fit in both Bellingham and Grealish, not with Sancho joining as well.

Bellingham is only 16. Probably gets similar minutes to Mason Greenwood next year then a loan after for one or two years.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Grealish is almost definitely not coming. However, not sure if Villa being relegated changes things.

Grealish's position is a luxury, Sancho or any other first team calibre RW however is a necessity.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Grealish is almost definitely not coming. However, not sure if Villa being relegated changes things.

Grealish's position is a luxury, Sancho or any other first team calibre RW however is a necessity.
What about CB? You guys sticking with Lindelof and Bailly to partner Maguire you think?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Bellingham is the last thing we need. We need an established pairing in midfield. We can not afford (financially or football wise) to be investing heavily in youngsters regardless of how much potential they have.

United have Matic, Fred, Pogba and Fernandes. They can have McTomminay and Bellingham waiting in reserve.

We can't have Xhaka, Guendouzi, El Nenny, Willock, Torreria and Özil then be looking at a teenager to be our main signing in the area.

We need a certified midfield boss. Partey is wish list stuff, but we need a player that is at least proven at Prem level or better still Champions league level.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Meh, don't care about Bellingham. He seems impressive for a 116 year old but we need more established players in midfield at this point. I'm content to have Willock, Douzi and Smith Rowe as the young guns midfield. Unless we're getting Camavinga I'd rather focus resources in getting two established mids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom