• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 660,099
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
one of Coutinho/James
3a8egt.png

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Auba/Laca/Martinelli/Nketiah
Coutinho/Auba/Saka-Coutinho/Mahrez/ESR-Mahrez/Pepe/Nelson
Keita/Willock/Camavinga-Partey/Torreira/Douzi
LB/Tierney/Saka-Pau Torres/David Luiz/Holding-Saliba/Sokratis/Luiz-RB/Bellerin/

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
James not so much but Coutinho can still be revived at Arsenal and probably have more impact than our current bunch.

Don't think so. Coutinho is way too less creative, which you can see at Bayern right now. And you could see it at Barca. It's no coincidence Liverpool got better after they sold him, and not just because they could get VVD and Alisson. Their attacking balance got much better without him. Neat but overrated player and not what Arsenal needs.

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Don't think so. Coutinho is way too less creative, which you can see at Bayern right now. And you could see it at Barca. It's no coincidence Liverpool got better after they sold him, and not just because they could get VDV and Alisson. Their attacking balance got much better without him. Neat but overrated player and not what Arsenal needs.
He'd still be way more useful than Özil, Mkhitaryan and whoever else we could field. We're not getting top end creative players so a player with his skill and ability under Arteta could be worth a shot.

Liverpool didn't get better just because they sold him. Barcelona bought him for over 100m and that helped Liverpool build a much stronger attack in respect to Klopps preferred style of play. That entire attack is a total shift away from when Coutinho was there not to mention their varied way of using midfielders and the fullbacks.

Bayern and Barca didn't or don't really need Coutinho for any particular reason tbf.

Anyway, I'm no Coutinho fan either but I can see him doing well here at Arsenal on the facts that we don't have anyone who can do what he can, Arteta could get something out of him and maybe in a different way and the possibility of us signing him due to Kia I suppose.

I'd rather have Coutinho over Özil and Mkhitaryan.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Atletico Madrid looking at Morelos from Rangers, 10-15M.

Would take a punt on him, only 23 and shows an eye for goal. You’re born with that, can’t really teach it. Edgy South/Central American character too.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would take a punt on him, only 23 and shows an eye for goal. You’re born with that, can’t really teach it. Edgy South/Central American character too.
Ugly little ****.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

We'll likely to get involved and try get Eduoard from Celtic. We'll have fun in summer with triggered Celtic fans here.

Malky

Established Member
We'll likely to get involved and try get Eduoard from Celtic. We'll have fun in summer with triggered Celtic fans here.
Rather Edouard in all honesty. Morelos for £15M is a low fee high reward type signing, but he comes with ALOT of baggage, he has a serious lack of discipline and his general attitude on the pitch is pathetic at times.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Rather Edouard in all honesty. Morelos for £15M is a low fee high reward type signing, but he comes with ALOT of baggage, he has a serious lack of discipline and his general attitude on the pitch is pathetic at times.
Edouard seems pretty good in SPL from the clips but hard to tell if he can cut it in the PL. Morelos I can't really say.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Jermaine Defoe has 21 goals in 35 games ffs, he’s pushing 40. You’re banging them in for fun in Scotland even if you’re half decent.

I think Eddie Nketieh would match Morelos and Edouard.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Igahlo, Martial and Rashford. That's not a terrible trio of striking options. I would have thought that they would want somebody who is world class though.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Whose on the market tho?

Good point. They would probably go for somebody older as Rashford will be the long term option. Now you've asked this, I can only think of players on the decline such as Cavani, Benzema, Suarez or Costa, who United would chuck silly money at.

The onl
y world class striker that they could probably get would be Harry Kane for crazy money or Griezmann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom