• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 659,525
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

People are forgetting Liverpool style of play is fast paced, aggressive counter attacking football.

Adama Traore “kick and run” will suit them but Wolves will overprice them imo.

Against smaller teams though they’ve tried to dominate possession more because playing on the counter against teams who sit deep is almost impossible.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Good in transition but if you’re a team who dominates the ball he offers you almost nothing.

Handy for him that Wolves love to set him free on the break. All his goals this season have come in three games, the two against Man City and Sp**s away where Wolves just set up to counter.

He’ll cost a massive amount of money and is a bang average footballer.
I love Adama but this is actually a good point. A lot criticize Barcelona for letting him go but let's be real with Barcelonas tiki taka style and their domination of 70% of possession almost every game, no chance he would've fit well to the team.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Against smaller teams though they’ve tried to dominate possession more because playing on the counter against teams who sit deep is almost impossible.

True but I remember those on here making similar comments when Liverpool and Man Utd were linked with Sadio Mane.

I don’t rate Adama Traore but he’ll add something else to their attack if they get him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don't see the issue with that when he's so good at it. Beats his man with ease and much more frequently and successfully than Zaha for instance.

His end-product is questionable but it's improving.

It’s because if he hasn’t got space to run into he’s really ineffectual. He turns up for big games because there’s space to run into.

He’s been very average against teams lower down the table, taking away the two games against Man City, and the most recent Sp**s and Liverpool games he has no goals and five assists on the whole season.

Zaha is a better dribbler while Traore is clearly faster and a stronger runner, just don’t think if you’re a big team you can spend that much on someone who contributes little on the ball or creatively.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
It’s because if he hasn’t got space to run into he’s really ineffectual. He turns up for big games because there’s space to run into.

He’s been very average against teams lower down the table, taking away the two games against Man City, and the most recent Sp**s and Liverpool games he has no goals and five assists on the whole season.

Zaha is a better dribbler while Traore is clearly faster and a stronger runner, just don’t think if you’re a big team you can spend that much on someone who contributes little on the ball or creatively.

Why take away those?

God forbid our players contribute to beating Sp**s and Man City(home, too) away. :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Why take away those?

God forbid our players contribute to beating Sp**s and Man City(home, too) away. :lol:

Just because all of those goals and assists were when he was set free to run into massive amounts of space.

Against almost every other team who sits deep against Wolves he’s struggled without the space in behind to run into. He’s not an amazing decision maker and his crossing is actually pretty poor at times.

If you’re a bigger team more often than not you’ll be breaking down compact defensive units and that’s something he’s not great at doing.

Im seeing comparisons to Mané but he was getting goals against all levels of opposition playing in three positions across the front line and was so sharp in the final third.

Furious

Just because all of those goals and assists were when he was set free to run into massive amounts of space.

Against almost every other team who sits deep against Wolves he’s struggled without the space in behind to run into. He’s not an amazing decision maker and his crossing is actually pretty poor at times.

If you’re a bigger team more often than not you’ll be breaking down compact defensive units and that’s something he’s not great at doing.

Im seeing comparisons to Mané but he was getting goals against all levels of opposition playing in three positions across the front line and was so sharp in the final third.

I admit I haven't watched him vs smaller teams. But I could imagine him still being able to beat his man even when the other team is sat back if we're good at setting him up 1 vs 1.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That is the biggest load of bullcrap I've ever seen. Wijnaldum flourished in Liverpool's system but he'd look like a **** at Barcelona.

Wijnaldum arguably flourishes more for Holland, or at least his full talents are able to be showcased in a less restrictive role. I think given relatively freedom in a more advanced role he could be post some good numbers for a midfielder.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wijnaldum arguably flourishes more for Holland, or at least his full talents are able to be showcased in a less restrictive role. I think given relatively freedom in a more advanced role he could be post some good numbers for a midfielder.

How Henderson is favourite for POTY and not him is scandalous.

Furious

That is the biggest load of bullcrap I've ever seen. Wijnaldum flourished in Liverpool's system but he'd look like a **** at Barcelona.

He's a f*cking **** now at Liverpool too. Scores the occasional goal but he offers absolutely nothing in general play, all his numbers are utterly pathetic.

Furious

Somebody posted a chart of the progressiveness of midfielders, was it @dashsnow17?

Cucknaldum was the least progressive and sitting in a corner by himself.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's an average player that will get found out if he goes to another top team. Klopp is very good at squeezing out every drop from a player. Even bums like Origi perform like world class in big games FFS.

He's given a specific role in that Liverpool team and he excels at it. Going to Barca where he's going to spend more time on the ball is going to expose his limitations imo

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Yeah agreed..

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Gio is a quality player. People forget he played as an attacking midfielder at Feynoord and Newcastle. He wouldn't look lost at Barcelona technically and will slide in right next to DeJong like he does for Holland.

Klopp will get him on a new deal anyway so it's a pointless convo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom